• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Any MTF Girls still into their Boy life Hobbies

Guest Kelly Girl

Guest Kelly Girl

I thought being on HRT , or even coming out genuine me , I might lose interest in the Hobbies I picked up in life living in this boy body most of my life . That is not the case , for me . I may have picked up some Girly Hobbies now , but my passions for my old hobbies have stayed .

With that said , I want to know if any Trans Girls are into what I'm into ?

I really enjoy Target Shooting , Collecting and shooting Black Powder Revolvers , Civil War stuff , and Antique Guns too , collecting and shooting them also , and also precision Air Guns. I still love to fish too . I still ride my Harley Davidson and Norton Commando , but I did pick up Sewing and buying nice girl clothes and accessories.

So , anyone shoot ?

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarcieMarie12

• Charlize

• Cyndee

• Jennifer T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Root Admin

Yes, I shoot. Shooting is not just a boy hobby. There are many women that go to the range that I belong to. Most of them are crack shots too. :)

MaryEllen

Guest KerryUK

Yes, I said in another post very recently here - I'm a bit of a tomboy and remain interested in lots of my bloke interests. No different to many cis women.

Coming out as Transgender does not change who we are, what we like and what we dislike. So it makes sense that the hobbies we enjoy pre transition we will still enjoy post transition. We may find that we pick up some new hobbies that we also enjoy because we, for one reason or another, was unable, or unwilling to try out before. I don't have the same interests as you, but gender equality pushes has done wonders for getting more men and women into jobs/sports/hobbies that were previously heavily dominated by the other gender. There is still room for improvement, but I believe we'll get there in time.

• Forum Moderator

Just like they say in the song "Same as it ever was" :)

Guest Kelly Girl

Yes, I shoot. Shooting is not just a boy hobby. There are many women that go to the the range that I belong to. Most of them are crack shots too. :)

MaryEllen

That's great MaryEllen , but I never said it was for boys , just said is anyone into THEIR BOY LIFE hobbies . :-) I said it that way so I wouldn't be corrected .

What shooting are you into ?

Guest Kelly Girl

Coming out as Transgender does not change who we are, what we like and what we dislike. So it makes sense that the hobbies we enjoy pre transition we will still enjoy post transition. We may find that we pick up some new hobbies that we also enjoy because we, for one reason or another, was unable, or unwilling to try out before. I don't have the same interests as you, but gender equality pushes has done wonders for getting more men and women into jobs/sports/hobbies that were previously heavily dominated by the other gender. There is still room for improvement, but I believe we'll get there in time.

Hi Autumn :-)

I think its safe to say , NONE of us knew that we would retain our desire to continue our interests/hobbies because of the morphing mentally on HRT , and also the the lifestyle change when presenting because some can't pull it off well which is just great too but if your riding with the HA , doing your old Hobby will get ya killed , so it can change what you do from your boy life . I was curios what others experience were , and if your into shooting Are you ?

I suppose I don't really qualify for this conversation. I still live as a male.

But I can answer this way - my interests from when I was young have remained constant through my life even though I had to learn to be male. And the irony for me is that my 'male' competitive venues offer "Jennifer" the most breathing room. Because I have excelled in my sports most guys don't question too much when they see me wearing feminine sports attire.

Today, I will be doing some serious downhill mountain biking. So, whether I'm wearing a pink frilly kit or the baggy shorts and shirt, I love the thrill and skill of the ride, the rush of adrenaline and the effort of physical exertion. I don't think I could ever lose that.

Like others here, I still do and enjoy what I've always enjoyed. I've been able to add some hobbies that even though I was interested in, it wouldn't have been viewed as "manly" or "what boys do."

Society...people tend to assign gender/sex to activities. Boys play with trucks, shoot guns, fish, hunt, & play "rough and tumble" sports, do woodworking etc. Girls play with dolls, dress-up, have tea parties, like to bake & cook, and play badminton & croquet. But we all know that girls like trucks and shooting guns and fishing. And boys like to cook & play badminton, croquet and dress-up etc. As society changes, I'm sure we've all seen the barriers break down regarding what people participate in despite sex. (Just observational on my part but I think more so for women than men.)

I was buried in hobbies to escape from myself. I have let most fall to the wayside. I haven't lost any of my boy skills or most of my tools. I'm just not interested in building hot rods, motorcycles or gunsmithing any more. Money pits anyway.

I also dislike doing what I like and be seen as a guy. That sux! Why can't they see that the best man for the job is a woman! Giggle

Guest Kelly Girl

I was buried in hobbies to escape from myself. I have let most fall to the wayside. I haven't lost any of my boy skills or most of my tools. I'm just not interested in building hot rods, motorcycles or gunsmithing any more. Money pits anyway.

I also dislike doing what I like and be seen as a guy. That sux! Why can't they see that the best man for the job is a woman! Giggle

Thanks for sharing that , I just knew someone would chime in probably on that side of this fence :-)

That was concise , to the point , and you didn't get confused or feel a need to correct me either , awesome !

Guest Kaylee

Nothing has changed for me in that regard except it is considerably more difficult to work on the car with long fingernails ha ha.

I still do archery, off roading in my rover, build things of wood and metal, ride motorcycles. I also do crafts, make jewelry and sew, but that's been going on for 30 years.

