• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How I've Been Feeling Lately

Guest MrAwesome

Guest MrAwesome

Well, I've been on and off my meds the past 2 weeks. I haven't taken them in several days now. And it seems cause of this I've been really sensitive to things. I've cried several times this the past few days, along with several times barely being able to hold tears back. Then me and mom got in an argument today, she wanted me to get my eyes checked and made an appointment for tomorrow and I said no and held my ground. I'm not wasting my time or taxpayers money. My eyes aren't whats causing my chronic headaches, my mom just wants to get out of taking me to see a neurologist in June. :( I'm getting worried about all these health problems I'm having... and I'm not risking not seeing the neurologist and having something wrong that was neglected cause my mom won't take me. Then she threatened to not take me to the Gender Therapist if I don't go, and I said fine, w/e, I'm not going to get my eyes checked. I had a physical done before school and they checked my eyes in the process and they were fine.

I know not to take that particular threat of hers seriously, and then she took a lunch break and left me a note apologizing. But still...

I think my gender Dysphoria is getting worse... Even when I bind I'm starting to feel upset about the size of my chest, and it's getting hard for me that my packer is a sock and it doesn't feel at all realistic.

and it's getting really depressing that I can't have a GF, it would be too complicated for me. I don't know were I'd meet someone, then if I did would they reject me if I told them? Would they get mad that I didn't tell them sooner? Would they go tell everyone else and get my secret out? but I can't reject my feelings towards girls, or my urges. :(

And every day I keep thinking about hormones, and the gender therapist. What if she decides not to give me a referral? What if she wants me to wait till I'm 18? I can't make it till I'm 18, I'll be dead by then. I find myself feeling the need to be on hormones more and more... I can't stand the shape of my body... Granted it's pretty nice considering the amount of estrogen in my system but still...

And Something else, the door in my bedroom doesn't have a lock, or a regular door nob just a handle to swing it open or closed. Now I'm afraid to cry in my own room for fear mom walks in. It's like there's no safe feeling place to go, cept the bathroom, but she took the blind down off the window in there and the one glass pane you can't see through, but the top one is just a regular one and I'm afraid of someone somehow looking through it by accident and seeing me, I'm almost kinda scared when taking a shower.

I'm starting to have thoughts now... again... >_< "What the point of living? I'm never going to be able to make any friends my own age in real life, I'm never going to be happy. Nothings going to turn out like I hoped!"

And also my mom just brought this up again, she wants to get rid of one of the cats... and I have mixed feelings about it. I've had this cat since It was born. I love this cat as much as I can't stand it. I don't know if I can let go, yet we can't really keep it, it sprays. And I just don't know.... :( My mom was gonna get the cat fixed but it might not do anything, and we don't have the $$$... And now she won't just shut up and I told her to get rid of it... :(

I'm so friggin sick and tired of holding back tears, I can't cry cause mom might walk into my room and see me... GRRRR... Just... GAH!!!

Well, I've been on and off my meds the past 2 weeks. I haven't taken them in several days now. And it seems cause of this I've been really sensitive to things.

I think that to get any good out of your meds you need to take them consistantly - other wise the on and off gives your system multiple jolts and makes matters worse!

I've cried several times this the past few days, along with several times barely being able to hold tears back. Then me and mom got in an argument today, she wanted me to get my eyes checked and made an appointment for tomorrow and I said no and held my ground. I'm not wasting my time or taxpayers money. My eyes aren't whats causing my chronic headaches, my mom just wants to get out of taking me to see a neurologist in June. :( I'm getting worried about all these health problems I'm having... and I'm not risking not seeing the neurologist and having something wrong that was neglected cause my mom won't take me. Then she threatened to not take me to the Gender Therapist if I don't go, and I said fine, w/e, I'm not going to get my eyes checked. I had a physical done before school and they checked my eyes in the process and they were fine.

I know not to take that particular threat of hers seriously, and then she took a lunch break and left me a note apologizing. But still...

Most people equate headaches with bad eyesight - usually eye strain is more common but even more common is stress and you have a boat load of that my young friend.

