• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Post-revision Depth issues

Jamiexo

Hello,

I had SRS 10 months ago. I did have a complication that needed a revision and I had that taken care of a week and a half ago. I was instructed by my doctor (who is a pretty prominent Dr. in SRS )to take it easy and start up dilation again in 1-week. Before using my soul purple dilator I could easily achieve the 3rd/4thdot which is pretty typical. But this week I have been struggling to reach even the 1stdot and it is excruciating pain. I am so scared I have lost majority of my depth and I just do not know what to do…… I just can’t imagine 2”+ of my depth would disappear in a matter of a week, especially 10 months post-op. Post-Procedure I have been working on dilating every day 2-3 times a day, its been 5 days  (same pain, same depth issues). I have been in contact with my Dr. Office but I just feel the advice is limited.

I am worried because now I feel like I am up against the clock and am at a loss of what to do. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Jamie and welcome.   I'm sorry to hear of your problem.  What has your surgeon said?  Have you contacted them yet?

Jani

I've found that dialating with my middle finger first does help when using the dialator. I am using the green one, but did not have any complications. I would call the surgeon immediately, after a week of not dialting they might have suggestions for losening things up down there or it could be an issue related to the revision.