• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Uni of NC Says It Won't Enforce Restroom Restrictions

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I first read this over on FB, where three of my friends who are graduates and two more who are current students have logged in with the Snoopy Happy Dance stickers.

Whatever good the governor there has done in office is sure being lost in flames and smoke.

To quote Marc Antony from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar "...the evil that men do in their lives long lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones".

I don't want to read that guy's eulogy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• Amy Powell
    • SamC
    • Roach
    • MaryEllen
    • Petra Jane
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Ashley0616
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kay3Seven
    Newest Member
    Kay3Seven

1. atlantis63
      atlantis63
    2. Blackberry015
      Blackberry015
    3. blackcatkittycat
      blackcatkittycat
      (32 years old)
    4. Charlize
      Charlize
      (76 years old)
    5. GamerGirlEmily
      GamerGirlEmily
      (25 years old)
    • Ladypcnj
      Nope, I'm not being paranoid, I had screen shot everything that happened to me, before it got taken down to cover up what they sent me in an email. I contacted group leaders within our community, and I explained and showed some of the evidence, next they referred to contact an attorney within the community. I had not called the lawyer back hoping things would settle down. In the meantime, just recently an  lbtqai+ community held a Zoom meeting, as I explained my story. The board is thinking about getting a guest speaker on how we can be safe online.
    • Ladypcnj
      Hi Ashley, check out the michael kors purses, they have the MK logo on it. 
    • Ivy
      True unfortunately. I do see a bit of difference between gender issues and sexuality, although they are related and frequently overlap.  Hardly a reason to fight with each other though.
    • Davie
      Bless you and the light you show this world, @Sally Stone   —Davie
    • Ivy
      I have maybe 4.  I tend to carry the same one for a long time.  2 of them are from Gypsy Rose that I got from a friend that was running a "hippie" boutique at the time.  They are just big enough to be able to slip my Mac book air in with the other stuff. I do have a plain green one, and a beat-up old leather one that I actually used sometimes as a guy when I could get away with it.  (another tell that I managed to ignore up till I couldn't) This thread is kinda making me think I might expand my collection.  A nice leather bag would be sweet.  But I am a bit particular.  Humm……
    • Davie
    • BobbiSkunk
      Greetings all!   I am looking at bringing some cycling time into my weekly exercise, but honestly, right now my back just murders me when I try to do anything more than 10 minutes.   What that being said, I do have some questions for those here, if anyone is willing to answer.  ^.^   Do you cycle as part of exercise? If so, how much? How difficult is the route you take? What are your ultimate goals?   I'll go first.   I do, but only once a week. Once a week for roughly 15 minutes. I use a very flat, low resistance route. My ultimate goals are to keep the rump and thigh thickness, while working some cardio into the routine to keep it interesting.   I'm asking for advice on what is a good starter range, as I'm not sure if I'm just causing myself discomfort without any benefit with the above routines.
    • MAN8791
      SIGHTLINES   I worship at the point of a gun On Friday nights and Sunday mornings. I pray for peace under the watchful eye of hired men With guns holstered on their hips Who laugh with us Eat with us Pray with us -      Dear God, not tonight      Not this morning      Not my friends      Please, not on my watch And I'm fully aware of the irony of the statement Because too often, our ancestors were forced to pray At the point of a gun because they said the wrong prayers In the wrong languages Loved the wrong person Identified the wrong way But today, I do so of my own free will. When I leave, I say thank you -      That it wasn't tonight      It wasn't this morning      It didn't happen while I sang      It wasn't my friends Because this week the guns stayed silent. But next week and next week and weeks afterward Could be the week that guns point in, not out And I can't will myself to believe it could never happen here because      Someone tried to bomb my Temple,       Someone set it on fire,      Someone shot up the clinic where I go for healthcare      Someone shot up the club my friends danced at So when I pray, I offer a wish to the universe That guns be melted into musical instruments and works of art. If someone wishes to shoot me, They will have to beat works of art into tools for the hand Before they can become instruments of war again.
    • MaeBe
      This is important for us all to keep really close to our hearts, especially as we go through a doubting phase or anxiety wave. I always go to the joy I have found being who I am, a person that does not conform with my birth assignment and the gender I defaulted to for many years. That places me under the trans umbrella and I need to feel comfortable and confident about that.   I am so glad you were able to deal with this person and others that confronted you with grace and poise. It seems like this person targeted your session specifically, they didn't want anything from it but to be a thorn in your side. I highly doubt she was there to expand her worldview. It is hard when your goal is to get through the content and someone wants to make the session a dialogue with them only. Challenges to our worldviews are important, they help us shape and define our beings, but that doesn't mean we have to deal with gatekeeping and hate.   I wish there was more content like your session available out there. I understand recording such content is a touchy subject, with the speakers and audience being general targets, but gosh it would be nice. I volunteered at the Time to Thrive event for HRC and got to sit in a few sessions, both as a moderator and a couple just as a participant, and it was very energizing. Thank you for being out there any speaking your truth, @Sally Stone!
    • Ivy
      There are all kinds of us. My situation at the time enabled me to begin living full time as a woman, and get onto hormones.  I realize everyone doesn't have that option - or want it. I also realize there are people who would consider me not truly transgender because I haven't had the surgery, and probably never will. Whatever…
