• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Colors Of The Wind

Guest MrAwesome

Guest MrAwesome

I'm a Disney fan, and I was looking at videos and say this one It has the song and scene from pocahontas "Colors of the wind" and I think some of the things in the song, if you replace the concept of being of a different race and heritage with us being trans, it fits fairly well.

here's the song, give me your thoughts. :D

Very good, I was impressed, I had heard the song before but never thought of it in that light.

I love that.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Benzrathe

I'm also a Mega Disney fan, and yeah have considered that lot's of Disney's media, lend themselves to diverse interpretations. The "Lil Mermaid" for instance. It's not just about the love of seafood ya know... =D

I see it as being about how anyone/segment of a population (Arielle) can be forced to live on the outside looking in, and refusing to accept the mantras that mandate that's how they must remain.

Then not only is it ok to resist said mandates, but that they can be victoriously conquered. Leaving one open to the possibility of loving whomever your heart desires - regardless of their differences, or need for physical transformations (Mermaid to biped - MTF or FTM). And that you can be loved back (Prince Eric) in the process - despite the laws of "Nature"; probability; and/or social "norms".

Like I said - Yay Disney!=]

Peace.

Benz