I think my gender Dysphoria is getting worse... Even when I bind I'm starting to feel upset about the size of my chest, and it's getting hard for me that my packer is a sock and it doesn't feel at all realistic.

You don't want to hear that you are still so young yadda, yadda, yadda - but it is true, you have to be patient!

and it's getting really depressing that I can't have a GF, it would be too complicated for me. I don't know were I'd meet someone, then if I did would they reject me if I told them? Would they get mad that I didn't tell them sooner? Would they go tell everyone else and get my secret out? but I can't reject my feelings towards girls, or my urges. :(

Sweetheart - don't even think about planning how your love life is going to be - no one has ever worked that out in advance. One day when you are sitting around at your lowest point - As Jimminy Cricket sang, "Fate steps in and sees you through!" Looking for love and planning on how it will be are our downfalls, we think too much - love is an emotion, it can not be controlled, aimed or halted - it just happens.

And every day I keep thinking about hormones, and the gender therapist. What if she decides not to give me a referral? What if she wants me to wait till I'm 18? I can't make it till I'm 18, I'll be dead by then. I find myself feeling the need to be on hormones more and more... I can't stand the shape of my body... Granted it's pretty nice considering the amount of estrogen in my system but still...

You can make it until you are 18, you are so much stronger than you think - if anyone here can make it, you can - you are Mr. Awesome - believe that and you can make it. You have friends here and they will help you, my PM is always checked - others are more than glad to help you too. To you three years is one fifth of your life so far, but dfor me it is less than one eleventh - it is all in perspective - you are young, strong, intelligent and you can make it.

And Something else, the door in my bedroom doesn't have a lock, or a regular door nob just a handle to swing it open or closed. Now I'm afraid to cry in my own room for fear mom walks in. It's like there's no safe feeling place to go, cept the bathroom, but she took the blind down off the window in there and the one glass pane you can't see through, but the top one is just a regular one and I'm afraid of someone somehow looking through it by accident and seeing me, I'm almost kinda scared when taking a shower.

I'm sorry that you don't have a good alone space but you have got to learn to be yourself even when people are watching - men don't cry is a buch of Horse Hockey! Men go to their rooms to cry - they sob in their cars on the way home from work you can cry in your room and if your mother tells you that that makes you less of a man and proves that you are a girl, remind her that some of the greatest men in history have cried some in public. Never crying means never feeling and she doesn't want that for you.

I'm starting to have thoughts now... again... >_< "What the point of living? I'm never going to be able to make any friends my own age in real life, I'm never going to be happy. Nothings going to turn out like I hoped!"

What is the point of living? Because life unfolds like a rose, each petal a thing of beauty on its own but togehter a symphony of sight - but no two roses open exactlly alike and ther is now way to know how it will really look until it has fully openned. The point to going on is to view that perfect rose that is you! Why would I use a rose annalogy for an FTM - because on your way to the blossom and the glory of the rose are all of the thorns that life has to offer. Nothingis going to turn out like you hoped - who knows, but did you ever stop to concider that it might turn out different but better? Don't miss out on that. The world is constantly changing and advances are much faster than they used to be so hang in there in three years there could be a widespread acceptance of the treansgendered community and a vastly superior bottom surgery for you guys!

And also my mom just brought this up again, she wants to get rid of one of the cats... and I have mixed feelings about it. I've had this cat since It was born. I love this cat as much as I can't stand it. I don't know if I can let go, yet we can't really keep it, it sprays. And I just don't know.... :( My mom was gonna get the cat fixed but it might not do anything, and we don't have the $$$... And now she won't just shut up and I told her to get rid of it... :(

I don't know what to say about a pet that you have had for so long, my sister had a parakeet that lived for 15 years and talked almost constantly it was almost like losing a brother when he died. Pets are going to come and go in your life - they do not life as long as we do unless you buy a Macw with a 50 to 75 year life span. Losing a pet is traumatic and there is no way around that feeling of lose. Just remember when the cat (and you) were very young and hold on to those memories they are what you want to keep!

I'm so friggin sick and tired of holding back tears, I can't cry cause mom might walk into my room and see me... GRRRR... Just... GAH!!!