Do what makes you happy :)

Hugs

Kaylee

Guest Kelly Girl

Thanks Jodi Anne for sharing the other side of the coin on my topic :-)

And for those of us that do enjoy guns , thought I would share some eye candy of one of ours I am quite proud of . I did my Gunsmithing School in Lassen but have been at it my whole life , proffesionally also.

This Rifle is our 1891 Ludwig Loewe Berlin Mauser , in 7mm Belgian , BIG GIRL TOY :-)

Claro Walnut and Fiddle Back Maple , set in Nickel Plate . All my work :-)

post-27860-0-64148100-1467126816_thumb.j

Guest Kelly Girl

Nothing has changed for me in that regard except it is considerably more difficult to work on the car with long fingernails ha ha.

I still do archery, off roading in my rover, build things of wood and metal, ride motorcycles. I also do crafts, make jewelry and sew, but that's been going on for 30 years.

Do what makes you happy :)

Hugs

Kaylee

LoL , I soooooooooo get that fingernail thing ! :-)

I tried to play my Stratocaster with new Gel Nails , NO DICE :-)

Guest Clair Dufour

Or you can do the girl version. You can now join a local chapter of Dykes on Bikes or you can enter girls bull riding at the gay rodeo to name a few. As I like to say, nothing holds up a skirt like a pistol belt!

• Admin

Considering recent purchases of amateur radio equipment and stage audio gear, naw nothing left from my Boy Hobby days except for three major size rolling tool boxes and my table saw, band saw, drill press and assorted smaller items each in their own hand made specially made tool cases. Nothing left at all.

Guest Kelly Girl

Or you can do the girl version. You can now join a local chapter of Dykes on Bikes or you can enter girls bull riding at the gay rodeo to name a few. As I like to say, nothing holds up a skirt like a pistol belt!

Nuttin but big smiles here :-)

Guest Kelly Girl

Considering recent purchases of amateur radio equipment and stage audio gear, naw nothing left from my Boy Hobby days except for three major size rolling tool boxes and my table saw, band saw, drill press and assorted smaller items each in their own hand made specially made tool cases. Nothing left at all.

Teeeee heeeee heeeee !

LMAO ! ;-)

I have lots of experience with firearms from my years in the infantry, and also years as an armed special police officer for the Department of Energy. My skills remain, but I was never all that much of an enthusiast.

I still teach martial arts occasionally upon request, and yeah I still enjoy showing off my skills. :)

I still love sports cars as much as ever. I used to compete in the Sports Car Club of America, and I love my driving skills. I don't feel a need to compete anymore, but if I did it would be in Solo II E Street class or perhaps in the Ladies class since I am eligible now. Instead of competing, I just want to customize my MR2 Spyder a bit. I don't have much budget, so I am going to risk breaking a nail by working on it with my boyfriend Alex. :)

I look, act, and sound very feminine, but my interests really have not changed much.

hugs,

Stephanie

Guest Sarah Faith

HRT and transitioning doesn't make you into a whole new person, a lot of the stuff you were into before you'll still be into. I'm still a gamer, still like the same music I did before, still like the macabre. There was a short time when I first transitioned where I kinda stopped with the gaming, the sarcasm, and even tried to change my overall style. That didn't last long.. the point of transitioning isn't to match some stereotypical blueprint of womanhood it's to be your self.

Guest Kelly Girl

I have lots of experience with firearms from my years in the infantry, and also years as an armed special police officer for the Department of Energy. My skills remain, but I was never all that much of an enthusiast.

I still teach martial arts occasionally upon request, and yeah I still enjoy showing off my skills. :)

I still love sports cars as much as ever. I used to compete in the Sports Car Club of America, and I love my driving skills. I don't feel a need to compete anymore, but if I did it would be in Solo II E Street class or perhaps in the Ladies class since I am eligible now. Instead of competing, I just want to customize my MR2 Spyder a bit. I don't have much budget, so I am going to risk breaking a nail by working on it with my boyfriend Alex. :)

I look, act, and sound very feminine, but my interests really have not changed much.

hugs,

Stephanie

Awesome Stephanie ! I get it , bombshell beauty with Natural Born Killer assets :-)

You Rock !

Guest LesleyAnne

Like the girls above...I still like to play with my welder, and plasma cutter, router table, sold my table saw since I don't relish cabinet making anymore, but still make a little sawdust from time to time. So those hobbies haven't changed much.

I did notice however that being on HRT for two years, I no longer have the upper body strength for lifting steel, and 4X8 sheets of plywood like I used to LOL.

But now that I not longer hide the real me, I've let myself enjoy things I would never have done before! Like dabbling in making jewelry (bought a kiln for firing metal clays) like rings, bracelet/necklace medallions, and other jewelry. And now I can't resist buying pretty rings, bracelets, necklaces, belts, and collecting shoes for every occasion.

The worst is that I have become a clothes junky!!!!! Blouses, skirts, belts, etc. I am ruined for good lol. Is that a hobby? Well it is for me, since it occupies almost every waking moment!

I see a cute blouse, and skirt, and I'll hock my soul for it. Bad, bad, bad girl !!!! :banghead:

• Forum Moderator

Yes, I do enjoy target shooting, only I shoot with my compound bow. Yes, I'm an archer!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?