• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hey, I'm New Here.

Guest Alex2

Guest Alex2

Hey,

I'm new around here, 21, and in college. It was so exciting to find this forum.

I'm FTM, but haven't made any progress in transitioning. Pretty much everyone thinks I'm just really gay except one friend who I've come out to. He's gone eerily silent since. He's gay and very active in the community. He was extremely supportive when I first told him but now he doesn't seem to want to be alone with me at all. I don't know whether he's upset that I was clearly concerned about his reaction or just freaked out by my admission. I suppose that time will tell.

Two or three years ago I started wearing guy's clothes full time and I pass really well. The only problem is I'm 4'10" so I basically pass really well for a nine year old boy. My kid brother jokes that I'm his little brother. He doesn't realize he's closer to the mark than he thinks. I enjoy a measure of tolerance from my parents in regards to my sexual orientation, but certainly not acceptance. I don't know whether this second coming out will spell the end of our relationship or a new beginning.

I go to an extremely supportive school, enjoy a great deal of personal freedom, and am actually going to be serving my second term as president of my class even in spite of my gender expression. I have a real passion for politics. I want to go into a career in the field. While it's shameful to admit, I harbor some fears and reservations over what being myself will do to my prospects and opportunities.

- Alex

Guest Donna Jean

Good Morning, Alex!

Welcome to the Playground!

I'll offer you some hot coffee and a pastry this morning since it's early....

It sounds as if you know where you want and need to go...well, good for you!

Why don't you get comfortable and kick off your shoes...there will be more wonderful folks along shortly to say "Hi" and welcome you to the forums!

It's really good to have you, Alex....

Relax and enjoy yourself.........OK?

Good..............

XXOO

Donna Jean

Guest AshleeB

HIII ALEX! welcome to the playground! Your gonna love it here. full of fun people and SOOO much support.

make your self comfortable and once again,

welcome! :D

Ashlee :wub:

Hey Alex,

Welcome to the forums - I see that Dee Jay has already gotten you some refreshments so just sit back and get comfortable the others will come by as soon as the smell of hot pastries wakes them up.

The smell of virtual food reaches all corners of the playground and signals the arrival of a new member - they come to the members lounge to say hi just as soon as they come on line.

A lot of good people here and just a note, the political climate is changing in some areas - by the time that you are old enough to hold a Federal office it might not be an issue at all - but at your height, I wouldn't be photographed driving a Tank - it did in Dukakas against George Bush the First!

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Alex and welcome, i would give your friend more time.

Paula

Guest Elizabeth K

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Hello and come on in! We are excited you found us! We have a great deal of diversity here and a ton of FTM who are in college - you will enjoy it here.

And about your friend, it's a strange thing. We have talked about that very thing here at Laura's., the fact that the gay community does not 'get' the transsexual community. Possibly because they are perfectly content with their genitalia and their bodies, and cn't comprehend making a change. They can be supportive as they understand the prejudices and discrimination issues, but they think we are 'nutz' just like the general community does. I would give him time.

So look around and post and post and post. We want your input on EVERYTHING! I always pick on you guys - and love the FTM people - such a different world, yet EXACTLY the same.

Lizzy

Guest Leigh
While it's shameful to admit, I harbor some fears and reservations over what being myself will do to my prospects and opportunities.

don't we all, brother. welcome to the playground. i hope you find what you need here, i know i have.

see you around.

peace&love

Leigh

Guest Frank67

Hello Alex,

nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

As Paula wrote, keep your friend more time. I told some friends I am bi some weeks ago and all are accepting ( ok, I have to stay in front of them if we buy something :lol: ), but one of them needed a longer time to accept it. I must say we had to sleep in the same bed for two weeks (Maldives holidays to dive and something went wrong with our booking, but hey I did nothing and he is so cute *sniff*)

I think that is the reason, but I am not sure. So, please be patient with your friend, maybe you could write him an email and try to explain how you feel.

Frank

Guest Alex2

Hey,

Thanks for saying hello, and for the refresments. Coffee is always nice.

You guys were all totally right. My friend just needed some time. He's been crashing at my place for the last couple of days and it seems like everything's gone back to normal. The topic even came up again and he was really chill about it. That was a total relief.

Oh and Sally, thanks for the advice. Will be sure to avoid tanks!

Can't wait to start posting.

Hey,

Thanks for saying hello, and for the refresments. Coffee is always nice.

You guys were all totally right. My friend just needed some time. He's been crashing at my place for the last couple of days and it seems like everything's gone back to normal. The topic even came up again and he was really chill about it. That was a total relief.

Oh and Sally, thanks for the advice. Will be sure to avoid tanks!

Can't wait to start posting.

Then don't!

Just find an interesting topic and ad a post, if you have an interesting trans related idea - find the right forum and start a new thread - the playground is all yours.

Love ya,

Sally