• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Weird Dream

Guest Adrian G

Guest Javey

I had this really weird dream the other day.

But before i went to sleep,

It had been a very stressful day, all kinds of stuff with my friend (who i posted about in the suicide prevention and self abuse forums) and her parents went down. Apparently i am the devil and am trying to steal her away. by the time i went to sleep, i felt like my face was melting from all the stress. Plus i had to get up the next morning and perform again. I was also contemplating sending my (Big LGBT activist) aunt an email, coming out to her. She lives 3 states away so i couldn't really meet up with her without a lot of work. It seemed like a good idea. I had already written out an email. It was just a matter of sending it. But i was still nervous. Even though i didn't need to be.

I fell asleep and thats when the weird dream kicked in. There i was at the theatre, talking to my friend. Not about her parents or anything, just chatting like normal. I walked in the dressing room to change out of my costume, but the clothes i had worn there in the dream (Black Ballet flats, my cast T-shirt, and a pair of pants that cut off at my shin - which isn't my usual dress style in the first place) were now vans skater shoes (something i wear already) slightly baggy jeans, and a band shirt. Okay, thats a little more my style. Except for the jeans, baggy jeans kinda bug me usually. But it caught my attention that my clothes had changed. I put them on, and glance at the mirror before i walk out. My hair was about 3 inches shorter then it is right now, and it was more of a boy-ish cut. Weird. I walk out and glance down at my feet, trying to figure out how my shoes had gotten switched when i noticed i had nails. Apparently someone had given me a (very nice) manicure without my knowledge. Then suddenly, memories flashed back of me going to a salon and getting my nails done. Usually i keep my nails short because i play guitar. Once in a while I'll paint them, but i don't really have the patients for that.

I can't remember what happened after that, but the next thing i DO remember is that me and my friend were walking in a park. I still was in the weird clothes and had the weird hair cut and the nails. She starts talking about her parents some, while i listen. Then i notice I have an odd amount of hair on my arms. Much more then i really have. As we are walking, my clothes seemed to magically change into these tighter light colored jeans and my band shirt into a white, floaty tank top. My shoes stayed the same. My hair changed back into a girls cut a little more, and the hair on my arms stayed. I was trying to figure out what was happening and why my friend didn't seem to notice the change. I still had the manicure, and for some reason the nails were really sticking out to me. But then, as we were still walking and i was still in the girly clothes, my face started to feel weird. I felt it with my hand, and i was growing a beard. Then i woke up.

Totally tripped me out. Trying to figure out if it might mean anything particular. I have a history of weird thoughts and idea's coming to me in my sleep.

Guest Elizabeth K

Not an expert by any means. My guess is your mind was going through your 'androgyne' impressions file - doing a bit of houseeeping - mixing up a bunch of what you subconscieously consider clues to femaleness and maleness. Everything seemed to change and like Alice in Wonderland, got 'stranger and stranger," and you were the only one to notice.

Lizzy

Guest DeniseNM

Well I have no idea what it means Javey, it could mean any number of things or it could be like even Freud said once "Sometimes a dream is just a dream". Definately a unique dream though.

Denise

I wouldn't worry too much about its meaning, it does seem to tie in a lot of impressions of what is Androgyne?

You were very tired and thinking about coming out and your mind ran a lot of different stuff past you while you were trying to sleep.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest My_Genesis

I had a dream about 1-2 years ago that I grew facial hair, and I was physically completely pre-transition like I am in RL. just started sprouting facial hair, and thought it was cool, and didn't care how many people were staring lol.

wasn't much else in terms of plot that went on in that dream.

It's funny that the more open I've become with myself about having a male identity, the less I have these types of dreams.

