• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reneging On Coming Out

Belladonnakarapinskia

Hey trans brothers and fellow trans sisters

I've definitely suffered since the age of thirteen that I was a trans girl, I started crossdressing as a late sixteen-year-old or as an early seventeen-year-old, I came out to my mom around mid-2016, after buying a black night gown in late-2015 and real diamond earrings in late-2015, I didn't come out as Donna, I remained Alexander, a older trans lady told me I needn't change my given name since its a neutral gender/sex first name, I'm not financially-independent and I wouldn't be financially-stable anyway, my mom says its even more of a disgrace to be a transgender person, since transgender people are still actively discriminated and being a woman is weighted less then being a man, somehow this mindset still exists for old-school italian mommas, even my old-school italian daddas in some respect, views-and-values respective gender roles you're born into, I'm not an advocate and I'm not an activist, but I'm a trans girl, born a boy, living into my young adulthood, as a young man, but I've got a woman's mindset, even though I don't live as a woman yet, I can't jeopardise my personal financial situation, but I want to transition into the young woman I am, what should I do my fellow trans guys?, what should I do my fellow trans girls?, should I remain miserable as Alex or should I transition into Donna?, against my parents wants for me

Love

B.D.K

*I definitely knew since the age of thirteen that I was a trans girl, but I've suffered from gender dysphoria since about either eleven-years-old or twelve-years-old

Welcome to the club Donna ! We are all or had been in the same boat. I was told early on by my transgender friends to start slowly, like really slowly. Become educated, read, read, READ !! There are so many thing you can do that will allow you to start experiencing womanhood without actually transitioning.

Shave, start with small pieces of clothing, seek therapy and find out if hormones are right for you. Hormones , in my opinion, will be a huge guiding factor. If you are truly transgender, which you appear to be, hormones will fit you like a glove.

There is nothing that says we need to flip a switch and go instantly from Alex to Donna overnight. It took me years and I still feel as though I am transitioning. It is ok and actually beneficial to go as slow as you need to. You will pick up steam along the way and if a 24/7 transition is right for you, it shall happen.

Good luck Donna!!!

Hugs,

Tess

• Forum Moderator

Hi Donna,

If you are financially dependent on your family and they are against your transitioning, your emediate goal should probably be to get financially independent first if possible. When you begin transitioning (medically or socially) it will be a lot easier if you aren't also fighting with your family for your ability to live at the same time. Take things one step at a time. Baby steps, especially at first.

Despite what anyone else may try to tell you, you are not a disgrace for being trans. You are being you, and you can be proud of that. Various areas or cultures are more or less accepting of us than orhers. Unless we can and want to move somewhere else, we can't control that. But we can affect how we fit into the society we live in. I live in a conservative, fairly trans unfriendly area. But even here, I'm moving forward toward living as the girl I am. I take it slow. When I feel impatient I look at the progress I've made already. It helps. 

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

You've both been very helpful, financial-stability is important, but being a woman is more important, money isn't everything, its just the officially-recognised medium of exchange, I'm not disregarding money, I just don't worship it like regular individual persons, I totally get that I need way more than I have now, I'm broke and frustrated by this hiccup, but taking my transition toward being a woman, then I can get married and become a mamma, is vital to my identity, but its a balance between becoming financially-free and securing all the legal liberties you don't currently enjoy when you are held to someone else's standards/expectations, simply because you're reliant on someone meeting your most bare-basic needs, since you live in the same house with them, thank you ladies for replying to me, I know I sound like a bohemian girl, I've lived my life, since 2015, as somewhat counterculture, one of the reasons I've been so idle in my life, thus far, but being a twenty-one-year-old adult and not having achieved-and-accomplished much of anything has left me with much more needing to be fulfilled, thank you girls for replying to me

Love

B.D.K

• Forum Moderator

Hello B. K. D. 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, Belladonnakarapinskia said:

financial-stability is important, but being a woman is more important, money isn't everything,

While money isn't everything, it does make like much easier to deal with.   You don't have to "worship" it to understand it's power to provide the things we desire.   

