• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming Out Post

mochi90

Last night, I created a new Fb account using my preferred name, gender, and pronouns. Now, I am feeling obligated to my a formal coming out post. Would it be alright for me to say something like this: 

Guys, I am a guy now. A boy. A man, and whether you knew it or not, I always was one. I have made the decision to transition psychically (spellcheck?), and I would like you all to be there with me for that journey. 

I understand it may be hard for some of you to let go of *insert deadname*, but I can promise you that even if the outside changes, I will always be the same person. 

Thank you for understanding, and if you have any questions for me, I will do my best to answer them. 

Is this good? 

• Forum Moderator

I think its short and to the point.  This means you will be socially transitioning.   Medically is when you start hormones and/or have surgeries.    

(I think the word you want is "physically")

Jani

I agree with Jani. 

Can I ask why a new fb account? I tried the same thing for a week or so and realized it was going to be a huge feat to re-request friends when they’re all already on my regular one. I ended up just changing my name, sex, and profile pics. It was much easier that way. Just a thought. ?

Kirsten 

• Admin

I think your message is fine.  i like the fact that you're inviting people to ask questions if they have them.  Best of luck to you.

Carolyn Marie

8 hours ago, Kirsten said:

I agree with Jani. 

Can I ask why a new fb account? I tried the same thing for a week or so and realized it was going to be a huge feat to re-request friends when they’re all already on my regular one. I ended up just changing my name, sex, and profile pics. It was much easier that way. Just a thought. ?

Kirsten 

I had a lot of friends on my old account that I didn't even know or care for because I added a lot of people for games when I was struggling with online gaming addiction. Not only that but there were a lot of memories associated with that account from when I was married or dating that I just wanted to leave behind. I think creating a new account was the right choice for me. 

I made the post on FB, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Anyone with anything negative to say has been kind enough to keep it to themselves. My mom did try to call me right after I made the post, but I did not take the call because she is not the most supportive person.