• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It has finally come to pass!!!

Angelgrlsue

I have finally completed my first stage of SRS and I am so so very happy that I am now a complete woman inside and out.  Words do not even describe how happy I am to have had this surgery. it is being done in two stages, the first stage was to create the vagina without the canal, after I have recovered fully from that surgery, then the second stage will be performed in which the canal will be built using part of my colon. 

I do have some questions about pain management for those of you that have had the surgery. What are some good ways to control the pain and swelling besides the pain killers they send you home with?  Also some good stool softeners, because I have bad constipation.  I am to schedule a post-op appointment with my surgeon for next week.

Susan

• Root Admin

Congratulations, Susan. :)  You're well on your way to fulfilling your dream.

MaryEllen

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations;ations dear Susan.  i know how much this means to you.  

As to stool softeners i would certainly ask your doctor but at the same time i found after going vegetarian many years ago i have never had a problem in that regards.  fiber does a great deal all by itself.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Sue!  As to pain I was on acetaminophen and a few doses of morphine while in the hospital.  After that it was only acetaminophen.  Maybe I was lucky.  As for swelling, try not to be too active as this should allow the area to relax and heal.  As Charlize notes, a more veggie centric diet will help a lot in this regard, even if just while you're healing.  Also cereal that is high in fiber is good.  I like bite sized Shredded Wheat for breakfast and to nibble on during the day.  

Best of luck.  

Jani

8 hours ago, Angelgrlsue said:

What are some good ways to control the pain and swelling besides the pain killers they send you home with?

i've found curcumin - active component of the turmeric herb - to be exceptionally effective.  There's a lot of bad brands out there, though.  And by bad, i mean non-effective.  i personally use Doctor's Best curcumin phytosome.  It's pre-converted into a form that is extremely bioavailable (ie your body absorbs lots of it).  Super good stuff with plenty of good science surrounding it also.  i hear tell it's mildly anti-androgenic also.  

Best of luck.

• Forum Moderator

Congrats Susan ! I agree with Mary Mary above, that walking is really good medicine.

Heal well....

C -

Post-op pain can be pretty intense necessitating some serious pain medications including those incorporating some combination of opioids. Unfortunately despite the blessed relief provided, the side effects are significant including, of course constipation, and the ever present potential for addiction. 

I found that l was able to kick the Percocet by the third day, using it rarely after that as needed to sleep. Tylenol in regular dosages did the trick after that.

For constipation, l found 4-500mg of magnesium daily, plus Sennecot, a natural laxative, as needed.

Drink as much water as you can, get lots of rest, to allow healing, as try to stay as active as possible. 

Good luck in your recovery. 

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for your comments Lorraine.  Why don't you post a quick intro at the Introductions sub-forum?  We'd love to meet you.

Jani 

7 hours ago, Jani said:

Thanks for your comments Lorraine.  Why don't you post a quick intro at the Introductions sub-forum?  We'd love to meet you.

Jani 

For now l prefer to offer helpful hints or commentary rather than to focus on me or my past..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • MaeBe
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • April Marie
    • Mars Hiroshi
    • Birdie
    • missyjo
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Riya