I would substitute "woman" with "being one's self" as this is most important in life as our image of self is paramount in being happy.  So these two ideas are tied together but are not exclusive.  As Timber Wolf offers, getting to a point of financial stability is the ticket to moving forward as you want, at the pace you want.  Its not a sell out!  I and others of a certain age will always tell younger transitions to get or finish you education and establish yourself in a career field that makes you happy.  If you are happy at what you do, not much else matters.   

As Tessa notes, take your time and enjoy your transition journey.  Another member here was fond of saying, "Slowly, slowly catches the monkey!"  Transition can have our heads are moving in a thousand directions all at once.  Take the time to absorb each change you make to let it sink in and ensure its what you want.  It's better to not waste time and resources in a direction you may abandon for one reason or another.  Enjoy the ride!

Jani

Thank you Jani, I will keep your thoughts in mind as I go mostly full-time when in public and begin taking my estrogen supplements and testosterone blockers in late january/early february, I understand I need money to live comfortably and have financial stability, all comes with a job, which means you need more qualifications today, I try to be myself, but gender dysphoria confuses me to no end and being sexually active adds to that confusion, I will enjoy my transition sweetie, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings

Love

B.D.K

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• Jet McCartney
    • Evelyn J
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MAN8791
    Newest Member
    MAN8791

