• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Whats Happening To Me?

Guest Kirsty H

Guest kirsty

Okay, I haven't posted much in the last week as have not really felt up to it. Things have been quite bad recently and I have been quite depressed, well not sure if depressed is the right word, I think going crazy is more appropriate. I don't know what is wrong with me... I am trying to progress with my transition, but have been hindered by other health problems of late and I am scared and worried about what is happening to me.

Over the last month or two I have been having terrible pains in my legs and lower back and it has caused me to have trouble walking properly, and sometimes walking at all is impossible. My legs have gone a really dark color, almost purpley-black in places and are really really tight and painful to the touch. I would say that over the last month I have hardly walked or done anything due to the amount of pain I am getting. I went to see my doctor who wanted to refer me on to someone else but this has not happened.

I know this sounds dramatic and over the top, but I feel like I am gradually dying or something. Every day when i get up I feel weaker and weaker, and this whole situation just depresses me so much, I can't even begin to think about transitioning whilst all this is going on.

I dunno why I am telling you all this, just need to tell someone I suppose.

Guest ~Brenda~

Dear Kirsty!!

My dear, if your legs are changing color this is not something to leave alone!! I am surprised that your GP is nonchalant about this! If you are in pain, stiff, can't walk, honey get yourself to the hospital! Yes, as long as you are having health problems, let the "transitioning" take a back seat for now! You MUST be in good physical and psychological health to successfully transition. To do so otherwise is counter productive and dangerous!!

I hope you get better soon! See someone else! You need a second opinion!

LOL

bernii

Kristy, dear, as I am from a family of doctors, I am qualified to tell you the following:

GO TO THE HOSPITAL! NOW! DO NOT WAIT, DO NOT TARRY, THIS IS SCARY [CARP] YOU'RE DEALING WITH!

You need help girl, go and get it if you have to go to a private practice and pay out of pocket. I don't want to say your life is in danger, but it very well could be. Please hurry and be safe.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Kirsty, it sounds like you have a circulation problems. When stuff is blue, a lot of times that means blood isn't circulating the way it should. Another possibility is that you are bruising for some reason or another. Get to a doctor!

Sometimes stress can really mess with our bodies. Do you have problems with anxiety? Are you seeing a therapist?

Guest April63

Yeah that sounds like circulation problems, or you killed the cells in your legs... no idea how you did that though. You do need to get some help.

You said you went to the doctor and he referred you, but then you said that didn't happen. Did you get the referral, but haven't seen the next doctor, or did he not refer you?

April

Guest Frank67

Please Kirsty,

go as far as possible to the hospital or see a doctor. I think the others a right, could be circulation problems or maybe something with your heart (did you ever had problems with it and i don't want to scary you).

If you do nothing you can harm your legs forever.

PLEASE GO GO GO and let us know how you feel.

Frank

Guest leo

if your legs are changing to that colour its to do with lack of blood

to be blunt unless you wona lose your legs i would go straigh to hospital NOW!

Guest Donna Jean

Kirsty, Honey...

Are you on hormones???

If so, they can cause Thrombosis (Blood clots) That's why we are monitored by a doctor during this process...If you self medicate you could be on way too high of a dosage!

The tissue could be dying and you could be in line for losing a limb!

Get to the doctor ...NOW!

I love you, Kirsty...don't make me get gruff with you.....

Love...

Donna Jean

Guest kirsty

Hi Guys and Girls

Sorry for the lateness in replying to this. I have been in bed most of the day trying to elevate my legs and keep them up high, I got an emergency doctor to come out and take a look and he has told me that it's to do with my Diabetes and that it is quite serious, but incase it's just water retention he has given me some tablets to see if they help. I have to see the doctor again on Tuesday to see how things are.

I just hope I get it sorted soon as the pain is horrific at the moment. And I certainly don't want to loose my legs :(

Guest Donna Jean

Kirsty......

Ok...good for you..getting the doctor and all...we wish you the very best...

I also have Diabetes and I have to watch things closely....I am sure that you are aware of that!

I am so sorry for the pain that you are in.....you're on the right path now....

We're pulling for you, Sweetie....

Good luck....and listen to the doctor!

****BIGG HUGG****

Donna Jean

Kirsty, Sweetheart,

Diabetes is nothing to just let go, you have to follow all of your doctor's orders and take whatever medication is prescribed.

Along with that get the diabetic Cookbooks and watch what you eat very carefully, my mother was diagnosed as having diabetes about 4 years ago, she followed the diet plan to the letter - she walked after each meal and lost the weight that she needed to.

She still counts carbs and avoids added sugars and her numbers are excellent - you can help your case by following the same plan - it is wor, but it is worth it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest kirsty

I will do, I am doing everything to make myself better. The only thing that concerns me is that my Diabetes has been under control now for a long time and the highest reading I ever have these days is about 4.6 which is well within the safe level. A year ago it went right up to 29.2 and I was in hospital with it, but at the moment it's very controlled and that's whats worrying me that if it's not a diabetes problem what is it? :rolleyes:

PS. Thanks for all the support everyone. I love you all :)

Guest Sophie H

I thought I should update this really.

I was given some tablets to take to help the problem with my legs and so far so good. The swelling and brusing has almost gone now and the pain is very little. So I am quite happy now :)

Guest Donna Jean
I thought I should update this really.

I was given some tablets to take to help the problem with my legs and so far so good. The swelling and brusing has almost gone now and the pain is very little. So I am quite happy now :)

That's wonderful, Sophie.......Thank you so much for the update.....

I also have Diabetes and I keep it in check with my diet....and two little pills a day...

I'm going to the eye doc on the 23rd....as you know we diabetics have to watch for glaucoma and take care of our feet and watch out for circulation problems....

I have a special diet that I eat...mostly cardboard and Styrofoam tasting things...but it keeps my glucose levels low and my weight at 138-142...gotta make some sacrifice for that girlish schoolgirl figure!.....LOL

Good for you, Sweetheart...you take care of yourself...we tend to worry !

Lots of Love...

Donna Jean

Great news,

Keep doing the things that you need to and you will feel better and better all of the time.

Love ya,

Sally