• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Getting clothing is difficult still...

Guest Midna

I've been living completely as a girl since 2011 but I pretty much just continue wearing the same few things all the time

Going to physical shops is still too difficult for me because of anxiety (I have an autism spectrum condition and I'm trying to get help and improve in general but still too hard at the moment), but even online stores are very overwhelming to me, there's so much stuff and I don't know what I should get and there's also issues of sizing....

I've never worn a skirt ever and I'd really like to but I don't know what to get and where, it's so overwhelming and anxiety inducing D:

Does anyone have advise for this? D:

• Forum Moderator

Hi Midna,

Online catalogues usually have sizing charts that can be very helpful. You may need to buy a sewing measuring tape (not sure exactly what they're called) that you can wrap around yourself to get your measurements. And when your item arives in the mail, it also comes with a return postage label so you can return it if it doesn't fit or work out as hoped. I shop for my cloths online, and it's always exciting knowing you've got a package coming! Pick out something that you think will look good, and order it. When it arives, try it on and see how it fits and looks. If it doesn't fit or look right, use the return postage label and send it back. The stores know this happens a lot. That's why they send the label, they want to keep your business. Good luck and have fun!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?