1. afraid of self
      afraid of self
    2. Chaidoesart
      Chaidoesart
      (14 years old)
    3. Faith57
      Faith57
    4. Joyce Ann
      Joyce Ann
      (70 years old)
    5. Kelly21121
      Kelly21121
      (56 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Good day at work,new co worker my boss hired is pretty good.I witnessed him working and said he is like me,do not sit around doing nothing.New tool dealer came in,Cornwell dealer and he is a great guy.Bought a Milwaukee M18 3/4 drive impact wrench from him,most of my cordless tools are Milwaukee and he saw that.
    • missyjo
      thank you all truly  he phoned today to see how I was..1st time..3ell since I told him.it was clumsy n awkward n my fault too because I didn't feel comfortable giving any real information of what's going on..maybe someday..hopefully he realizes we are pulling further away.i after a lifetime as sibl8ngs  n maybe wishes t9 salvage that..even with me being transgender..but yes I keep getting feelings this is to nudge me out of transness n back to normal    oh well   thank you   hugs  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      God is not the author of evil.  The world is fallen - one of the few things everyone agrees on is that not everything is right with this world.  There is agency that can act contrary to His will.  And there is the promise that He will work all things for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.  Rom 8:28.    Beyond that, I don't know.  Sometimes I say He made me transgender and sometimes I say it is the result of the fall. In either case the truth is governed by my previous paragraph.
    • Birdie
      That is what I am hoping!
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Its only temporary...just til I get the current project done.  Actually, even back when I was working, I always worked from home.  Usually curled up in a corner with my headphones on.  In those days, it was just me and my GF and my sister.  I'd wake up when GF went to work, and my sister didn't have a job so we just stayed home.  She was still trying to be a writer.  But now it seems like everybody is up early, either for work or with all the kids.  Not much chance to stay in my nest through the morning now.     Congrats on your anniversary, BTW.   The Acadia might be decent for you.  I actually saw one of those after an accident.  Totally smashed, but the people inside hardly had a scratch.  I guess they're pretty safe.  IDK about a 4 cylinder engine for an SUV, though.  Around here, even that 4.0 6-cylinder would be considered "small."  I have the only 4 and 6 cylinder passenger cars in my family, actually.  My ancient Chevy Lumina has a 6 cylinder, and my Mazda Miata has a 4 cylinder.  They are appropriately "fox-sized."  All the rest are some flavor of V8, either the Ford modular engine or some variation of Hemi.      Would getting a new ID change how the day center handles you?  I would think it would be tough for them to justify treating you different from what your ID says...
    • Birdie
      This morning I went to see my vascular surgeon at the Hospital network and the staff and doctor all referred to me as ma'am. It seems the new settings on MyChart are already current and staff are following my preferred pronouns and name (my appointment papers all have my obviously male name on them).   It's quite refreshing until returning to the day-centre where they again go out-of-their-way to call me "Sir". 🙄
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I guess this is the only plausible reason?  I can't imagine any other, really.  I think it is the intent of the Russian government to remove all LGBTQ+ people from their society.  I guess that will mean most of their female population, since I've noticed that Russian girls tend to be sexually "flexible" (at least)  
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I absolutely disagree with the idea that God makes people to be transgender.  Genesis 1:27 says that God made people - male and female He created them.  Plural.  As in...people generally.  Also notice that God creates animals according to their kinds, and that Creation was orderly.  I don't find the "both/or/and" interpretation to be consistent with God's personality as described in Scripture.  God doesn't seem to operate with ambiguity.  It feels like using "lawyer language" to find something that isn't there.    I do not believe that God made me as I am...intersex/trans, unable to reproduce naturally, and with wacky plumbing inside me that by some miracle manages to still work.  I believe that while God gives the soul, our biological life has been an ongoing natural process after Creation, something which He chooses not to control.  Yes, God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and all that.  But He voluntarily limits Himself in our world in this time.  He doesn't make everything or fix everything... cancer and war and such are proof of that.  If you believe in God creating people intentionally to be transgender, then you might also believe God intentionally creating some kids as disabled, or some to be stillborn.    I believe the path forward for Christians is to recognize and accept the effects of Original Sin upon all creation. There's a difference between God avoiding involvement/manipulation and actively creating a situation.  God doesn't make mistakes...but at this point, there are a lot of things that God simply doesn't make at all.  I don't believe He is as detached from Creation as the Deist "watchmaker analogy," but I don't believe He is controlling every little detail either.  There's a balance, sort of.  Disagree if you want - people have debated the issue of control, free will, and creation for centuries....it will continue to be discussed until the end of time.   I'm not sure if I was supposed to be a boy or a girl.  I guess when I get to the afterlife, I'll find out.  Because all the crap that happens here due to original sin and a broken system will be fixed.  The world will be set right, and I believe we'll all be either male or female as God originally wanted.  Some of us might be surprised at what that looks like.  As for me, I'll be happy with either.  I just want to fit in my body.     
    • Ashley0616
      @Riya April is right there are a good number of us that are veterans too. Congratulations on your journey and looking forward to seeing more posts from you. 
    • Mmindy
      I'm feeling this one right now.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • April Marie
      Hi, Riya and welcome to the forums!! You find lots of veterans here and many of us are in fairly early stages of transitioning. Ask questions, and jump in wherever you feel comfortable adding to the discussion.
    • April Marie
      I've been fortunate in growing my hair out. I had a few thinner spots - typical spots - but have been using Hims' hair growth treatment for about 6 months now and it had made a tremendous difference. I'm not sure how long I'll let it grow but I've been thrilled with how it's turning out.   Today I'm wearing this olive green high waisted 3/4 balloon sleeve midi dress with white sneakers.     I also received these today. Found them on eBay. I've been looking for a pair of brown riding boots but finding them in my size is hard and typically expensive. These were on end of season sale plus they gave me another 10% off so I ended up at about 40% of retail. They fit perfectly (12M). Unfortunately (or fortunately) boot season is over so I'll put them away until Fall.    
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon @Riya   Welcome to transgender pulse forums, I hope you find this forum and the many threads helpful.   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums.  Jump in as you wish and have fun.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      "When in doubt, just go back to bed." 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.