1. Adamtoeve
      Adamtoeve
      (38 years old)
    2. Andy C.
      Andy C.
      (22 years old)
    3. Asher the Enby Goddex
      Asher the Enby Goddex
      (23 years old)
    4. camerashy
      camerashy
      (52 years old)
    5. Stacy S.
      Stacy S.
      (55 years old)
    • KayC
      Shaving my legs (very early on) was the first BIG STEP in my self-affirmation.  It also felt Real and Natural ... Finally (after all my years with fairly hairy legs). My wife was shocked but I think she thought it was 'OK' as long as didn't go any farther ... well that wasn't going to happen.  It was actually Step 1 of many to follow.  I did feel the need to hide it from others but eventually didn't care.  And, men shaving their legs is much more common these days. Home IPL (laser) made the hair removal permanent over the course of a year or so.  Whatever was leftover has been reduced to peach-fuzz by HRT. I don't deny or reject all my years living in the realm of cis-males ... it was part of my Journey to get to where I am today.  But since committing to HRT and living in an environment and community that supports my transition, I find it difficult to go back into Boy-mode.  The times that I do have to do that ... I can feel the dysphoria rising up again.  No going back ... at this point. 
    • KayC
      Congratulations @EasyE on your continued progress! I think it was about 6 - 8 weeks for me that I truly started to notice (and feel!) the changes.  They were not enormous (no pun intended) but I could notice my breasts were starting to plump up and my hips also.    fyi - I talked to my Provider a couple of days ago and based on recent labs agreed that I could start progesterone.  I did a LOT of research and after expressing any concerns with my Provider we both felt confident in starting.  I have been almost a full year of estradiol and I think my breast and other body changes have started to settle down.  Hoping the 'P' will give them another jump start. Thank you for sharing your progress.  I think you're going to be Happy with with the next couple of months brings  
    • Ladypcnj
      I have this one particular antivirus with the VPN, I thought I paid for everything to be activated, but it turns out to be I have basic protection and they want more money from me to turn it on. I wished the store salesperson told me this soon, I would have brought something else that has everything in it, not half protection missing lol
    • KayC
      Hi @Mealaini - nice to meet you and Welcome! You have an important story and experience to share so I am happy you are open and willing to do that.  Also, I want you to know that this Forum was a very important part of my own Self-Acceptance and helped me navigate both my Progress and the Coming Out process to my wife, kids, and other family/friends.   It's not an easy Journey - sometimes it can seem slow and painful - but for most of us here, it's one that is essential to our Well Being.  I hope you have a similar experience as myself as you connect with others on this Forum and gain the benefit our each individual Experience and our Shared Humanity. Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      It seems to me that antivirus software often acts like a virus.  McAfee is really tough to get rid of.  I got a laptop a few years ago that had it pre-installed.  Didn't want it, and the process to cut out every last piece of it took a long time.    As for VPNs, check out Ultrasurf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasurf   It may not be the best, but it is free and seems to bypass many government restrictions.  Its one of the few tools in GF's toolbox that I actually understand how to use.  As in...click the button!
    • Ladypcnj
      Hi Thea, I can relate to that, to this day I find video games that has female role characters in them, the ones that takes leadership. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Divorce sux.  My husband has an ex-wife somewhere...far, far away.  I guess she turned into somebody completely different right after the marriage, and she divorced him after a couple of years.    My partner (his "Wife #1) married him pretty soon after that divorce, and I guess he kind of missed her back then, but that fades with time.  I wonder... is it harder to stay in contact after divorce, or harder to cut off all contact completely?    I was very clear with my GF when we got together years ago.... to choose me is to keep me forever, as a breakup (and heartbreak) would probably be fatal.  I told my husband and other partners the same thing.  Once I've made my nest, don't push me out of it.  I will curl up in a corner and make myself very heavy and hard to grab   Even GF has never said she wanted to get rid of me, although she gets frustrated with me sometimes.  I'm pretty sure I'm safe here. 
    • Siobhan F
      Odd that this topic showed up today. With the warmer weather approaching, I decided to do something about my legs. When I was in my twenties, my legs were quite hairy, but have become less hirsute as I age. I decided to mow the hair with my manscaping device to make eventual shaving less messy. This made me realize that due to a lack of limberness and practice, shaving might be a major undertaking, so today I applied depilatory from mid-thighs to my ankles (no hair on feet, fortunately). The odor wasn't as unpleasant as I expected (didn't use a common store brand*), and the results were gratifying. I'll try it on my chest next.   *I'm not sure whether mentioning product names is allowed – think of a musical by Lerner and Loewe.
    • MaryEllen
      The correction has been made.
    • Mealaini
      Hi all, Thanks for the warm welcome.     Yeah... The UK flag is a mistake.  I didn't notice it until I came on here today. I'm from Illinois, in the U.S.  I can't seem to find the way to change it in my profile.  Moderators?  Any ideas?     I met with my therapist today.  She thinks that this will be a good place to get started, and I am hoping I can find some support and offer support.     I'll be checking in from time to time :)      
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Went to my local American Legion I am a member of after supper,had 3 beers and my 19 year old niece Allison as a designated driver.Staying for the night,her apartment got fumigated today and told her she can stay at my place.I know better not to drink and drive.She had a couple Cokes I bought for her.Good thing is the other members are good to me and know I am transgender.
    • Ladypcnj
      Approximately 12 hours ago I created a post in the "intersex" forum, however on YouTube 17 people can relate to my story.
    • EasyE
      It has been about six weeks since I started the HRT journey. Today I officially "upgraded" to a new level of patch. I can't believe how giddy I was when A) the doc responded so quickly to my request for a new prescription, as I thought as I was going to have to wait a few weeks for my current one to run out; B) the pharmacy filled my new prescription so quickly -- in like an hour from when the doc emailed; and C) when I got home and put the new patch in place as quickly as possible...   Six weeks in and I would say it is subtle changes at best. But there are changes. They are just hard to describe... Sometimes I get these little rushes of emotion or mini-euphorias. Is that the hormones? I am emotional anyways, anger included ... I've noticed very subtle changes in my chest, like are my areola getting bigger? Or is it just my imagination? Are things getting smaller downstairs? Again, or just my imagination? I feel ... different ... yes a little more feminine...   I think it has surprised me how much I actually want a female chest. I keep checking it out all the time. That is brand new! But it's like I look down, notice what appear to be some changes and I say to myself, "This is going on with my body, and I like this! A lot!" Nothing ceases to amaze me anymore. I am such a mess, lol...    I feel like this patch upgrade is going to bring about more noticeable changes. Like I am really in the game now. Like the first part was just a warm up. Maybe not. But that's what it feels like.   So far, no problems with the patch itself (aside for forgetting a couple of times to take the old patch off when I put the new on one. I went a whole day once with a double-patch). Internally I think I am so ready for the next step... Externally, I feel like I am continuing to poke a hornet's nest, a den of scorpions and a mama bear all at the same time.
    • April Marie
      100% correct!
    • Mmindy
      That's a great question @Ladypcnj. It gives time for staff to review your line of thinking or replying. You're almost free to comment at will, reaching 5 posts.   Best wishes, stay positive.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.