• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Some Tests For All Of Us

Guest Leigh

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: 465, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a feminine manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female possible Transsexual

NOTES:

* Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.

[ CLOSE WINDOW ] {SUPERPLZ}

http://www.personaldna.com/report.php?k=Lo...;u=1074c5b2a82f

I liked the dna one it was fun just to take and had and interesting method of answering questions. and the colors in the mapping were nice.

but yeah, I agree with Bernii, the sage test was pretty brutal; like a cogiati on roids or something like that. I can't focus so well now (I think).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paula ult

• EVAN_DESU

• Carolyn Marie

Guest My_Genesis

Your Raw Score is: -815, which indicates that overall you are Masculine

Your appearance is Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Male person.

You appear to socialize in a very masculine manner.

You believe you have normal doubts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Female.

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery

NOTES:

* Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

i took this test ages ago..lol i really cant remember what the outcome was then.

but im curious as to how they ask a lot of these questions? like....the one about the dream, if you choose the "arousing" one vs. the "What a great dream!" one, what does that mean?? lol.

and who cares about what kind of car you want?? lol i thought most of those cars were at least bordering on masculine, anyway.

Never could do mental math....even though math is like my best subject. my mom is a wiz at it though :P

Guest Little Sara

I'm curious to how Bernie and Julie can be so, hmm extreme, in the DNA test. How can you get scores of 98 and 100?

I'm VERY empathic and still only got like 60.

When I moved the sliders, I never moved them to the extreme limit, only to like 75%, 87.5%, or maybe 90%. I don't believe the extremities are possible, in the same way I don't believe 100% light and 0% darkness can exist.

Same for feminity. When I read the "G-11" TG fiction series, I thought 82% female was extremely high (out of 30 children, this was the highest score on the female end of the range).

I also come off as very feminine, and extremely female to most, yet I got a score of 66 feminity (it's not a % like the above, and not comparable).

--------------

Yes, I thought some questions were weird. I answered "A car's a car, I don't care" mainly.

I'm a math wiz, the written problems are sometimes annoying. Though the seeds one?

60% of seeds sprout, and you want 660 trees.

100/60 *660 = answer

That one was easy.

I don't buy tampons. I don't dream I'm pregnant.

And thinking about those isn't arousing...because I don't think about them.

Heck, I buy adult diapers and don't find that arousing. Neither are the TV ads.

Guest Amelia19
Confidence 26

Openness 12

Extroversion 18

Empathy 80

Trust in others 70

Agency 70

Masculinity 26

Femininity 18

Spontaneity 42

Attention to style 74

Authoritarianism 30

Earthy/Imaginative 34

Aesthetic/Functional 52

low confidence =(

Guest Irielle

I just took the SAGE test and my results are:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: 375, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You believe you have major conflicts about your gender identity.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.

NOTES:

* Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

No big surprises, although it's interesting they label me transsexual rather than androgynous. I always question myself whether I might be transsexual. I know I should be female and would love to be female, but even if I were I would still be androgynous. The test shows the same thing with my brain function, it's androgynous.

I guess the question is can a person be transsexual and androgynous at the same time? Yup, I think so; I am.

Guest Irielle

OK, here's my DNA results -

You are a Creator

• Your imagination, confidence, willingness to explore, and appreciation of beauty make you a CREATOR.

• You are independent, and you enjoy your self-sufficiency.

• Defying convention, you are very innovative, and you have a vivid imagination.

• The look of things is important to you, and you have a keen eye for aesthetic beauty in multiple arenas.

• You have a strong interest in what is new and exciting—and that includes forging ahead with new ideas, not simply discovering what is already out there.

• Your eagerness to seek new and varied experiences leads you into many different situations.

• You're not set on one way of doing things, and you are creative when it comes to finding novel solutions to complex problems.

• You trust yourself to be innovative and resourceful.

• Your confidence allows you to take your general awareness and channel it into creativity.

• You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

• You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

• You have a strong sense of style and value your personal presentation - friends may even seek your style advice from time to time.

• Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

how you relate to others

You are Considerate

• You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.

• You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.

• You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.

• Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.

• Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.

• Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.

• You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.

• Your close friends know you as a good listener.

