• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Everyone

Guest Zoё

Guest Zoё

Hi, I'm new here (why else would I be posting in this topic?).

Hm... A few few things about myself? Ok, lets see...

I'm 16 1/2, I just came out to my mom about four weeks ago (she is ok with it), I hope to start HRT as soon as I can find a good therapist, and I'm a bit of a nerd/geek. I love anime, manga, and reading. I also love video games (die zombies, die!). I'm pretty smart, I guess, though I don't have the straight A's most people would think from talking to me. School just isn't my thing. I find the whole way they measure intelligence to be stupid, its just a bunch of memorization. I have mild ADHD which is why I always seem to go off in random directions in my posts. I love going on the internet and forums and such, though I hate 4chan (I still have nightmares from that place). I'm usually pretty shy and I don't have too many friends. I have some personality issues from suppressing almost all emotions since the 6th grade due to psychological and sometimes physical bullying by some kids and an uncaring school system coupled with a bunch of confusing family problems. I'm in the 11th grade now and I'm a bit young for my grade. Ive also always been a bit behind in developing socially and emotionally which was why the bullying affected me so much. The bullying made my mature emotionally and socially by about 3-4 years in the space of 1 in order to cope. Though I still have some trouble cause now I'm more(ok a lot more) mature than just about everyone in my school. My school is also famous for being intolerant of gays and such. My parents are divorced though on fairly good terms. My dad now lives in china so fortunately I'll have some time before I have to tell him. My sister is in college and is even smarter than me in some ways but has made a lot of poor decisions(drinking, smoking, partying). I guess I've known I was a girl since I was about 9 and I was reading The Guinness Book Of World Records and there was some entry that had to deal with SRS or something and everything hit me like getting smashed in the head by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. All my life just sort of fell into place I knew right then that I was a girl and that when I grew up I was going to get SRS. I remember falling asleep at nights just fantasizing about when I was older and I could get it done. I figured I could wait until I left home so not to raise too many issues with family but recently with school and other things I just sort of cracked and I could take it anymore so I told my mom. You see, since I found everything out it was just sort of there building torturing me like Chinese water torture. the only reason I lasted as long as I did is probably because I'm a really late bloomer. So just a week or so ago I found the Playground and have been lurking around the forums and such till I got up the courage to make an account and start posting and here I am.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Normally I suck at writing. I could fill up pages more too. Though I'm sure the layout isn't that great with my ADHD style thinking, I tend to jump about in a peculiar way in my writing that only makes sense to me. Anyways thats me in a nutshell, just about. Oh and one word that describes me and my life totally is CENSORED- Situation Normal, All ****** Up.

Hope to see everyone around here.

~Zoё

Guest mia 1

No you are a great writer with a knack of cohesiveness and true logical thiught..Tell us more about yourself and this site is safe from bullying so really enjoy Sally' cookies and Donna Jeans Hot Coco and tell us more about your life we are here to listen and maybe offer you some good advice with all of years of experience in this mixed up crazy world we live in. Enjoy your time with us Mia

Guest ~Brenda~

Welcome Zoe!!

What a very frank and honest introduction. Late bloomer? What does that make me... Too late bloomer :) ?

My dear, just relax and be glad you have atleast recognized your gender dysphoria. Some if us (me for example) did not recognized it until much later in life. You are going to be just fine, and beautiful!!

By the way, your writing is really good. Don't think that you are not a good writer!!!

LOL

bernii

Oh, I hear Lizzy shouting from the back room... "POST, POST, POST". Did you hear that?

Hey Zoe!

Actually you sound a like me in high school, only without the being a bitter, homophobic nutjob everyone was afraid was going to shoot up the school...er I mean it could be a lot worse. :lol:... :unsure:

But my point is, I had the getting smashed in the head by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick moment too. Oddest thing in the world...I'm happy being a boy, I'm happy being a boy, I'm happy being a boy....crossdresser....I wanna be a girl, I wanna be a girl...

Life is complicated, no?