Cry if you need to, it is a real release for emotional stress - just do it at night and bury your face in the pillow, that's how I did it!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest MrAwesome
You can make it until you are 18, you are so much stronger than you think - if anyone here can make it, you can - you are Mr. Awesome - believe that and you can make it. You have friends here and they will help you, my PM is always checked - others are more than glad to help you too. To you three years is one fifth of your life so far, but dfor me it is less than one eleventh - it is all in perspective - you are young, strong, intelligent and you can make it.

I REFUSE to live till I'm 18 without T. That's final! :( The cat is only 3, but that fact don't numb the pain any more... As for crying, I don't want her to worry. That's why I don't cry in front of her. And it's stuff embarrassing to cry in public.

I REFUSE to live till I'm 18 without T. That's final! :( The cat is only 3, but that fact don't numb the pain any more... As for crying, I don't want her to worry. That's why I don't cry in front of her. And it's stuff embarrassing to cry in public.

I hope that you will reconcider that first statement because that is a very permenant solution to a temporary problem - you know woh you are and who you need to be if you have to wait until you are 18 for T then you will get yout T and continue to transition,

If you are gone before 18 you will never get to be you, what if you take the image of this body with you to the afterlife, like in the movies?

You could spend all eternity like you are now - how bad would that feel?

Please just hang on and take your meds regularly, they might just help.

You haven't been like this - you've been the one helping others to see the bright and even the funny sides of life,

Stay with us and your mother might just come around sooner than you think.

Love ya,

Sally

lewis man dont feel bad!

cry if it helps

i wish i could cry but i just cant for some reason!

please take your meds

and is getting your eyes tested so bad?

Guest Elizabeth K

Mr A!

First - take a deep breath and calm down - and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't talk about not living... it's bad to think that way, you can act out and accidently do yourself in - I know - I have been there myself...

And I now realize now you can't transition if you are dead.

Maybe that sounds stupid - but it's true...

And you write:

"I think my gender Dysphoria is getting worse" - of course it is - you can never get away from it, you can only learn it's a part of you and you have to live with it. The GOOD NEWS is eventually you will fix it! Really... you will. Right now you are in a process because of your age. All people with gender dysphoric conditions are 'sloooooowly' evaluated. It seems it take a while for others to figure out how unhappy we really are... they are not usually able to understand us. We can only hope or kindness and support

Even my therapist says she can't understand transsexuals, she can only be trained to work with us.

Baby - you are the last person I would need to ask to post! But PLEASE vent - vent - vent! And if you need a shoulder - PM me - or if you are close to someone here - Private Message. You are NOT ALONE! We hear you. We cry with you! Heck I cry and cry for us all - and I also laugh sometimes - it's hard to know what to do sometimes, we have it so hard.

Just some ideas - I hope SOMETHING I said helps a little...

Lizzy

Guest MrAwesome
Mr A!

First - take a deep breath and calm down - and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't talk about not living... it's bad to think that way, you can act out and accidently do yourself in - I know - I have been there myself...

And I now realize now you can't transition if you are dead.

Maybe that sounds stupid - but it's true...

And you write:

"I think my gender Dysphoria is getting worse" - of course it is - you can never get away from it, you can only learn it's a part of you and you have to live with it. The GOOD NEWS is eventually you will fix it! Really... you will. Right now you are in a process because of your age. All people with gender dysphoric conditions are 'sloooooowly' evaluated. It seems it take a while for others to figure out how unhappy we really are... they are not usually able to understand us. We can only hope or kindness and support

Even my therapist says she can't understand transsexuals, she can only be trained to work with us.

Baby - you are the last person I would need to ask to post! But PLEASE vent - vent - vent! And if you need a shoulder - PM me - or if you are close to someone here - Private Message. You are NOT ALONE! We hear you. We cry with you! Heck I cry and cry for us all - and I also laugh sometimes - it's hard to know what to do sometimes, we have it so hard.

Just some ideas - I hope SOMETHING I said helps a little...

