• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Circumcision

Guest Zenda

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

You 'heard' right, B.Heard [excuse the the pun]...The question was for trans-males - what would they prefer their neo penises to look like - with 'hood or no hood' = natural=In accordance with nature or unnatural...

Metta Jendar :)

Guest DanM

Back in the earlier days intersexed babies didn't have a choice as to leave things the way they are and let nature takes its course, the decision was made for them mostly by Drs. I feel a baby should have the right to grow up and decide for themselves if they are to be circumcised or any other kind of surgery that has to do with genitals, sexual organs and any thing that might mess them up mentally in the future.

Guest Little Sara
Jesus Christ, I don't even have my weenie yet and that made me cross my legs.

No cutting male weenie in adulthood unless necessary! Sorry Ains, but if circumsizing needs to go on I'd prefer it done as an infant. Recovery is easier and impact on male sexual health less risky. Give em something to cut the pain for godssake but still, I go with infant.

:( And ok fellas, as transguys we do surgeries as adults.

I don't care about "gentiles" and all this stuff, I figure my relationship with God is good because my relationship with God is good, I would choose "cut" just because it looks nicer, the bioversions are hygenically cleaner/easier to keep clean, and chicks like it better :P

And to your credit Jendar (cuz you asked the question ;) ) there's at least one doc who does offer those options on the phallo. And if theres one of something you can bet there are others. And theres also at least one doc who offers those options on the meta.

1) Painkillers are too strong for neonates, could result in major problems, that's why they have no anesthesia.

2) Cleaning is easy, cleaning inside should not be done until the foreskin detaches from the glans, between 5-10 years old on average. Cleaning inside or trying to retract the foreskin before then can damage the tissue or create an infection.

3) Neonates don't get to choose, so they should be intact until such a time where they DO get to choose.

4) Cut doesn't look better/nicer than uncut, it just looks different. Much like a pierced belly button. construct the difference is very small looks-wise.

5) 12,000 to 20,000 nerve-endings reside on the foreskin. Cutting them off robs the owner of their use.

6) Keratinization of the glans penis will happen over time for someone circumsized, as is normal for very soft tissue exposed to harsh surfaces like clothes. Even if you only wore silk boxers all your life, it would still do this. This reduces sensibility further.

Guest StrandedOutThere
1) Painkillers are too strong for neonates, could result in major problems, that's why they have no anesthesia.

2) Cleaning is easy, cleaning inside should not be done until the foreskin detaches from the glans, between 5-10 years old on average. Cleaning inside or trying to retract the foreskin before then can damage the tissue or create an infection.

3) Neonates don't get to choose, so they should be intact until such a time where they DO get to choose.

4) Cut doesn't look better/nicer than uncut, it just looks different. Much like a pierced belly button. construct the difference is very small looks-wise.

5) 12,000 to 20,000 nerve-endings reside on the foreskin. Cutting them off robs the owner of their use.

6) Keratinization of the glans penis will happen over time for someone circumsized, as is normal for very soft tissue exposed to harsh surfaces like clothes. Even if you only wore silk boxers all your life, it would still do this. This reduces sensibility further.

Interesting info, Sara.

I just figured they should at least give babies a topical pain killer. That shouldn't be risky. Right?

Yeah, so given what you are saying, it does look like circumcision is kind of outmoded and maybe even a little barbaric. Most of the time nature knows best...except maybe with wisdom teeth. Our brains got big too fast and crowded our teeth. I actually wouldn't let the dentist take mine out, so I still have them. I was like "do you favor mastectomies on all young girls because they "might" get cancer?". It seemed silly to pull my teeth if they weren't making trouble. Likewise, I don't see the logic in cutting off skin that isn't causing a problem. With wisdom teeth, no one can tell you what proportion of the population would have problems with their wisdom teeth because almost everyone gets them pulled. I imagine that people don't have a good idea of what problems are related to not being circumcised because so many Americans have it done as infants.

Cut and uncut look strikingly similar to me. Aesthetics are so often culturally determined. People like what is familiar (ask me about processing fluency!). Europeans probably prefer uncut. I think uncut is more common over there than it is here.

Guest Martin

I'd love to have more foreskin so as to protect my glans/perserve sensitivity. However, I value length even more. THus I"ll tell my surgeon to not cut any skin, but to preseverve length - which will lead to an circumzised look. And it's not a neo penis, just a penis. Nothing "new" about it, it's just grown since I've been on T and will be released for greater usable length. Since, I was born with the organ. It's not "neo."

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora Martin,

I have read that the clitoris grows some when on 'T' and that some trans-males are satisfied with just the "T' growth, when I used the term 'neo' penis I was referring to when the surgeon construct a penis from bits of skin, flesh and bone taken from elsewhere on the body? I'm not too clued up on F2M surgical procedures...

However I know there are some trans-women who also don't like the term 'neo' vagina...

When referring to things 'trans', I call mine a 'neo' vagina, simply because it's something that's 'new' on me-I was not born with genitals that resembled one... :rolleyes: I guess as time goes by it's newness will wear off and will just become a 'vagina'=no longer 'new'...

Metta Jendar :)

Guest Evan_J
Huh. Interesting question; I've never thought of it, myself...

Whatever's cheaper, I guess.

ROFL Spoken like a real man :P lol

and .....

.....natural=In accordance with nature or unnatural...

I'm all about being "unnatural". I came here "unnaturally" (fertility drug baby, ceserean section) and I'm stayin that way :P

"looking nice" and "not looking nice" is a matter of individual perceptions :) to me and those polled in my personal relationships cut looks nicer :) When I see an uncut penis it looks like a nasty reptilian thing drawn up in its wrinkled tube-sack :) Thats me, thats what I see. And if I think that about what I see on someone else why would I choose it for myself? For me the cut penis is asthetically more visually gifted; undrawnup with its domed helmet proudly displayed. (I feel like posing like Superman suddenly....lol)

Having been on Tlong enough to inherit the cleaning job it can give you (cuz yep guys if it treats you nice you need to do that same cleaning) I do it but the accumulation is fairly fast if you don't and accumulated , tissue sticking, bacteria (yes, smegma is a bacteria, produced as a result of oil secretion in mammal genitals) is a gross thing to clean. Again, personal preference.

Here, however, is a bit on its "benefits" :)http://www.cirp.org/library/normal/wright1/

Guest Martin

Jendar, the bottom surgery I'm getting will not use non-genital material - and certainly no bone. My penis will be "released" - that is, legaments will be cut and wrapped around, and the urethra will be extended. I will look different afterwards and be more functional, but there won't be a new body part sewn on. However, even if I was getting a phalloplasty, I would not like the term "neo-phallus." For me, this surgery will help me feel more normal because my penis will look less unique. If it's going to be called by some fancy term like "neo-phallus" rather than just simply penis, it would defeat that purpose. I would just other my body even more. I guess not everyone feels that way, though.

Evan, if you prefer the circumcised look, that's fine. But please be more respectful when refering to other people's genitals.