• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Packing

Guest StrandedOutThere

Guest Martin

I'm having the first operation exactly two weeks from now - on May 12th. I'll get a hysterectomy, an oophorectomy, a vaginectomy, and a metoidioplasty with urethral lengthening on that day. There will be three surgeons - Dr. Webb (a gynecologist) for the hysto, oopho, and vaginectomy, Dr. Meltzer (plastic/reconstructive surgeon) for the metoidioplasty, and an urologist (whose name I've forgotten) for help with the urethral lengthening. On August 12th, I'm having a scrotoplasty with testicular expanders with Dr. Meltzer. On December 17th, he will place the permanent testicular prosthesis. I'm also having a mons resection on one of those surgeries, but I'm not sure which one. It, too, will be performed by Dr. Meltzer. All the billing for all the surgeries goes through Dr. Meltzer.

Guest StrandedOutThere
I'm having the first operation exactly two weeks from now - on May 12th. I'll get a hysterectomy, an oophorectomy, a vaginectomy, and a metoidioplasty with urethral lengthening on that day. There will be three surgeons - Dr. Webb (a gynecologist) for the hysto, oopho, and vaginectomy, Dr. Meltzer (plastic/reconstructive surgeon) for the metoidioplasty, and an urologist (whose name I've forgotten) for help with the urethral lengthening. On August 12th, I'm having a scrotoplasty with testicular expanders with Dr. Meltzer. On December 17th, he will place the permanent testicular prosthesis. I'm also having a mons resection on one of those surgeries, but I'm not sure which one. It, too, will be performed by Dr. Meltzer. All the billing for all the surgeries goes through Dr. Meltzer.

Dude, that's a lot of surgery! At least you'll be getting it all out of the way at once. Congratulations!

Two weeks. That's close!

I actually don't see any nessecity with packing. I mean, it'd bother me to have something just chillin' there all day. An STP, that's a different story. I'ma get one, and i'll proabably wear it until the cows come home.

Guest Benzrathe

Best wishes, Martin. Here's hopin' you end up with the best testicles on the block man! =] Hey, how much is all that costin' ya out of pocket, if I may ask? o.0

Benz

Guest Benzrathe

Sorry about the double post, but I forgot to add my response to the topic.

I have packers, but I don't wear'em except for actual "play". For me, they make me feel like I'm playing being male, and I'm male regardless of biology. Will I opt for surgeries, Abso-FRIKKEN-lutely! But that alters my body, not just my image. I just don't need a substitute to feel more like who/what I am. I am more than my package... =]

Benz