:(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Nonexistent
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MossycupMolly
    Newest Member
    MossycupMolly

1. Carli05
      Carli05
    2. CharlotteD89
      CharlotteD89
      (35 years old)
    3. JamieL
      JamieL
    4. Jenny
      Jenny
      (71 years old)
    5. Katek
      Katek
    • Mirrabooka
      Hmm. Must have been that pesky 'International' word which made me assume that it was well known! I only became aware of it myself last year.   Brief history: May 17th is the day IDAHOBIT is acknowledged as it is the anniversary of when in 1990 the World Health Organization declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder. It was conceived in 2004 and first celebrated in 2005. It has gone on to include trans folk in 2009 and bi folk in 2015.   International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia - Wikipedia    
    • Maddee
    • Cheyenne skye
      A year and a half post op. I've noticed that once the urge to pee hits, I can only hold it for about 15 minutes or so until it gets to the point where I feel like I'm going to piss myself. I used to be able to hold it a lot longer (as I  remember it).  I know my urethra is a bit shorter now, but I don't think it is enough to account for this. Am I imagining it?
    • Roach
      What a great moment @Vidanjali! It's always so cool knowing people are reading you in a way you want to be seen.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It's also networking.  Sometimes jobs come along because someone knows someone else - these older people might know someone.  "Hey, Ashley," someone might say,"My nephew is looking for love. He likes tall women. Whatcha think? Can he call you?"   Don't discount their ability to match make.  It is about networking.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      He is simply doing to get more votes. He held a Trump for trans during his first run and found out the majority of his voters were against us so he simply followed the crowd. 
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      The sad part is I'm the third oldest member. One is in their 60's and the other is past 70's. I'm even older than the president lol. It's a younger crowd that's for sure. I like to come here to feel young again lol. 
    • Sally Stone
      Ashley, I think searching for relationships are a lot like searching for jobs, they tend to come along when you aren't actually looking.  Perhaps you could step back from actively searching, at least for a little while, and instead, concentrate on just being out and about as yourself.  Like Mae and Abby have already mentioned, just keep up your volunteering, but don't focus on a need to find someone.  Maybe, just maybe, changing your tactics will result in someone finding you.    I do wish only the best for you, and I hope someone comes along who connects with you.
    • MaeBe
    • MaeBe
      First off, you can't regret being honest. You may not be changing the relationship, but it sounds like it still exists!   As for meeting people, what about through the volunteering you're doing? Maybe you can do more of that and meet people. Let some relationships grow and if they blossom into something more than friendship, great! If not, you've got more friends!
    • LittleSam
      Hi Giz, welcome. There's so many different ways to be trans and you're so welcome here. I wish you luck in achieving your goal of being more androgynous. There's forums in here that might suit you and your goals. I look forward to hearing more from you. I go by he/they pronouns at the mo.
    • Lydia_R
      Hello @JenniferB!  Was kind of in the same boat with this.  I spent massive amounts of energy over several decades to try to control my drinking and drug use.  Because I'm highly disciplined, I was ultimately successful.  I felt I could have gone on with controlled drinking for the rest of my life without problems, but it got to the point where I realized that it wasn't worth all the energy I was putting into it.  At that point I found surrender.  I got a sponsor, attended almost daily meetings for a year, worked the steps to the best of my ability, tried my best to socialize with people even though I am an introvert, I made a mess for myself at the meetings and felt a little rejected.  And then I continued on doing a little service work.   After a few months away from it, I'm in a good spot.  I accidentally ate one of my roommates edibles a couple months ago.  I have only smoked a half ounce of weed in the last 20 years.  After it kicked in, I realized that it was a marijuana high.  Then I noticed something miraculous.  I just told myself that there is nothing I can do about it and then got on with the business of the evening like I normally would.  It was like the high just ended right then and there.   Controlled drinking like I was doing was just very risky behavior and not worth the effort for me.  In any case, I'm very happy that I spent my life fighting it all instead of just giving into it.  I think that whatever you put into something, you eventually get back out.   Meetings are cool.  People generally get equal time to share.  Seeing people who are struggling reminds me of the way I was and why I want to remain sober.  And by being there, I have the potential of helping someone else.  The stuff I don't identify with I just do my best to not let bother me.  And if it gets bad there, I don't have to go back.  I can find another meeting or even just read the literature.  The literature helped me a lot.
    • Ladypcnj
      Happiness to me is when I reached a turning point in my life, that I stop worrying what others think about me, and start living my life. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.