    • Vidanjali
      Yeah. Trans folk still cannot update or renew FL drivers licenses. Florida part of the lawsuit against updated trans student Title IX protections. Florida suing Biden admin over ban on discrimination in healthcare based on gender.  Despite injunctions for individuals of some things including trans youth healthcare and using affirmed pronouns in school, bans still in place. The list goes on. Honestly I have stopped keeping up with news as much as I used to for the good of my mental health. Peace, y'all.  
    • Sally Stone
      Post 14 “I’m not Trans Enough”   I have mentioned in other posts my affiliation with the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  For several years, I facilitated a conference workshop titled “Making the Most of Part-time Womanhood.”  Each time I ran the workshop, it was standing room only, so I know for a fact, the idea resonates with many.   When I originally planned the workshop the target audience was geared towards girls like me, those who weren’t planning permanent transition.  I also expected to attract girls who may have been on the path to permanent transition but because of timing or life circumstances couldn’t.  What I didn’t expect as part of my attracted audience were hecklers and naysayers.  Thankfully, I only had to deal with a couple of those, but it only takes one to ruin everybody’s day.   Sadly, there exists a radical fringe that has permeated our community from the beginning.  The fringe mindset holds to the idea that being a trans woman means you were born a woman trapped in a man’s body, and the only recourse is to live as a woman fulltime.  Anything or anyone not fully aligned with this idea, is a threat to real trans women.  Apparently, my lifestyle choice, and my workshop were just the kind of threats that needed to be eliminated.   I was several minutes into the workshop, had just given a short overview of what I was going to cover when one person told me I should make certain everyone in attendance knew that I wasn’t speaking on behalf of trans women, that instead, I should be quite clear that I was speaking as a crossdresser.  The comment caught me off guard initially, but I rallied pretty quickly and tried to remind this person that the term transgender was an umbrella term that covered a wide spectrum.    Of course, she wanted to argue the point and went on to point out that since I was not going to live my life as a woman on a fulltime basis, I couldn’t be transgender, and then adding cruelty to her rhetoric, she reminded me and my audience that I was nothing more than a man in a dress.    I’m pretty non-confrontational most of the time, but her comments really pushed my buttons.  I could feel my defensive hackles raising and I knew I had to be careful not to stoop to her level.  So, instead of any stinging retorts, and believe me, I was thinking of many, I took the high road and as politely as I could, informed her that if she continued to disrupt the workshop, I would have her removed.  She responded by telling me she was going to report me and my workshop to the conference organizers.  I told her reporting me was her prerogative, and actually encouraged her to do it immediately as a way of getting her out of the room.   She didn’t take the bait and stayed for the entire workshop.  Thankfully, there were no further outbursts, but she used all sorts of overt body language to show her displeasure with my blasphemous views.  When the workshop ended, she cornered me and continued to berate me, insisting I was a simple crossdresser that tended to make real trans women look bad.  I wanted to just let things go, but her cruel comments had pushed me too far, so I reported her to the conference staff.  I figured if she had targeted my workshop, it was likely she would target others.  Conference officers informed her that her views were outdated, bigoted, and not in keeping with the conference’s commitment to inclusiveness.  She was reminded that by persisting in voicing those kinds of views and being disruptive, she wouldn’t be welcome at the conference.   I facilitated this particular workshop for four-years, and thankfully, this was the only serious confrontation I experienced.  However, there were others that espoused similar views, only they didn’t raise their disagreements to a confrontational level.  It bothers me immensely that some within our own community, would seek to marginalize another trans person.  Of course, I’m not naïve enough to think our community would be any different than society as a whole.  Sadly, there will always be some (only a few, thankfully) who inflate their sense of self-worth by putting down others.   It's difficult enough dealing with a general population that doesn’t understand us, but when we are attacked by our own, it tends to hurt even more, and it can cause us to question ourselves.  Ultimately, we cannot let others tell us who we are, and certainly, we cannot let them decide if we are trans enough.  Being transgender is being transgender, period.  Yes, we can be different, but we must remember there is no measurement that ranks how trans we are.   Hugs,   Sally
    • MaeBe
      I read the postulation as: “what if <insert social media company> was charged by government agencies or congress to create algorithms to identify, collect information on, and for reporting on LGBTQ+ people? So as to target them for “reasons”.”   This would be infringement of a few protections in the Constitution & Bill of Rights, but given government’s history with shady surveillance practices we wouldn’t know anything about it until it was likely in use. Probably in the realm of a suspense novel, but we know algorithms used for suggesting content already can identify people’s proclivities—even when they don’t have a clue themselves. So the tech is there, it’s just the dark room conspiracy that would be missing. 
    • MaeBe
      How insidious would it be for them to take it easy on the LGB as a strategy to try to create a fracture between the TQ+? There’s enough of the “drop the T” nonsense out there that they could leverage.   I’m happy the FLA folx are getting some reprieve though!
    • Carolyn Marie
      I note that most of the "backing off" touted in the article concerns Gay and Lesbian rights.  Nothing so far about the anti-trans laws and regulations that DeSantis and his ilk have gotten approved.  The only saving graces for our community in Florida have been in the courts.  So, as the saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it.   Carolyn Marie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.