• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A new solo show

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I am scheduled for a show in December at a county library.  A few years past i did a show called "Equal" with a portion of the sales going to benefit the Trevor Project.  For a period now i've set my art to the side and concentrated on working the farm, doing some expansion and chores that simply needed doing along with regular work.  I'm thinking of revisiting that exploration with a few extra pieces.  One being a piece called "trans Hoops" which is made up of large bandsaw blades from our mill painted pink, white and baby blue.  They spin in the wind and have a pretty but obviously hard, cruel edge.  If i do this i'll just be outing myself again in this community.  Oh well..........it's a sharp edge.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Charlize.  Participating in art can be cathartic.  I used to paint (acrylics) years ago and presented work in several shows.  It sounds like your art is visual as well as movable.  Nice! 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

:thumbsup:  Good analogy Vicky!  I'll try to remember that one.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

That's good Charlize :) I hope the interest, and sales, are there!

I feel I have got to another corner, specifically with my art. At the moment I sign some of my artwork with male signature, and some with female. I am feeling it's getting to the point of all being female though (I am not out by name to everyone even though they are aware of my femininity). I have yet to sell anything, but recently had work at an exhibition at a local nature reserve.

Tracy

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Here is a picture of the piece.  "Trans Hoops"

Hugs,

Charlize

_IGP9361  883 KB.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Here is a closeup showing the "bite".

Hugs,

Charlize

_IGP9371.JPG

I'm so happy for you, Charlize, and I love your sculptures! They're very elegant and interesting. I hope you were wearing heavy leather gloves to create them. My hands bleed just looking at all their teeth!  Along with Traci and Jani, I've done a lot of artwork. Mostly painting, though in the past 10 years I've focused on photography. I've taken many photos in abandoned factories and often wonder/worry that those days are over. I wouldn't enter one alone anymore, which I've done waaaaaay too many times. It's a small sacrifice in the scope of things.

I hope the exhibit goes well :)

Gwen

I really like that!  I've seen some other sculptures using bandsaw blades and/or metal strapping.  It's amazing how creative people can be with everyday  items, tools, scrap metal, etc.  Your's is particularly cool. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• KayC
    • KymmieL
    • Jocelyn
    • MaryEllen
    • MomTGDaughter
    • DeeDee
    • Drayse
    • Sukey
    • Shay
    • Petra Jane
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Trash Panda Dani
    Newest Member
    Trash Panda Dani

