• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New and Scared

unsung-sovereign

Hello everyone,

This community seems almost too good to be true. My name is Ksenia. It's not my birth name, but I want to cut ties with my former self. He and I are very different people and I want this to be a fresh start for little ol' me. I want to transition MtF, but I'm still working up the courage to come out to friends. I would say family as well, but I've alienated them already. I didn't have to find myself to know that they aren't good for me. I'm afraid that once I come out, I'll lose a lot. Be prepared for the worst, they say. I know that I'll be happier once I do, however, and once I allow myself to explore this new life I wish to start, it will all be worth it.

Much love to everyone here and all that they do for each other. It is truly wonderful to read all the support that is expressed and practiced here.

Sincerely,

Ksenia

• Admin

Welcome to Laura's Playground!  I enjoyed talking with you in chat a bit ago, and I'm glad to see you here as well.  I hope that as you take your next steps, whatever they may be, you'll keep us up to date so we can celebrate with you and cheer you on (or up) as needed.

Your friends may well surprise you.  I know when I came out, I lost some very close friends who I had been sure would support me.  But I gained a new close friendship for almost every one I lost, those being people I was certain would walk away but who turned out to be amazingly supportive.

I look forward to seeing you around!

• Root Admin

Hello Ksenia,

Welcome to Laura's Playground forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We're here to help. :)

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Ksenia.  I had decided that i would accept whatever came just like you.  Amazingly while it was quite rough to start today my life is better than ever and i'm on the right side of the gender spectrum for a change.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest AshleighP

Hello and welcome. You are among friends here. The site may seem too good to be true, but it is real and the advice, support, and guidance you will find here is invaluable.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Ksenia,

I know the feeling you have of this being too good to be true. When I first found this site, I remember having to stop reading to do something at work and saying, "Please don't douse this ray of hope."  This site seemed too good to be true, and I was afraid I would find something that deminished it. I haven't found a deminishing element yet! I was given some advice early on, and that was to take it slow and really learn myself. That advice has been some of the best advice I've received. As far as coming out is concerned, I can't promise you that all your friends will accept you as you with open arms. The person I thought of as my best friend, almost a brother, does not accept me as me at all. We have parted ways. But I have survived it, and I have found so many wonderful friends here and in this community. I hope things go better than you could ever dream with your friends, but we're always here to cheer when things do go well, and to give a big hug when they don't. Welcome to Laura's! We never have to be alone again!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?

Welcome to Laura's! 

Coming out is not easy, there is a good chance it will change relationships. Some for the better, some for worse. But in the end I found that most of my anxiety went away, and that the realization that others reactions were their own choices and was not my fault. 

Hugs,

Marcie

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome and advice! I will try my best to stay in contact and contribute to the forums. I have a good feeling about the future, through all the hardships that are sure to come, I know that I will be happy one way or another. 

Best wishes,

Ksenia

Hi Ksenia and welcome!  Based on my experience here I'd say like others above that you've come to a good place to discuss, ask, & learn.  

As for friends, thery're always a little bit of a wild card when you come out and move forward.  Like you said, prepare for the worst.  But, definitely give them a chance.  Sometimes with a little effort on both sides things can work out.  And for those that totally bail...well you just have to let them bail.  Maybe someday they'll come around but if not, it seems best to move on cause new friends always await.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Ivy
    • Yellowhammer
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

