• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New & finally out

TwistyAlice

Hi everyone, I'm Alice and I'm new to basically any forum so it'll be interesting to actually try this.

I recently came out to my family about who I am and told them that I need to be myself instead of hiding everything. I told them about feeling like my soul was trapped in a masculine prison of anger and sorrow. I thought that I've been hiding everything pretty well but as it turns out, they've known something was up for years and have supported me this entire time. The only thing they were really even waiting on was me to finally accept myself.

Thankfully I have plenty of support from them. However, I'd like to have friends who have gone through similar experiences, which is the reason I joined. I've been reading a lot over the past few days and as much as I've read, I just want to keep reading and hopefully make more friends! :)

• Forum Moderator

Hi Alice

Welcome :)

You will find lots of friendly people here more than willing to share their experiences. Please don't hesitate to join in, post and ask questions.

It is good that you have an accepting family. It always helps to have good support from people you know, as then you can relax and plan without worrying so much about what they will think or will they find out.

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to Laura's Alice. It is amazing how the coming out process is something we dread but which once done opens a new world in front of us.

Have you had the opportunity to see a gender therapist? I and many here find that very helpful. For me i found a final level of acceptance that has helped a great deal while others discover a different path.

Glad you've found us. Your not alone.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to Laura's playground forums Alice :)

I hope you find your time here useful.

Hugs

Cynthia -

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Alice. It's great to hear how much support and love you have from your family. That is an uncommon gift. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! <3

I'm actually going to see a gender therapist this Thursday.

Searching for one is what actually brought me to these forums, after that I was immediately addicted.

The world feels a little brighter to me, just another thing money cannot buy.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Alice,

Welcome to Laura's! I've found great online friends here. It's a lot easier than going through this alone. We're all here for eachother!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?

Guest KerryUK

Welcome Alice,

As you've already noticed I'm sure, they're a fab bunch here and together we all try our best to help each other along - support. Oh, talking of which - supportive close friends and family is priceless.

Guest AshleighP

Hello and welcome Alice! It must feel good to get that "secret" out in the open. And, even better to find that type of support. You are very fortunate. Enjoy your journey.

I spoke to the GT yesterday. I thought I could hold the tears back but that was a rather silly idea.

HRT is in the not so distant future at last! She asked if I knew about transitioning but I have not been able to stop watching documentaries and researching since I was a child. To me, it seemed like information that I am required to know because I will hopefully be experiencing all of its glory.

On the other hand, the word has spread around small friend circles. Nothing bad has come of it yet and it has made me feel like I'm on top of the world now. The support just keeps coming in ways and from different people that I had not imagined. I know someone will try to hate at some point but those people do not even matter, I'm finally on the road to happiness~! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • April Marie
    • AllieJ
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
    • Lorelei
    • Ashley0616
    • Charlize
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

defox
    Newest Member
    defox

1. Alin RP
      Alin RP
      (27 years old)
    2. CipherKai
      CipherKai
      (48 years old)
    3. Dawn2020
      Dawn2020
      (75 years old)
    4. Irwin
      Irwin
      (18 years old)
    5. luke_b
      luke_b
      (21 years old)
    • April Marie
      You are more brave than I. It's only 60 here right now.
    • Charlize
      I was doing my best to get past the fear and shame i felt whenever i went out in public so when i went to therapy and later to my doctor i presented as the woman i felt myself to be.  There was a policy that one had to live as their chosen gender for a year prior to starting HRT.  In some ways that seemed almost right to me as one of the hardest things we do is the entry into society as ourselves.     Of course the way you dress is up to you but be assured that your doctor is there to support not denigrate your decision.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Lorelei
      And now wearing my hiking dress/swimsuit cover dress as I prepare to kayak back to my truck. 
    • Mirrabooka
      You are right, there are no actual 'roos in Tassie, just their smaller cousins like wallabies and pademelons. Devils are really cute. If you got to see the adults in full noise, you can easily understand why they got portrayed that way in the Looney Tunes cartoons! Emus, or 'bush chooks', have a habit of sneaking up on you and stealing food. I was at an open range zoo a few years ago and was holding a bag of pellets behind me to hide it from the emus in front of me, when one snuck up behind me and stole it. I've never jumped so high in my life! I almost needed to change my undies! 😆
    • Lorelei
      wearing my bathing suit at a rocky beach. At the same lake as the one I fell into from the kayak a few weeks ago. Watson (my chihuahua) and I took a nice swim and sunbathed for a little while.
    • Charlize
      I searched for a bag that felt right and worked for me.  Eventually i found an old leather Coach bag.  I've carried it for over 10 years now.  Occasionally i use Lexol  to revitalize the leather as i did on the tac for horses years ago.  The leather has become soft and the clever fittings on the bag have preventing too much wear.  It's pretty big so perhaps i carry too much.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • April Marie
      Thank you, friend. It means much.
    • Mirrabooka
      Home crumbed chicken schnitzel, with scalloped potatoes, peas & corn.   We try to plan our dinner meals ahead for the week, so getting in early - tomorrow night will be lamb chump chops baked in the oven with a honey/soy marinade. In the same dish will be potato and pumpkin segments. The other veges will be string beans and cauliflower.
    • Mirrabooka
      Yep.   I sometimes get busy on another forum which has a wide array of general interest subforums. Everything from politics to tech to money to sport. There have been plenty of times where I have quoted people and given examples which demonstrate why their posts were either bollocks or at least tangential to the thread title, only to have my reply hidden because it was deemed to be off-topic...yet their off-topic post that I quoted remained intact!    Freedom of speech per se should be upheld, BUT...is it just me, or does it sometimes seem like the biggest proponents of it prioritize their 'rights' over their responsibilities? Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else feel like there is a cohort of people out there (not here!) who defend their hate speech under the guise of free speech? Whether it be on an internet forum or in real life, there must be rules and regulations.   Our moderators here do a truly fantastic job, and this forum really is a rare treasure. What helps is that above everything that does get discussed including the differing opinions at times on non-core issues, we are all on the same side!
    • Vidanjali
      God bless you, dear. Be well.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    It’s a dog life thing, with a puppy influence. We slept until 06:00 at which time Parker made his first soft bark from inside his crate. I got up and got ready to go outside so he could take care of business and potty. Then we played with his favorite toy 🧸 and tug of war and fetch. Coffee has finished brewing and my first cup is flavorful Folgers Black Silk.    I hope you have a wonderful day and can be who you were meant to be.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • April Marie
      Dysphoria meltdown yesterday. Felling better today.
    • Heather Shay
      In the U.S. Monday is Memorial Day. Do you celebrate and/or honor those who served?
    • Heather Shay
      Currently in a state of peace.
    • Heather Shay
      Self-compassion is simply the process of turning compassion inward. We're kind and understanding rather than harshly self-critical when we fail, make mistakes, or feel inadequate. We give ourselves support and encouragement rather than being cold or judgmental when challenges and difficulties arise in our lives.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.