1. -Kandy
      -Kandy
      (31 years old)
    2. Cecilia
      Cecilia
      (60 years old)
    3. Grahamgraham
      Grahamgraham
    4. Kiera
      Kiera
    5. Ulfra_Wolfe
      Ulfra_Wolfe
      (36 years old)
    • KayC
      Happy to hear everything went well, Kasumi san!  sorry to hear its such a difficult time without visitors, but you'll be better and up and about soon, I'm sure.  Sending positive prayers your way❤️
    • LaurenA
      These appear to be opposite opinions.  Which is more true?  I assume both are true to an extent.  Elsewhere I've read that the changes are permanent.
    • gina-nicole-t
      @LusciousTheLock while I never have been into the BDSM or kinky as you describe it (possibly due to the abuse suffered growing up), I did enjoy the story as you told it. As I kept reading I thought to myself that you having to restrain your wife so you could tell her that you were trans for your safety and her safety was interesting. I can only picture her as someone that is fairly strong as a woman, and that is not someone that I have seen in a very long time. My adopted mom was very strong, not that she looked it. I am glad that you are still married after three years of your transition, but to me if your wife has issues to the point of not even wanting to get undressed in front of you; how supportive is she really? Not trying to start anything, just asking your opinion on that because you posted it.  Respectfully,  Gina
    • gina-nicole-t
      @SheenaT my ex-fiance did the same thing to me that your wife is doing to you now. This is why she is blocked from calling me now. I tried explaining everything to her over and over again. I even told her I would put off GCS for her, then she decided at the 11th hour she didn't want me to transition at all. I told her that was not her choice since we are not together, and now are not going to be together since you can't be any kind of supportive. Obviously you are a grown person that has her own mind, and can make her own choices, however if your wife can't support you maybe it's time to move on. You can try to educate her, but if she continues to make derogatory comments about transgender people there comes a time to make a choice to stay in a toxic relationship, or move on for your safety and mental wellbeing.  Respectfully,  Gina 
    • Jackie C.
      I'm a pessimist of sorts. What that prompts me to do though is to have a contingency plan so if things go sideways I can go to the backup plan. Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.   Diving into transition was different. Basically it was, "Any result would be better than now."   Same with my GCS honestly: "No matter what the result, my dysphoria monster will shut up."   Fallback plans just come up in everyday life. "Well, I can't do X, but there's still Y. If Y falls through, there's always Z." I find it better than my female birth-parent's strategy of, "If I can't do X, then give up and go home." She was a "joy" to deal with.   Hugs!
    • gina-nicole-t
    • Jackie C.
      I am (sarcastically) shocked... shocked I tell you... that someone would misquote the Bible to further a hateful agenda. 🙄   Jesus was all about love and acceptance. No hate. Love thy neighbor, all that stuff. It's like they never read their own book.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Yes.   However, as my endo kept saying, the changes are completely reversible. You can afford to dip your toe in for a bit before you commit.   Hugs!
    • Ann W
      That's really cool @Bri2020.  You seem to have really put yourself out there, and get rewarded for doing so.  Have fun with the other football girls!
    • Ann W
      That's a great story.  Cheers Robin! ❤
    • tracy_j
      I looked it up and found that this was likely the part they mis-quoted and proceeded to embellish:   "For you formed my inward parts;     you knitted me together in my mother's womb."   There is no mention of gender.   Here is the whole: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm 139&version=ESV   Tracy    
    • Robin.C
      Here's a tale to tell. No not the SS Minnow but Robins night out. Robins first night out to be correct.   Started okay. Until I tried my partners antifrizz spray. Instant flat hair. Cue instant panic with 6 hours until going out. Emergency call to my hairdresser who was also doing my makeup to beg her to fix my disaster. With 2-1/2 hours to go. The lady is a saint, she calmed me down and redid my hair, applied my makeup and still had time to get ready herself. I'd already planned my outfit a month before and I'm so glad I did as I had all of 10minutes to get dressed ... 😬 So with that mini disaster sorted out it was an 45min drive into town (Australia you get used to driving anywhere). With every tourist and slow driver I could feel my stress going up a notch at a time. It's quite interesting how you think time is going so fast and you are going to be so late. AND I still had to find somewhere to park !. We made it to the pub/hotel/concert venue exactly at the time I had planned for 🙄 how does that happen, even walking from the multi-level car park to the venue. So we got to have a leisurely dinner.   Now the fun stuff. I haven't walked that far in high heels (in this case ankle boots) ever. It was easy, huh, why ? Cycling really does give you good legs for tippy toeing along. Okay exaggeration they arent that high. (My toes hurt a bit today though) My partner and I had to go past two other pubs/clubs before we got to our venue and nothing, no abuse, no comments, they couldnt have cared less. Mmmmm. So there I am standing in a hotel/pub dressed as Robin, makeup and hair great and just happy. No fear, no stress, just normal night out. Maybe because I was me for the first time in .... first time ever I guess. No-one recognised me, I was a new woman who had come along to the gig. Women asked about my nails (they loved the colour), one woman said I had great legs for tight jeans she just wished she did; a compliment !? They smiled I smiled, went to the ladies, checked my lippy and makeup and that was that. Nothing horrible happened. Did spot out the corner of my eye a couple of the blokes checking my bottom and legs, how do I know 😜 it was the same way I looked .. lol  it was kinda cool, I didn't wear these jeans for people to not see my legs ... hee hee. But again nothing horrible happened during dinner or the concert, or afterward walking back to the car park. i did get one interesting look from the lass serving drinks; not sure what the look meant, though I do know she is lesbian.   I had been getting wound up about the night and getting ready, and continually telling myself no-one will care, be natural and no-one will take any notice of you. And that really is what happened, my friends who met Robin for the first time were wonderful and it was a fantastic night with great music and company. I can't wait to go out again 😊   A big thank you to everyone on TP who gave me advice and shared their stories, it was like having a big family looking after me. ❤️   Hugs Robin  
    • tracy_j
      My view is that to look to failure is often to achieve it. If I was too pessamistic I would never have reason to start my projects and, looking back, I have seen that many have turned out rather well. I usually find though that a balanced view is the good option.   Tracy
    • Maid In Bedlam
      As @VickySGV Women come in many shapes and sizes.   Personally before i had any work done I was always concerned about my hips and how they didnt match the perfect female body. The concerns were my shoulders were always going to be wider than hips. They still are even after all the hormones and work. However. Take a look around you! Granted some born women do have hips that are wider than there shoulders. But theres also many who are in much the same position as me or you. Watching some of the more elite athletes you will see that most if not all have a body shape much the same as mine or yours. Therefore the shape of yourself is not defined as predominatly female or predominatly male. Its your shape. so love it and work with it. of course you can always give the illusion of hips and shoulders being in proportion with a waist trainer or corset. But I wouldnt recomend them to vigorously. Especially if your just starting out. They can be very uncomftable and tight lacing a corset straight off the bat is just silly and dangerous.   I have seen some women who were born into it and have a body a man would be proud of. But they are women. You can tell by the way they conduct there movements and posture and voice. I doubt if anyone would question there gender.   So dont be disheartened. Own what you have and learn to love it.     I would agree with you @MiraM regarding makeup. Some good points their. Its what suits the individual best and there personal tones. Makeup can be a strange world. But its a matter of finding what works for you by doing your homework.    
    • SheenaT
      By an anti ttans family member. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.