• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Finding out I may have a 23 year old daughter,I am mad at this ex of mine already.She did mess around when we dated back in high school.Basically lied to me saying I wasn't the father at first.Told her I want a paternity test done and is going to happen.This daughter of hers,she doesn't know dad is a woman now and I will be truthful to her

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Survived my first trans group meeting. Surprise, my gender therapist is the group moderator. I started out feeling very uncomfortable but by the end of the hour I was relaxed and laughing with the group.

Hurray!

TA

New girlfriend in my life,I am bisexual liking transwomen too which my husband is supportive of.Her name is Ashley and is a post op transsexual.Met two weeks ago and is going good.Last one ended after deciding to have the GCS.Good thing is we understand each other knowing we were both born male.

12 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Finding out I may have a 23 year old daughter,I am mad at this ex of mine already.She did mess around when we dated back in high school.Basically lied to me saying I wasn't the father at first.Told her I want a paternity test done and is going to happen.This daughter of hers,she doesn't know dad is a woman now and I will be truthful to her

OMG I could not even imagine this.  How very sad to of been kept from a child all these years.  I would definitely insist on a paternity test.

9 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Survived my first trans group meeting. Surprise, my gender therapist is the group moderator. I started out feeling very uncomfortable but by the end of the hour I was relaxed and laughing with the group.

Hurray!

I have yet to attend a group.  My therapist was trying to get one started but during a poor weather time of the year and everyone kept calling it to cancel due to the weather. Eventually he decided to bag it as it just was not getting off the ground.  The very frist meeting he had pizza and drinks and was ready but I was the only one who showed.  So I received a free 1.5 hour session with pizza!  LOL

8 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

New girlfriend in my life,

Congrats to you!  Though I suppose I am missing part of this story it does not matter.  If you are happy then I am for you!

OK so third day as full time Shawna but my first day in another hospital.  I am ready to meet and greet everyone...again...  LOL

Have a wonderful day All!

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

This daughter of hers, she doesn't know dad is a woman now and I will be truthful to her

I'm not going to lie. that would be a weird conversation to say the least.

Kymmie

Rain, really dumping down in buckets with lightning and thunder, this morning.

More computer nightmares as it seems in upgrading my little desktop drives, I've inadvertantly snapped off a SATA connector to the DVD drive. Poo. So I'll have to figure out a replacing drive. Not a mountain, but sometimes molehills can be difficult to overcome.

Plus my laptop still needs its drive upgraded to SSD. I'm thinking trying to do any of this in a lightning storm is not the best plan.

Coffee is a good thing on mornings like this.

How is everyone else doing this morning?

TA

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I'm not going to lie. that would be a weird conversation to say the least.

Kymmie

I was taught to tell the truth.

4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

OMG I could not even imagine this.  How very sad to of been kept from a child all these years.  I would definitely insist on a paternity test.

It is and it hurts,found out this daughter of hers is hurting too.Wants to know her dad is.Did meet her this morning,did tell her and I was surprised she accepted it.Saw I was telling her the truth too.Her name is Heather and praying I am her bilogical dad.

Good morning.  Slept late today to catch up,  and feeling better for it.

Beautiful that Heather accepted it, Debra Michelle!!  The two of you may have an important connection, regardless of the biology.

2 hours ago, Ms Maddie said:

Good morning.  Slept late today to catch up,  and feeling better for it.

Beautiful that Heather accepted it, Debra Michelle!!  The two of you may have an important connection, regardless of the biology.

She has red hair,a proud redhead like me.Nose as well.

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

I’ve had a couple of busy days .  Working on my bathroom remodel finished the tile floor yesterday mowed the lawn with my walk behind instead of the tractor.  (Tractor has two flat tires).  Between these I was working on my boat.  That’s back on hold I had to order fasteners to get appropriate size stainless steel .

beautiful day here, upper 70s. Rain tonight then good weather again.

I don’t get to group meetings every month but when I go, I find it helpful.  Joining in on conversations with like people and getting to hear about their experiences is very helpful.

it is a shame that your ex had a child and apparently didn’t tell either the father or the child about the other.  If you turn out to be the father, I hope you can develop a good relationship with her.