But I'm really stoacked for you, in that your mom is accepting and that you have come to terms with it eight years ahead of me. And one more thing, girl: CONFIDENCE. I think high strung, intelligent people get labeled ADD when we're not because we are nervous and bored easily. Paragraphing aside (minor complaint) your post is well organized and coherent. Just learn to take it easy and stand your ground and you'll really start to bloom. Good luck and God bless!

Guest joe0117

Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the Playground! I am glad that you finally felt comfortable to post and tell us about you. I think you are a very good writer. You were direct and informative. Everyone here is wonderful! I look forward to getting to know you!

Joe

Guest Elizabeth K

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Hey Zoe - GREAT intro! And theres no problem with the way you write! Me? They have to get me down from the ceiling fan sometimes - ALL OVER THE PLACE! Yikes - we do that because we are so dual natured I think - we have learned to come at issues from so many directions at once.

So WELCOME to the greatest place in the world!

I see you have a great start. As you are younger, we ususally let people your age advise you on the personal stuff, but you are welcome everywhere. This place is full of diversity - so check it out! And we try hard to keep it safe and moderated.

And bernii says I do this - she is right!

POST POST POST - what you have to offer is unique and needed here. Glad to meetcha

Lizzy

Hey Zoe,

I am so glad that you are here, I hope you found the cookies and hot cocoa, if not, I'll bring in a fresh batch the smell of fresh baked cookies signals a new arrival and everyone comes by to meet them!

I think that we might have figured out the nerd/geek part on our own from the "everything hit me like getting smashed in the head by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick." comment alone! :D

I think that a lot of very inteligent and completely 'normal' people get diagnosed as AHAD because they are bored by the whole school system - I know that if I had started school in the 90s instead of the 50s, they would have called me AHAD and wanted to put me on medication - I didn't need any, we had windows and trees and I had my mind, unclouded by drugs - taking me to wonderful places where I was a girl and everything else in the world was right too.

Remember that most of the world's greatest inventions did not come out of class rooms but out of dreams.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Zoe!

So nice to meet ya!

It's wonderful to have you here and I think that you'll enjoy it very much....As you see, everyone is nice and friendly.

I like the way you write...the style is attractive to me...I also had attention problems in school and, Like Sally, I grew up in the 50's and there was no medicine for that..just a whack with a book from the teacher!

I hope that you have a good time here with us...

Welcome!

Donna Jean

Guest Selkia

Welcome ^___^ !

Well atleast your getting the chance to start HRT at a young age..compared to me D: Oh I am so old now...and still no HRT

^__^ always look on the bright side of life *whistles* O_O: I have no idea where I am going with this comment xD

well it seems that you are already meeting some of the greatest people in the world *points everyone* :3 you alll rule!...

*smiles* :P welll hope you have a grand time here and get all the anwsers to your questions ! :D

Guest Anthelia

Wow, your high school life sounds so much like my own even down to the ADHD. Sadly for me I had a friend that loves 4chan and slowly destroyed my morality until I started to like that place. I still hate him for that. Enjoy your time here at Lauras, the people here are great.

Guest Frank67

Hi Zoe,

welcome to Laura's. It is good that you find the courage to introduce yourself because others can see who you are. I am happy that happy your coming out to your mom seems to be a good one and that she is fine with it.

Look around, ask all the questions you may have and be sure they will be answered.

And about the "die zombies, die!" i like to play Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Onimusha., but what is this 4chan thing? All I know it is an anime image board - I think I am too old with my 41 years for these things.

Guest Magan

Hiyas Zoё :)

Welcome to the forums!! Great intro.

My thoughts bounce around a lot too! Sometimes I wonder if my posts make any sense whatsoever. I am sure you will fit right in here. B)

*hugs*

Guest Zoё

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'm glad someone caught the Hitchhikers reference. :D

4chan is basically the scum of the internet where all the perverted insane people hang out.

Hope to see you all around the forum.

~Zoё

Hiya Zoё, I'm new here too and I'm about a year younger than you.

I've been on the forums for little over a week now, and so far I've made a lot of great friends and learned a lot from the people on these boards. You'll fit right in here, and you'll have a great time!

If you ever want to talk or be friends, you can feel free to PM me.

-Eth