• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feeling Sick

Guest sara w.

Guest sara w.

Before you were transitioning and you knew you were transgendered, did you ever get sick? The reason im asking is beacause, recently I been feeling really sick, and I can't think of anythin that has been making me sick, and i've been taking lost of medicine, still sick, and it started when my TG dreams became more and more frequent, and I think my girl side may be rejecting my male side, if that makes any sense, and the reason im thinking this is beacause I've done everything I could to try and get rid of this and nothing has worked, and im not coughing and I dont have a fever im just throwing up alot, do you think its at all possible im right?

Most likely it is just due to the stress.

Stress can have a lot of different effects on people, but it can cause an increase in stomach acid levels and then you feel sick.

You might want to see a doctor because it could be pre ulcerous - and you don't want to wait until you already have one like I did.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Little Sara

Depression/stress can cause health issues. Being mentally healthy is the first step to being physically healthy (though it doesn't guarantee it).

If I'm relatively happy, I can't get any disease at all.

Guest KIMGIRL
Before you were transitioning and you knew you were transgendered, did you ever get sick? The reason im asking is beacause, recently I been feeling really sick, and I can't think of anythin that has been making me sick, and i've been taking lost of medicine, still sick, and it started when my TG dreams became more and more frequent, and I think my girl side may be rejecting my male side, if that makes any sense, and the reason im thinking this is beacause I've done everything I could to try and get rid of this and nothing has worked, and im not coughing and I dont have a fever im just throwing up alot, do you think its at all possible im right?

hi Sara hope you get well

Sometimes the medicine can make you sicker .

Try to sweat it out under the covers and drink water lots of water .

See the doctor .

Get well and talk to me soon as you do or before that if I can help , have your parents take you to the doctor ok .

bye

Guest Elizabeth K

We aren't doctors so you will need to get to see one if you don't feel better very, very soon.

Nervousness can cause some of the things you mentioned.

But NO - your girl side, your boy side? You have only one side - that's the 'you' and that's who you are. Your body doesn't usually fight itself, especially over gender, unless you are taking hormones without supervision (DONT DO THAT).

So go to a quiet place and see if you can listen to your heart and get at peace. That might help.

Hope you feel better.

Lizzy

definitly something that sould be addressed by a doctor. but i must say i completly sympithise. i sometimes can feel my male-tainted mind, and my true mind killing each other, it has almost put me in an institution from the sheer stress to my system. i guess it atypical, but i really dont know what its cause is, or what to do about it. i wasnt able to go to school for way to many days to recover my grades well. all i can say is that i hope you get to feeling better, because i know what that kind of stuff can do to a person. dont give up, you have our support and what lizzy said is right, there is only one us. all you can do is try to fuse it all together, embrace you light and darkness, because all of it is ourselves. ever since i discovered this, i've been tons better.

Stress causes alot of different ailments in the human body, best thig to do is see your doctor and explain your curcumstances.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Yeah, I was sick a lot. Right before I started seeing a gender therapist and decided to transition, I had all kinds of random problems. I'd get headaches, stomach aches, random pains...all kinds of stuff. It must have been stress because it's stopped now. I still get headaches now and then, but that's likely because I'm on the computer all the time.

Guest My_Genesis

I've been taking this anti depressant for several years now that, since going away for college, ive been skipping more and more often. so when i take it again it can make me sick..happened tuesday i ended up switching to something with a longer half life that i dont have to take as often. although im still convinced i have no reason to be on anti-depressants other than sex drive control :rolleyes:

that is related to trans stuff though because i also take it more for anxiety than depression...and a lot of my anxiety is rooted in all this stuff. on top of that, anxiety + high sex drive = sick to my stomach at times. like if im anxious to begin with, and im talking to (or even just near) someone i like, it can get to the point where i feel like vomiting (or running away from them lol). This was more of a problem, again, when i would skip meds, it was kinda a withdrawal thing, anxiety tied in with higher sex drive. of course, it still happens occasionally but i guess im learning to deal with it better, plus i stopped taking those meds anyways, which just exacerbated the whole situation. :rolleyes:

but yeah i know exactly what you mean....sometimes i just start worrying about things so much, about my life in general, my future, how everything is going to turn out.. (too bad that little green emoticon is only for post icons haha)

also happened to me a lot in my freshmen year of high school when i would speak to my math teacher. sometimes even thinking about talking to her, i would just start feeling sick and dizzy. :blush: lol.

• Root Admin

MyGen, what does your doctor say about this? Surely he or she should be able to give you the right drug and dosage that works, after all, that's their job surely?

Guest Jeannine Bean

I often get this aching burning feeling in my stomach and stinging across my arms. I can sometimes feel like I could retch. I sometimes will start these painful yelping screams and groans along with burps that can turn into dry heaves, even out in public.

All because I feel so heartbroken so often about my genitals. I've had these same symptoms for years, especially when the dysphoria gets really bad (it seems to be somewhat cyclical).

I think this level of pain is probably common in TS people. If you're feeling that stressed out, then I think you should speak with close friends, and do things that are self nurturing.

But no, you're definitely not alone.

--Jeannine

Guest joe0117

Hi Sara,

I hope that you are feeling better soon. I agree with everyone else that you should see a doctor. It is better to get treatment right away if there is something medically wrong. It could be stress. I have a lot of physical symptoms from stress. I get headches, stomache aches, nausea, muscle pain, dizziness, fatigue, and over all yucky feeling. The shaking could be some anxiety over being nervous not feeling well for so long or a symptom. The best thing to do is be seen by a doctor and make sure you are ok. Do you have a therapist? Maybe talking to one would help resolve some of your stress. I take stress tabs perscribed by my doctor. They are a vitamin with extra B vitamins to help support energy metabolism and nervous system health to help you cope with stress. Please don't wait too long to get seen. Again, I hope you feel better soon. :)

Joe

Guest My_Genesis
MyGen, what does your doctor say about this? Surely he or she should be able to give you the right drug and dosage that works, after all, that's their job surely?

my psych. knows nothing about my trans issue and id rather keep it that way...i have the health center on campus for all this stuff.

he did switch my med though to a one that's a weekly dose (i think i mentioned this?) which i still havent started yet...