defox
    Newest Member
    defox

1. AP94
      AP94
      (30 years old)
    2. Clare27
      Clare27
      (50 years old)
    3. Shawnster
      Shawnster
      (54 years old)
    • VickySGV
      A decided exception to the concept of Free Speech, this one shows the consequences of taking the concept off the rails.  
    • Davie
      Idaho drag performer awarded $1.1m in defamation case against far-right blogger. A blogger, Summer Bushnell, falsely claimed Eric Posey exposed himself to a crowd, including children. The Kootenai county district court jury unanimously found that Summer Bushnell defamed Eric Posey, a resident of Post Falls, Idaho, when she posted a doctored video of his performance that included a blurred spot that she claimed covered his “fully exposed genitals”, the Coeur D’Alene Press reported. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/26/idaho-drag-performer-defamation-case-far-right-blogger
    • Davie
      I met them on the street one day when they lived in my city. Said hi. They seemed nice. P.S. I think Fin's pronoun is "they."
    • Amy Powell
      Nice to meet you!
    • Ivy
    • Amy Powell
      April, Thank you for the shout out. It is difficult. Sometimes I wish I was just like everyone else (whatever that is). I haven't figured out how to present it to the kids (not sure I'm ready, or want to). I'd imagine  everyone on this forum has felt this at one time or another.  
    • Amy Powell
      Thanks, I may start a separate thread for the hobbies etc.  My wife and I have also been creating a recipe book we are both quite proud of.  
    • Amy Powell
      Thank You, I tried to balance the rooms decor with equal feminine, artsy, and a bit of 90's grunge/alternative influence.  Unfortunately, the camera I used didn't show the drawings well. I may decide to make a separate thread for the drawings/arts/crafts.   Hugs
    • Vidanjali
      @Amy Powell your aesthetic reminds me of Anna Sui. Kinda art deco meets romantic meets Bohemian meets rock n roll.   Fashion images: https://www.google.com/search?q=anna+sui+fashion&client=ms-android-google&sca_esv=87940c84487c33f0&sca_upv=1&udm=2&biw=412&bih=790&sxsrf=ADLYWIIV5j67lhM8fvT9dj5QsjqC4t8JAw%3A1716744540336&ei=XHFTZs-SFKiQwbkPyvS6kAQ&oq=anna+sui+fash&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIg1hbm5hIHN1aSBmYXNoKgIIADIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIHEAAYgAQYGDIHEAAYgAQYGEjWKlDuCliMJHACeACQAQGYAaUBoAHhD6oBBDEyLje4AQHIAQD4AQGYAgigAqkGwgIEECMYJ5gDAIgGAZIHAzQuNKAHsVA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, @Amy Powell!  You've got an impressive bunch of skills and hobbies, and I'm impressed.  Please do have a look around the forums and post wherever you like.  You could even start a thread on one of your hobbies or interests if you like.  I imagine you keep yourself pretty busy with all of that.   We do have many gender fluid folks here that you'll find common cause with.  I look forward to hearing much more from you.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Last year I needed a new handbag.  My requirements include having many interior and exterior pockets, zippers, heavy duty hardware, and it needs to be cross-body.  Amazingly, I found exactly the right one at Macy's, and it was Guess at 50% off! I was astounded.    Carolyn Marie
    • RaineOnYourParade
      When one signs up to and posts onto an online space, it's usually to the agreement of a set of terms and conditions. Basically, you're already signing yourself off to these rules, so you can't get upset if you did legitimately break the space's rules and got your post deleted/hidden/etc. Whether people abuse their power in being admins in some spaces and stretch the rules to seem like something is disobeying them in some way when, in reality, they just disagree with the post... well, that's another story. Freedom of Speech is only to say that the government can't restrict what you say, not ye average citizen, so online platforms completely have the right to remove or censor posts in that regard. The morality of that is pretty often under question, but it technically doesn't interfere with Freedom of Speech since online spaces are run by the public and not the government. Moderation of posts is essentially the same as if you put a whiteboard outside your house and said people could write messages on, you saw a message you found offensive that someone wrote, and then you erased it.
    • Sally Stone
      Personally, I think the moderators here strike the perfect balance, and I'd like to thank you all for your efforts.  
    • Sally Stone
      Don't forget TJ Maxx for purses.  I have purchased several from there.  They offer a great variety with good prices.  You can even find high-end bags at affordable prices.   @Ladypcnj purses are one of my weaknesses as well.
    • Mmindy
      You look wonderful.   🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.