Lizzy

*huggles* the bad thing about it getting worse is that that increases my need for treatment. :( Which I Gotta wait for! *sigh* I'd rather be dead and set my soul free, so that I don't need to transition to be me.

And for sally I'm NOT waiting till I'm 18!!! I can't do it. I can't see my body go through female puberty anymore it's horrible!

Guest julia_d

Just a suggestion ( I leave the brain things to others.. I'm not great on the empathy stuff.. it was beaten out of me as a kid)

A friend a long time ago suffered blinding migranes.. after a lot of tests and messing about with eye tests and other things they found it was a tooth nerve problem.. A little bit of drilling and antibiotics after the infected part of the root (which was allowing bacteria to attack the nerve ending) was removed and cleaned out solved it for him.

It could be eyes also tho.. just because they seem fine from the inside doesn't mean they are a matched pair.. and the constant strain of having one pushing to track with the other gives me pretty bad headaches at times.. simple test.. try binoculars.. can you use them easily or do you need to shut one eye to get a single image?.. doesn't show up on single eye tests.. that's what I have had for years and it's never been diagnosed by tests on each eye singly...

dropping meds suddenly can cause vicious mood swings.. that's perfectly normal .. as for T I'm pretty sure you can push your body to make more of it by indulging in more male pastimes.. swimming lots doesn't half build up the shoulders and upper arms.. a quick look at any distance swimmers shows that... getting strapping strong does seem to stop a lot of female type development. Heavy male targeted exercise regime perhaps?

Feel free to ignore any or all of the above..

Guest Benzrathe

Dude, not sure which meds yer actually on - but I do know that not taking them as prescribed can cause more probs than never having taken them at all! Meds tend to work on body chemistry, and if you stop and start, yer just screwin' yer chemistry up and compounding yer probs. So quit it. Either take them consistently as prescribed, or talk to yer prescriber and explore HEALTHY alternatives, or safe discontinuations. Full stop.

Next - Don't you have a bathroom in yer crib? Does it have a lock? Do folks have a tendency of just barging in on you in there? Safe cry zone. You need to cry man, as previously explained - its a pressure release mechanism. Its also a cleansing system. Your body needs to be able to purge, or you keep circulating the toxins (negative emotions, sensations and chemicals), which serve to just further gum up yer works.

Leo... what happens when you try to cry? Do you feel like you want to/should, yet no tears emerge? Or do you just never get the urge?

Either way, you two, crying is as essential as breathing. Its a physiological necessity. If its an embarrassment thing, you can always say you just stumped yer toe. Hurts like a mofo, and who wouldn't cry after that...

Peace,

Benz

Guest Benzrathe

Hmm, that's interesting mate. Seems like perhaps you just haven't been moved to tears yet, and that's perfectly ok. Who wants a bloke who cries at the drop of a hat anyway? lolz

I'd be more concerned, if there've been justifiable reasons to cry - deep loss; extreme sadness; even extreme joy, etc. - and nada. I don't cry over pain, it just pisses me off, but if yer moved to it then... tis cool too. But any deeply felt emotion that strikes a cord. Not that there are wrong reasons to cry, either. That's an individual issue. Its just important not to forbid yourself from doin' it, or feel like cryin's not ok. It does NOT demean you in any way. Just reaffirms your humanity.

Myself, I find I cry more for others, like empathetic tears, than I do for myself. But meh, that's just me...

Benz

Guest Konnor

Well, everyone else has pretty much said what I was going to say. But I just want to add this...Lewis, dude, you're one of the most helpful guys I've ever seen at Laura's!! It really sucks to see you this sad and down. I know what you're going through and just remember that it will pass. No matter how bad it seems, it'll eventually get better. The whole gf thing...uhhh...yeah I don't know really. Didn't you say you are moving soon? I'd probably wait until you get to your new place and start making friends there. Don't push a love life, just get to know people and the right one will come along. Till then, try not to sweat it. The cat thing, I know how you feel. It's hard to get rid of a pet after you've had it any amount of time, they're just so easy to form an attachment too. I hope you get to keep your kitty. :) Oh and lastly, the crying thing. I know you want to feel manly, but you have to cry. I've always looked at it as real men aren't afraid to express emotions because they are secure in their masculinity. So don't worry about it, just let everything out and you'll feel so much better. Good luck to you mate!!

