• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

GLBT Club Shooting

Piper

• Forum Moderator

This is a true horror. Here is another article about this act of terrorism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html

This has me in a state of shock. i can only pray for my brothers and sisters who are wounded by this act. I think we all are to some extent in a state of shock! I am.

Hugs and tears,

Charlize

Guest Alicia Rose

Just seen this on the news. It's heart breaking to hear these stories and see how some people will go this far just to try and get their way.

• Forum Moderator

I think it is very important now to not turn to hate and anger ourselves at this point. The climate of hate and blame for whole groups on every side is what is radicalizing people and creating these situations. I am not justifying the shooter in any way. I am saying lets not get into the same mindset and blame and hate a group because of the act of an individual.

We need to call people out for hate. And spread that as a society rather than adding to it or returning hate with hate of our own. Where does that leave us? How does that help?

Hate is the culprit and hate has to stop. And I hope that any expressions of blaming the victims in this case will rapidly backfire against the person who says it. Apparently Dan Patrick has already removed his statements. Since he is currently under indictment for fraud I believe I'm not sure his words carry any weight with anyone. THis is a situation that could harm anyone who does try to vilify the victioms.

While we mourn the loves lost and forever changed last night.

My heart goes out to their friends and families and our community

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

The local news just posted that the bridges in Little Rock Arkansas will be rainbow lit tonight!

An amazing thing. It has always been an LGBT phobic city.

Tonight I am proud of my state instead of my usual mix of shame and trepidation. It is sad that a tragedy of this magnitude was necessary to effect this level of change but at least there will be some positive out of all the horror.

Johnny

• Admin

WE ARE ALL ORLANDO

WE ARE ALL PULSE

Carolyn Marie

Lt Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas is already out front, blaming the victims, calling it God's retribution. He is the first. He will not be the last.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/12/patrick-criticized-tweet-after-orlando-shooting/

Carolyn Marie

This tragedy underline the ridiculousness of the hate people have been teaching lately. I think the solidarity we see in the medias makes me a little bitter. People wishing us ill one week are suddenly sadden by the event. Like the climate of hate persons like the lt gov. of Texas are helping to put in place is not to blame. Of course they are not guilty, of course the Imam in Syria who never talked to the guy is guilty. How convenient.