• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hey, I'm The New Kid!

Guest Adrian G

Guest Javey

Hi, I'm new here. I was born female, and I'm not sure just yet if that was correct or not. For now, I'd like to go by "Kiler". I am 15. I am using the name "Javey" on here because Kiler was already taken. Javey is a nick name, long story behind it. But i don't mind if you call me by that either. Whatever works. I'll know who your talking too. I am vegan. Music and writing are my over all passions. I just came out with a Demo CD. I am also into theatre, activism, punk rock fashion (I am actually about to come out with my own clothing store, everything is %100 unique and %90 recycled), the list of my activity's and interests go on.

Making an account to use the forums is a big step for me. I started questioning my gender a little over two years ago. I actually wished i was a boy on and off before that, but was not in pain or really recognized the feeling.

I've been very secretive about it, no one knows I'm questioning my gender. (Until tomorrow, but more on that in a bit.) I finally decided that hiding under clothes in the closet wasn't going to get me anywhere. So by joining and making the choice to talk about it, I've thrown the clothes off and cracked the closet door a bit. Its nice, i can breath now cos' of the fresh air coming in. Its not so stuffy in here anymore, hahaha. :rolleyes:

This website so far has really helped me, even answered some questions. Big thanks to those who run it. One of my major problems was deciding whether i was a boy or girl. But i came across this site, and now I'm thinking i might be in the androgyny scene. I was reading a reply to a post on here, and someone said it was a matter of finding your "Comfort zone" Some people are 1's, some are 5's, some are 10's. I'm still figuring everything out. The gender i feel comfortable with changes from day to day.

I plan on taking another big step tomorrow and telling my therapist about my questioning. Like i said, NO ONE knows and i am very secretive about it at the moment. I also plan on taking another big step and telling my best friend. I know he'll support me, but its still scary. I'm ready to tell some people, and those are the people i have chosen to tell first (and everyone on here, of course).

Almost all of the people in my life would support me if they knew. Anyone who didn't probably isn't really worth having around anyway. I grew up in a hippie gay rights activist home, and the majority of my friends think thats really cool.

My mom is one of the people i am really worried about, because i am afraid of hurting her. She wanted a girl so bad, and I'm not so sure thats what i am. But more on that another time.

Anyway, thats me. Nice to meet all of you.

• Root Admin

Hello Javey,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. We're glad that you found us. I agree that you should talk to your therapist. You will get answers to a lot of the questions that you have. Good luck.

MaryEllen :)

Guest amyj

I wish I had the same thoughts as you; I wouldn't be afraid of losing my best friend. At the moment, he'd throw himself in front of a bus to save me, but he is the biggest homophobe I have met in my entire life. This goes way beyond anything he has ever thought of. I would say he's almost like a brother, so I can't really say that anyone that doesn't accept isn't worth having as a friend.

I am also new to the site, but going through the exact opposite process. I am more than willing to give you tips on acting male if you would like. The charade is nowhere near as tough as relearning how to act as a female will be. Then again, I've had to act male my entire life, so I eventually grew accustomed to it. I wouldn't say no to advice, but then again, there are entire threads devoted to that.

Either way, welcome to the site, and i look forward to learning about this alongside you. :)

Amy

Guest Donna Jean

Well, Good morning, Javey!

How very nice to meet you!

Why don't you sit back and enjoy the company!

Here's some pizza (Sally makes GREAT pizza) and a cold drink....

I think that you'll get a lot of good interaction form folks here that care and try to be helpful....

I jope that you enjoy your time here!

Eat up and relax, Hon!

XXOO

Donna Jean

Hey Javey,

Welcome to the forums!

Pizza is great anytime of the day, especially cold for a midnight snack!

Good Luck with the clothing store!

You have a lot of interests, music and writing are two of mine also.

Enjoy your time in the forums and leave that pile of clothes in the closet.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Eth

Hi Kiler, I'm new here too. I'm about your age, but I'm MtF. Hopefully I'll see and get to talk to you in the teens forum and such later! ^^

I wish I had the same thoughts as you; I wouldn't be afraid of losing my best friend. At the moment, he'd throw himself in front of a bus to save me, but he is the biggest homophobe I have met in my entire life. This goes way beyond anything he has ever thought of. I would say he's almost like a brother, so I can't really say that anyone that doesn't accept isn't worth having as a friend.

I have a best friend who's something like that. A brother to me; but not too thrilled with the idea of anything noncisgendered or nonheterosexual. He's been getting a lot better though lately. Hopefully things work out for you too.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hello Javey,

Welcome!! It is really nice here isn't it!! I am so glad that you have decided to join us!! You are so welcome to participate in the forums and post your thoughts.

Our traditional welcome plate is cocoa and cookies (probably already had your fill, but try some of mine when you get the chance).

Welcome my dear!!!

LOL

bernii

Guest DanM

Hey Javey,

Welcome to the playground. As you can see we are all pretty much alike, we have people in our lives that try to understand and then there are the ones who don't. But everyone here does and you can make yourself at home here with new friends.

Peace and Love Dan

Guest Javey

Well, being in the activist scene, I've learned that at times getting someone closed minded to an idea to rethink something can be like trying to eat soup with a fork. And at other times, easy as vegan cookies. It really depends on the person your dealing with. I've convinced a few homophobes to be more accepting of others. I'll make you a deal, gimme some guy tips and I'll give you some coming-out-to-the-homophobe-best-friend tips ;) If he's willing to throw himself in front of a bus for you, I'm sure he can spare some time to think over his views on gender. I do stuff like this in my spare time, some of my input might help a little.

Nice to meet you, thanks for the warm welcome! This site seems to be VERY friendly.

I am also new to the site, but going through the exact opposite process. I am more than willing to give you tips on acting male if you would like. The charade is nowhere near as tough as relearning how to act as a female will be. Then again, I've had to act male my entire life, so I eventually grew accustomed to it. I wouldn't say no to advice, but then again, there are entire threads devoted to that.

Either way, welcome to the site, and i look forward to learning about this alongside you. :)

Amy

Guest Javey

Well, so far I feel very welcome, what with all these offerings of food XD.

Well, Good morning, Javey!

How very nice to meet you!

Why don't you sit back and enjoy the company!

Here's some pizza (Sally makes GREAT pizza) and a cold drink....

I think that you'll get a lot of good interaction form folks here that care and try to be helpful....

I jope that you enjoy your time here!

Eat up and relax, Hon!

XXOO

Donna Jean

Guest Frank67

Hi Kiler,

nice to meet you and welcome to this site.

I am always too late for the pizza and snacks and I really would like to know how it taste.

Frank