• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Name

Guest Raging Shadow

Which one?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which name is better?

• Kayden
    • Colton
    • Other (plese state in comment)

Guest Raging Shadow

well, i've been thinking about my chose name. at first i introed my self here as Colton but I'm having second thoughts. the more I think about it, the more I like Kayden. It's closer to my real name to, Kaylynn. I think my mom would like it better since there's only like a 3 letter difference. I dunno. Opinions?

Guest StrandedOutThere

It's really hard to advise people on picking a name. I think a lot of people feel better keeping something close to their birth name. Others want to leave that as far behind as possible. I guess you should just pick a name that is special to you. When you think about it, this is a cool opportunity. Most people don't get to name themselves!

Guest Benzrathe
It's really hard to advise people on picking a name. I think a lot of people feel better keeping something close to their birth name. Others want to leave that as far behind as possible. I guess you should just pick a name that is special to you. When you think about it, this is a cool opportunity. Most people don't get to name themselves!

Agreed, Ains. This is such a uniquely personal thing. Which (if either) best feels more like you? I'm happy to vote for the name I like the best in general, but whether its best for you, only you can decide, man. =]

Guest MrAwesome

Well, I'm still not 100% possitive about how much I like Lewis. I would feel completely at home with "Lucifer" but I think people might not like that ;( . Well, anyway, the name I chose is "Lewis Raymond Smith" My birth name is Rachel. I shortened it to "Ray" so that I could get others to call me that, have a nick name, without much opposition. However I want something that deviates from Rachel as well, something I call my own, and not have it linked to that yucky name. So my middle name is Raymond, to keep that slice of Ray, and Lewis my 1st name because I like it, and it's different.

Maybe you can play with being both "Kayden" and "Colton" ? :)

Guest Pól_Eire

Try both names on in your head for awhile and see which feels more right. That's what I did anyway (with way more than 2 names though).

Another thing you could do is talk to your mom about it. From what you've said in other posts, it sounds like you have a pretty decent relationship with her. She named you the first time, and she might appreciate having the chance to give you some input, even if you don't end up going with what she would pick. use your judgment on this though, 'cause I don't know your mom and you do.

-Pól

I think they're both good names. Try them both out for a while and see what you prefer. I tried out the name Ryan for a while, which I liked but just wasn't right for me. I ended up wanting a name closer to my birth name. Just take your time; you'll figure it out.

I'm thinking about the name Kayden for my middle name, btw. :)

Guest van-na

Hi Raging Shadow,

Choosing a name is a very personal thing.

You should choose the one that you like best.

Kayden Is a unique name in that it can be for a Boy or a Girl.

For a boy Kayden is a variation of Caden.

ORIGIN English/ Christian

MEANING Spirited

One of the contemporary names with an "en" ending. Debuted on the popularity chart in 1992, quickly climbing among the top 100. It is the name of actor Kevin Costner's son.

VARIATIONS Cadence

ALTERNATIVES Kadin Kadyn Kayden Cayden Kaiden Caiden Kaden Kaeden Cadan Caeden

NICKNAMES Cade

For A Girl Kayden

ORIGIN English/Christian

MEANING Spirited

This is the only form of the top 100 boy's name that made it onto the chart as a girl's given name. A great choice for parent's who like the trendy "y" in the middle, or a large selection of spelling options.

VARIATIONS Caden Paden Jaden

ALTERNATIVES Cayden Caeden Caiden Kaiden Kaden Kadyn Kaeden Kadin Caden

NICKNAMES Kade

Colton Is a Boy's name

ORIGIN Old English

MEANING Coal town

A surname and place name derived from "Cola" which mean "charcoal." Used as a given name in the United States since 1982.

ALTERNATIVES Colten Collton Coleton Kolton

NICKNAMES Colt

FAMOUS Coltons Graham Colton (lead singer) Colton James (actor)

I hope this helps you to make the decision that is right for you.

with love from , vanna