• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Looking for advice

Cthorne

Hi :) 

So this is all new for me and I do have a meeting set up at my local lgbt+ centre but honestly I'm all on my own with this...

Any advice would be amazing, any thoughts or stories about what others have been through would be so great :)

CThorne

• Forum Moderator

I assume this is for counseling?  If so I would be honest about your thoughts.  This will allow for conversation that is beneficial to you and will help move you forward.  This may be in an obvious direction or in some way you hadn't considered.  I did find that when I opened up it was a great relief.

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

There aren't any centers here where I live but I've been transitioned for 7 years now and interacted with a lot of trans people online in those years.

My best advise would be to take a deep breath, smile and just be you.

That's what this is really all about in the end. The best way to be you and how to get there.

For most people it's a wonderful experience. A chance to talk to people who understand and accept.

Let us know okay?

Johnny