• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Should I Do?

Guest brookerenee

Guest brookerenee

Hey guys and gals I'm new here to the forums. My name is Brooke ( birthname Liam ), and I've wanted to be a girl since 16. Because of no financial support from parents, etc-I've decided to take small steps and start dressing! FUN! Problem is, I really dont have the resources to get clothes. I can't drive because of vision ( I'm 18 with no learners, NOTHING ), and VERY few girlfriends ( not romance, i mean friends who are girls ) that know about it. I plan to shop with them soon, but aside from that I'm lost on how to get anything for myself. I ordered lipstick, nail polish and a little bag online-Parents wondered what for ( although they all know about me-I'm going to therapy ). and as of right now, I'm going insane wanting to break free of this "manly" male self and start dressing.

How should I go about starting all of this?

and my apologies for not posting in introduction thread, I forgot about that LOL I'll do that now!

Huggies,

~Brooke

Well, We got you over in the intro section.

I sugest that you start out very small, it will be tricky with relying on your parents and friends for transportation, but one of my very best friends got several of us here to do this and it is great.

Buy an ankle braclet - you can wear it under your socks when in male mode and when no one else is around, take your socks off and there it is!

It works as a reminder and then you can get some underwear - panties are easy to hide under your regular clorthing.

Neither one of those will work if you have to go to a gym class!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Brooke!

Welcome my dear! I actually think it is a good thing that your parents know (at least) who you really are. I'm not sure how supportive they are (it is not clear to me). Maybe with continued therapy, they will come around and provide more support. In the meantime you may want to consider purchasing the clothes you want online. I don't know if this is possible for you, but it is certainly conveniant. I buy approximately 90% of all of my clothes online. Now dear Brooke, I know that it is hard, but you have to be patient with yourself (and others). Step, by step you will get to where you want to be. I have a little saying that I say to myself when I get frustrated... inch by inch your life's a sinch, yard by yard your life is hard...

That is my little gift for you.

Love

bernii

• Admin

Hi, Brooke, and welcome. I'm pretty new here too. I agree with Bernie, you can get almost anything you need on the internet, from shoes to wigs to undies. You have to be careful to measure yourself and order the right size to avoid returning lots of stuff. I've found that women's shoe sizes run about 2 1/2 sizes bigger than a man's shoe, and my D-width translates to about an E or EE. It sounds like you've got some great girlfriends too, so that's a big advantage. They can help with makeup and style, something I'll have to figure out on my own. Good luck!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Ashlee

Hello Brooke,

There is one thing you said that is key to your getting those clothes, your GIRL friends.

Get out and go shopping with them, they will be able to just know what will look good and be supportive in having you be able to try things on in the store. Much easier to do after the first time, but then you can get the right size the first time - I hate taking things back.

As for sizes, it seems to be getting worse to find "your" size in anything. Two days ago I went shopping for dresses. I walked into the dressing room at one store with 3 dresses of different sizes, (12, 14, 16) and 3 different manufacturers. Guess what? They all fit...

As for shoes, I usually wear a size 9.5 in mens, and a 10 wide is very comfortable for me in womens.

Relax, go out with the girls and have fun!

Ashlee

Guest brookerenee

Great advice you guys, only problem is the online packages come to my house ( still living with parents )-so that'll be hard. Lol they always make me open my stuff-Like i got a bag and makeup and they were all ??? kinda but its whatever.