Considerate Creator

Your Personality

Confidence

Low High 92

Openness

Low High 50

Extroversion

Low High 20

Empathy

Low High 60

Trust in others

Low High 98

Agency

Low High 76

Masculinity

Low High 58

Femininity

Low High 76

Spontaneity

Low High 88

Attention to style

Low High 94

Authoritarianism

Low High 8

Earthy/Imaginative

Imaginative Earthy 2

Aesthetic/Functional

Guest Amelia19

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: 395, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

ANALYSIS:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zabrak
Confidence 30

Openness 28

Extroversion 16

Empathy 0

Trust in others 2

Agency 20

Masculinity 100

Femininity 0

Spontaneity 12

Attention to style 2

Authoritarianism 92

Earthy/Imaginative 100 towards Earthy

Aesthetic/Functional 2 towards Functional

I answered this all honestly..its strange though, I thought I was at lest slightly feminine? Maybe its just my mood lately. Eh....

Heres the rest:

You are a Cautious Analyst. personalDNAabout you

You are an Analyst

Your attention to detail, confidence, sense of order, and focus on functionality combine to make you an ANALYST.

You are very curious about how things work, delving into the mechanics behind things.

Along those lines, how well something works is usually more important to you than what it looks like.

You find beauty and wonder mainly in concrete, functional, earthly things.

You are very aware of your own abilities, and you believe that you will find the best way of doing things.

Accordingly, problems do not intimidate you, as you believe in yourself.

You trust yourself to find solutions within the boundaries of your knowledge.

You don't spend a lot of time imagining how things could be different—you're well-grounded in the here-and-now.

It is important for you to follow a routine, and you prefer the familiar to the unknown.

Your independent streak and masculine nature allow you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts

You approach problems in an analytical way, not getting caught up in your own emotions. You are an independent thinker, not wedded to the preferences of others.

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

Never one to be found in chic boutiques or trendy clothing stores, you take an extremely practical approach to getting dressed.

You are Cautious

Being independent, practical, and somewhat guarded with others makes you CAUTIOUS.

You tend to keep to yourself, wary of trusting others with personal information.

The values that you hold are central to your identity—you are a very principled person.

You have respect for the natural order of things, and a good sense of right and wrong.

Investigating the world through observation, as opposed to interaction, is preferable to you.

You have an appreciation for those who have attained a certain level of accomplishment, particularly the rare few who have succeeded honestly.

You are efficient—when you work with others, you get down to business, and fulfill your obligations.

You sometimes wish that others would be more like you—less hindered by their emotions, more respectful, and more private.

Guest Little Sara

Like I said before, I find it weird that people get 0s and 100s.

You have 0 empathy, that's being a sociopath you know? I don't believe you have 0 empathy though. Even people with Asperger have at least a degree of empathy.

You also can't be 100 masculine 0 feminine, that's impossible, unless you're the physical manifestation of a god of Masculinity we weren't aware of.

No imagination at all and completely functional, without aesthetics?

Is it me or does this seem like an example of extremely stereotypical behavior people would expect from a man, rather than what a real man's personality looks like (ie this profile result is a caricature, not a real person)?

Do you people taking this test take the question as yes/no or something.

How do you react in x situation is always 100% or 0% x?

The same way as sex is a continuum, as sexual orientation is a continuum, as identity is a continuum, so is personality. No one is at the extremes. It's a bell curve, closer to the poles, maybe, but not at the edge in everything, this statistically doesn't exist, you're 1 in a trillion if the test is truthful :P

It would be like being the tallest guy on the planet, with the biggest muscles on the planet, who talks about cars and sex and beers and having intercourse women and can't place two meaningful sentences in front of each other. Only talks with fists or other weapons, even to parents, teachers, bosses, police, the army, SWATs (no empathy, no fear either I bet).

That's the kind of profile this belongs to: no one.

The extreme masculine is dysfunctional, the extreme feminine is dysfunctional, only a balance that includes at least a modicum of each is functional. You can be 90/10 and you'd be super-extreme. Even 80/20 is pretty high.

Guest Zabrak

No, I answered the questions as I see fit. Not all where 100 to one side or the others. Most wernt. The ones that where had to do with people and I have trouble trusting people, that is why I talk online.

It would be like being the tallest guy on the planet, with the biggest muscles on the planet, who talks about cars and sex and beers and having intercourse women and can't place two meaningful sentences in front of each other. Only talks with fists or other weapons, even to parents, teachers, bosses, police, the army, SWATs (no empathy, no fear either I bet).

