• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New to the Forum

Happy

Hello everyone,

i go by my nickname Happy or Hap. I am a struggling trans woman who experiences major swings of dysphoria every 6 months. In short, I run from it as far as I can for about two weeks to a month then the dysphoria kicks in and I regret all that I did. I’m without surgeries but I contemplate them daily. My secret wish is that I cross a point of not return and lose my perceived safety net. I hope to feel normal and let go of the worlds expectation of me. Thanks for having me.

• Root Admin

Hello Happy,

Welcome to TransPulse. Thank you for sharing with us. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. We'll try our best to give you answers. :)

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Happy to Trans Pulse :)

GD can be a real downer, it's been my experience that it can be reduced to flat line, and live virtually free of it.

Join in the conversations, and do enjoy your time here.

Cyndi -

• Forum Moderator

Greetings Happy.  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling.  You don't say but if you are not, you might consider seeing a gender therapist to talk over some of your concerns.  As Cyndi relates GD can be alleviated or controlled.  It can be as easy as gaining an understanding of it or maybe even going on a low dose of hormones.  Often it seems if it truly is GD this can work to quite the noise which will allow you to get on with life.  As there is a good sized transgender population in your area you should be able to easily find someone to work with.  

I am glad you found us.  This community has been helpful to me.  Please ask any questions and we'll try our best.  

Jani

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Happy said:

I wish I knew the secret.

You do.  You just haven't seen it yet. It will reveal itself in its own time.   

I haven’t seen my therapist in a while. It’s prob time for a checkup before I get any surgeries. I just want to pass some point of no return. Being in neutral isn’t exciting and isn’t commitment. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Happy

Welcome x

I found a steady progression toward female relaxed the dysphoria. I don't turn back, but, as yet, don't yearn for surgery. My dysphoria was never really about my body, just life / social. I don't think there is a point of no return for everyone, just the point at which they are at peace.

Tracy

Happy, for me it was just realizing I did not want to go back. But I had to tune out family and an ex-wife  and their wants and desires to do that. To get over that I realized even if I didn't, they would not get what they wanted. What they would have gotten was an increasingly depressed, resentful and despondent person.

• Forum Moderator

I found that over time i've found peace and acceptance of my gender issues.  Much of that came from simply being here.  reading about others and posting about my journey and seeing all that we had in common helped me a great deal.  That lead to therapy and self acceptance.  Our paths and destinations are all different but finding some peace with our selves and our world is truly a blessing.

Welcome Happy.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Happy,

Welcome to TransPulse. I'm glad you're here! Feel free to join in on the conversations. Being a part of this community helped my confidence for moving forward immeasurably, which in turn helped my dysphoria.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Hey there! That sounds hard to deal with.....I guess sometimes we can be the source of our own problems, even when it's not our fault. I'm sorry you have to deal with such variations in regards to how you feel. I hope you find more peace with yourself and who you want to be as the days go forward. 

Fuzzy Hugs,

Sunny Kay