--Konnor

Guest Leigh
i used to cry loads when i was on the pill,

but since iv come off it, not a tear!

ditto. you should cry while you can, it helps relieve the stress.

and lewis, bro. i know it sucks. i know you feel like there's nothing you can do. but, little bro, you have a mom who loves you (even if she can be cranky sometimes) you have all of us who love you. you are on the road to starting your transition at such a young age, i count you lucky for that... not sure what to say about the cat, but i'm sorry.

just let it out, we'll help you as much as we can.

peace&love

your big bro

And for sally I'm NOT waiting till I'm 18!!! I can't do it. I can't see my body go through female puberty anymore it's horrible!

And for you, here is a thought that you need to address - some people finish pueberty at about your age, when did yours begin?

You may not have any more changes coming from it.

What a shame to give up with the goal so near and the last big hurdle already past.

You don't want to cry because it is unmanly - I think that checking out because the going is getting tough is very unmanly, its not even womanly, it is just trying to avoid a little more pain - if there was no reward for waiting it would almost be a consideration - not a good one, but with your goal so close and well within your grasp it is just plain stupid and you are far from stupid.

This is an emotional time and that is when bad decissions are made, you need to look at the story you have told like it was someone else and think about what you would tell them to do.

I can not see you telling anyone to give up - so don't you.

Show your manhood and endure this a little longer and then you can live a long time as you, a lot longer thanyou have had to pretend.

Love ya,

Sally

Sorry if I was a little harsh, but you need it sometimes!

Guest Pól_Eire

Lewis, like Leo, I've had times where I've wanted or needed to cry and been unable to. I wasn't able to cry at my best friend's funeral. Sometimes it takes more strength of character to show your emotions than to hide them. I agree with Benz. Find a safe place to cry. There's no need to cry in front of another person, but sometimes you need to cry because sometimes life sucks.

Please take your meds. They won't do anything for you sitting on the shelf in your bathroom. They'll only help you if you take them as prescribed. I know it's tempting to stop taking them once you feel better, but the reason you're feeling better is because you're taking them.

I think you should go to the eye doctor for two reasons: 1) For your sake, I really hope it's that you need a new glasses prescription and that you don't have anything neurological going on. Anything like that will be expensive to fix (if it's fixable), and will mean serious implications for your health. Go see the eye doctor first, and hope it's your eyes and not your head giving you a headache. If you get new glasses and the headaches go away, that's fantastic because it means that you're healthy. If you get new glasses and the headaches stay, then you think about seeing a neurologist. It doesn't make sense to pay to see a neurologist when statistically speaking it's much more likely you just need glasses. 2) You want to keep your mom happy. She's doing a lot for you, moving to a new town, helping you change your name, and everything else. At the very least, do it for her, even if you don't want to. Besides, I know she's your mom, but she may actually know what she's talking about from time to time, lol ;) .

The girl stuff will work itself out. Let things take their course. My first girlfriend started things between us (because I never would have had the testicles to), and she knew me when I was still trying (and failing miserably) to be a girl. Before I came out to my parents, she used to give me tips to pass as a girl because I had come out to her first. You're a nice, smart, funny guy Lewis. There's no reason why you can't have a girlfriend.

Ask your mom if she can put a new blind on the bathroom window! That's an easy one.

When you start feeling like "What's the point, etc.", talk to someone! Someone here, someone at home, your mom. I've been there, and I've always had the self-control to not do anything, but I fully understand the temptation. Talking to someone can make you feel reconnected. You have people who depend on you and like you, both at home and here. We'd miss you if you were gone. Have no doubt about that. Please don't give up. Think about it as kind of like a circle. You go around and sometimes you're at the top and everything is amazing, and sometimes you're at the bottom and things can't get any worse. But if things truly can't get any worse, then they're going to have to get better in some way. Sometimes, you're just in the middle and things are OK. You'll get to the top again.

Take care of yourself, and feel free to message me anytime.

Pól