None of the test involved anything to do with my body, or sex, or beer. It did have to do with talking, which I do not do a lot or at all in real life. Read the questions, their all "Do you trust people" "Do you plan things or like to be random". These I have answers for most of the time as a simple yes or no. Also, you dont have to be fit, giant, run miles a day and lift weights to be Functional. Everything I have is in order, my every day life is pretty much planned out and I have high goals for my future. I do no see failure as a option because if I fail I will have nothing in this life...I'm very job oriented.

Guest Little Sara

I'm a perfectionist, yet see my results were pretty middle of the road, definitely empathic, definitely feminine, definitely not masculine, yet no 100%, no 0%.

I do like my stuff to be functional. I don't get pencil skirts because 1) I find them ugly 2) they restrict movement for no good reason.

I also don't get dresses that hug the curves the whole way 1) I could sew something better with my drapes, and it would be more visually appealing 2) Again it restricts normal walking for no good reason.

I don't like narrow (stiletto) heels 1) The heel can break easily 2) You can break your ankles relatively more easily 3) It's not as pretty as it's made out to be.

I can wear less narrow heels (narrow but not stiletto) 1) I can walk fine in them without injury to my feet 2) I can choose a pretty design on it 3) I can run with them.

See, both aesthetic and functional, but neither 100% of each.

Aethetics and functionality are tied to each other. For example, the color red for a bedroom is a bad choice, not for aesthetic reasons but for functionality reasons (it doesn't promote calm, it promotes anger and other feelings that keep you awake rather than promote sleep). Yet would you choose any non-red color then because your sense of aesthetics is zero, thus you have no sense of design and no favorite color?

Design comes into functionality. If you design a website, you want it both graphically appealing and functional integrally (its code and whatever else is supposed to function). You can put more weight on either side, but not 0 or 100%.

Put 0% aesthetics and 100% functional and you'll end up with what you get when you type "view source code". That's functional.

Put 100% aesthetics and 0% functional, and you'll end up with a bunch of pretty X in red squares cause you can't code for real on a page with nothing but pictures (that don't show up).

I don't talk much in real life either, but I'm far from black and white. You can be goal-oriented and plan everything out but if you never allow for routine change without seriously messing you up, then you have low-functioning autism. Not everything can be planned. You don't plan where each and every car will go, at what speed, with how many passengers, with how much gas, with what road conditions etc. You can plan your reaction, but you'll have to improvise if an accident happens won't you? Pushing the brakes without a Stop, a red light etc = improvising. Getting on the side of the road for your kid to go pee = improvising. Even if you planned stops every 50 km on the way, your kid won't wait for that exact spot.

Guest My_Genesis
Like I said before, I find it weird that people get 0s and 100s.

You have 0 empathy, that's being a sociopath you know? I don't believe you have 0 empathy though. Even people with Asperger have at least a degree of empathy.

No imagination at all and completely functional, without aesthetics?

uh...i scored like 10 on empathy and about the same for femininity, and i think like 65-70 on masc. (this is going strictly by memory although when it comes to numbers, well, they stick in my head well lol)

i think i might have asperger's :huh:

seriously though, i had a shrink mention it once, but then this other social worker i started seeing a few years later said i can't have asperger's because of my speaking patterns? lol she said something like i would talk really monotone and not communicate well with others. idk if that's true though. oh well, bill gates probs had asperger's and i idolize him and his epic creations of technological awesomeness :D

Guest Sarah Marie

Below are my results from both tests. The Androgynous thinking conclusion likely makes sense given my deep background, and life-long interest in science and math.

S.A.G.E:

Your Raw Score is: 780, which indicates that overall you are FeminineYour appearance is Androgynous

You appear to socialize in a very feminine manner.

You believe you have serious conflicts about your gender identity.

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery

NOTES:

• Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young

Personal DNA:

Confidence 68

Openness 54

Extroversion 14 (low and consistent with scores on similar tests through the years)

Empathy 88 (high)

Trust in Others 94

Agency 88

Masculinity 44 (still too high; sigh, 'tis the curse of me analytical brain, so it is)

Femininity 92 (high and WAHOO!!!!! :D )

Spontenaity 50

Attention to style 32 (low -- yup, that's me)

Authoritarianism 2 (very low)

Earthy/imaginative 8 (low)

Aesthetic/functional 22 (low -- not clear on how to interpret this one)

About you: you are an inventor.

The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you-- you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.

Problem solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity and understanding of how things work.

How you relate to others:

You trust others, care about them and are slow to judge them, making you considerate.

You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly observing others.

Conclusion: Both tests provide reliable insights into who any test taker actually is. When the results and conclusions are combined, both tests provide a very accurate description of who (and what) I really am.

Guest Little Sara
uh...i scored like 10 on empathy and about the same for femininity, and i think like 65-70 on masc. (this is going strictly by memory although when it comes to numbers, well, they stick in my head well lol)

i think i might have asperger's :huh:

seriously though, i had a shrink mention it once, but then this other social worker i started seeing a few years later said i can't have asperger's because of my speaking patterns? lol she said something like i would talk really monotone and not communicate well with others. idk if that's true though. oh well, bill gates probs had asperger's and i idolize him and his epic creations of technological awesomeness :D

Shrinks have way to dismiss Aspie diagnosis as if people having the diagnosis needed to be super-dysfunctional people you'd spot 5 miles away.

Well, sorry but it's called high-functioning autism for a reason, its frigging high-functioning.

I have Asperger and my shrink dismissed the possibility because I had some empathy, I talked okay, and I didn't have hand-flapping tics...I mean come on. I checked the DSM and I fit the diagnosis criterias.

Guest Jeannine Bean

Okay, I got partly into the S.A.G.E. test and the feminist and sociologist inside me were screaming bloody murder. All the stuff about doing housework or working on cars. None of that stuff is our essence! And the best answers for me weren't there. With cars it's like, "yea, sitting there with a friend or with my mom or dad and working on cars on a beautiful day is a very pleasant experience." Likewise with aptitude for mathematics. There's no choice for "I hate math but I can do it because I just guesstimate everything and it all averages out in the end."

Maybe what I'm saying seems nit picky but I think the subtleties in attitudes towards those things are absolutely important if someone's going to try and read a lot into them.

Or things like number 25, about looking at pornography. I recall one of the last sociology studies I read was that since the advent of the internet, and now you don't have to risk social stigmatization by going down to the local porn store, rates of men and women looking at pornography are converging quickly.

On the extreme end, if we internalize socially generated things like, "boys like working on cars and girls want to sew" then we might find ourselves in some heteronormative nightmare world where differences aren't accepted and we're all put in some kind of gender straitjacket about what we should or should not do.

Oh... wait... we do live in that world, LOL.

--Jeannine (Likes Pink AND Blue -- but Green and Silver are her favorite colors with Purple and Brown coming in next).

Guest Little Sara
Okay, I got partly into the S.A.G.E. test and the feminist and sociologist inside me were screaming bloody murder. All the stuff about doing housework or working on cars. None of that stuff is our essence! And the best answers for me weren't there. With cars it's like, "yea, sitting there with a friend or with my mom or dad and working on cars on a beautiful day is a very pleasant experience." Likewise with aptitude for mathematics. There's no choice for "I hate math but I can do it because I just guesstimate everything and it all averages out in the end."

Maybe what I'm saying seems nit picky but I think the subtleties in attitudes towards those things are absolutely important if someone's going to try and read a lot into them.

Or things like number 25, about looking at pornography. I recall one of the last sociology studies I read was that since the advent of the internet, and now you don't have to risk social stigmatization by going down to the local porn store, rates of men and women looking at pornography are converging quickly.

On the extreme end, if we internalize socially generated things like, "boys like working on cars and girls want to sew" then we might find ourselves in some heteronormative nightmare world where differences aren't accepted and we're all put in some kind of gender straitjacket about what we should or should not do.

Oh... wait... we do live in that world, LOL.

--Jeannine (Likes Pink AND Blue -- but Green and Silver are her favorite colors with Purple and Brown coming in next).

Yeah I found many questions Oh my goodness, and I could have found how to get the "best female score" quite easily just by relying on stereotypes. Which tells nothing about someone's femaleness, but a lot about their feminity (as an average of stereotypes recognized in this culture, if anything).

I don't drive a car, I don't have a license or even want one -> kills all car questions.

I'm actually good at math. And I have aspie abilities that use it.

The above sentence numerically-changed (alphabetical order):

9 ' 13 - 1 3 20 21 1 12 12 25 - 7 15 15 4 - 1 20 - 13 1 20 8 . 1 14 4 - 9 - 8 1 22 5 - 1 19 16 9 5 - 1 2 9 12 9 20 9 5 19 - 20 8 1 20 - 21 19 5 - 9 20 .

I can do the above almost real time as you write it. I need no paper and pen or anything like that.

I don't buy tampons (why would I?). Ads for it don't do anything and I've stopped watching all TV.

I don't dream of being pregnant.

What does this test tell you about you, that people will perceive you as feminine? Well duh. But perceived as female? Not necessarily.

Guest Jeannine Bean
Yeah I found many questions Oh my goodness, and I could have found how to get the "best female score" quite easily just by relying on stereotypes. Which tells nothing about someone's femaleness, but a lot about their feminity (as an average of stereotypes recognized in this culture, if anything).

I don't drive a car, I don't have a license or even want one -> kills all car questions.

I'm actually good at math. And I have aspie abilities that use it.

The above sentence numerically-changed (alphabetical order):

9 ' 13 - 1 3 20 21 1 12 12 25 - 7 15 15 4 - 1 20 - 13 1 20 8 . 1 14 4 - 9 - 8 1 22 5 - 1 19 16 9 5 - 1 2 9 12 9 20 9 5 19 - 20 8 1 20 - 21 19 5 - 9 20 .

I can do the above almost real time as you write it. I need no paper and pen or anything like that.

I don't buy tampons (why would I?). Ads for it don't do anything and I've stopped watching all TV.

I don't dream of being pregnant.

What does this test tell you about you, that people will perceive you as feminine? Well duh. But perceived as female? Not necessarily.

I used to tell my girlfriend, who was a tarot reader, that I usually knew what was going to happen. In fact, I think most people can predict what will probably happen to them, if they're honest enough... if they really want to know the truth.

This test, doubly so.

But we're all so thirsty for confirmation of our self-perceived gender. I understand that. My goddess! I feel it all the time. I say often that I'm doing things that are more culturally femme than I would want to if a genie came along and just gave me two X chromosomes and a few important changes to my body.

Everybody has insecurites, though, right?

Here's to everybody and all their insecurites and mine too. I'm saving up for FFS. Maybe some day I'll roll the dice and take SRS too.

I hope I'm posting post FFS pictures late in 2010. Until then, I might post a test result or two as well :-) ...

Love,

--Jeannine

Guest Victoriaf
I'm curious to how Bernie and Julie can be so, hmm extreme, in the DNA test. How can you get scores of 98 and 100?

I'm VERY empathic and still only got like 60.

When I moved the sliders, I never moved them to the extreme limit, only to like 75%, 87.5%, or maybe 90%. I don't believe the extremities are possible,

It is not strange to get 98 percent of 100 on a test that is compareing you to other people who have taken the test, Some has to be the most empathic and someone has to be the most masculine and the most feminine. All getting 98 or 100 means is that your answers were more _______ than 98 percent of the people who took the test. I got a 98 for feminine and i answered the test as honestly as i could. I guess alot has to do with personal perception as well.

Hugs

Victoria

Guest Victoriaf

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: 550, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your appearance is Androgynous

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery

NOTES:

Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.

Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

• Admin

Wow, I thought some civil service tests I've taken were long. Sheesh! Anyway, here are my results:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: 400, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

ANALYSIS:

NOTES:

[none]

Sounds pretty accurate. Interesting though that it puts me in the "possible Transsexual" category rather than the CD category. I'll hang with that! Puts me in good company. :D

Carolyn

I have taken many tests and they all come back pretty much the same. Here are my S.A.G.E. results:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: 615, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your appearance is Feminine

ANALYSIS:

Male to Female Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition

NOTES:

* Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.

Took the personality test too and the results were not surprising.

Confidence 54

Openness 18

Extroversion 44

Empathy 62

Trust in others 88

Agency 34

Masculinity 26

Femininity 78

Spontaneity 24

Attention to style 74

Authoritarianism 64

Earthy/Imaginative 76

Aesthetic/Functional 38

Paula

Your Raw Score is: 375, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Feminine

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male possible Transsexual

NOTES:

Guest Ryles_D
Your Raw Score is: 365, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You believe you have serious conflicts about your gender identity.

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.

NOTES:

er... hwere the heck do you get "FTM" from "Androgynous". Either way, I'm neutrois and want to transition.

Confidence 24

Openness 8

Extroversion 4

Empathy 64

Trust in others 42

Agency 20

Masculinity 4

Femininity 56

Spontaneity 26

Attention to style 24

Authoritarianism 8

Earthy/Imaginative 60