Willow

Good morning, or afternoon.  I finally was able to get a restful sleep. Feeling better.. Recently I noticed lots of employees are wearing face masks at work. I cut out some big lips to tape to the masks as a way of lightening up the atmosphere. Paranoia is beginning to set in. That's understandable with more cases of corona-virus are showing up in Nebraska. None at my facility yet, that we know of. Second floor does have a few patients experiencing flu like symptoms. Diarrhea mostly. My floor, so far, has been spared.

on them. I'm doing what I can. Washing my hands. Keeping surfaces cleaned with disinfectant. Making sure soiled laundry is washed.

Keeping an upbeat attitude.

When I got back to work Monday I found out that the lady that was experiencing low O2 stats had passed away over the weekend. I wonder if anyone had bothered to monitor her while I was gone. The CPAP company had sent in one of their techs last Thursday night  to fix her machine. The Director of Nursing reamed out one of my night nurses for not calling them sooner. There was no reason for this. My girl did had called the support number on the CPAP and when she was unsuccessful had left a nurses note for the day shift to make a follow up calling the morning. Turns out the support company had changed hands and we didn't have the new number.  I had her leave a note to continue monitoring the patients O2 levels and recommended leaving her connected to the O2 machine because her stats dropped rapidly when she wasn't on it.  It's frustrating some times.

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear this Donnie.  Its frustrating when a simple fix (following up) was available.  

2 hours ago, Jani said:

I'm sorry to hear this Donnie.  Its frustrating when a simple fix (following up) was available.  

Communication is often a seldom used tool in nursing. The results of the  lack there of can be deadly.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:40 PM, Debra Michelle said:

A daughter. What a blessing! However it happened Life is Life. Put the anger behind you and embrace it

• Forum Moderator
On 3/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, KymmieL said:

In the waiting area  for my appointment.  Low and behold another  trans girl sits right across  from me. There is  others of us than those on the forum.  ?? who  knew.  Lol.

Kymmie. 

While shopping at my local Winco, I run into other trans individuals all the time.  I had no idea we have so many in our community living so close yet I never see them at our local support groups. I guess many just want to blend in and/or really aren’t interested in or need of support. Who knows?

Susan R?

Logging off now. Gotta catch the 7:30 number 13 bus to work.

Y'all have a peaceful night.

2 hours ago, Donnie_1961 said:

A daughter. What a blessing! However it happened Life is Life. Put the anger behind you and embrace it

I have and cooled down after that.Over that part as well.

• Forum Moderator

Seems like that other trans girl wasn't out to much. Just as I was typing that post. She moved to another part of the waiting room. Maybe she was afraid I was going to take her picture.

Still really don't know how to really approach another trans person. I am so naive.

Kymmie 

Ive only encountered a handful myself. And I live the LGBTQ capitol of the South East. *according to everyone who is not part of the community*

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all.

Just got my first cup.  Today would be my youngest granddaughter’s twelfth birthday.  She is greatly missed by all who knew her.  There was something special about her even before she got cancer.

As for running into other transgender individuals, I have seen some I have wondered if, but don’t actually  know.  I would never approach someone and ask them or presume that they were.  It’s just not what I would want someone to do to me so I wouldn’t do it to them.

Its green car season here.  Pine tree pollen.  This year is earlier and heavier than normal.  I am fortunate that I am not allergic to it but it still causes sinus problems.

well, time to feed the dog, she just reminded me.

Willow 

9 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Still really don't know how to really approach another trans person. I am so naive.

OMG me either now that I think of it.

This would be good to know I guessing. 

Though I have had zero opportunity to meet them as I have not seen them or I am still blind to it.  

So my day yesterday was a complete makeup fail.  I posted about it in the Beauty forum so I will not rehash it here.   Cliff notes:  I Looked like Beatle Juice with awesome hair.

So far the morning is going very well except I forgot my security badge and office key like an hour away from work.  I was NOT pleased with myself.  I came in super early to access an operating room to do some inspections before they got busy with it.  Its a very hard room to access during normal hours.

Forgetting my badge seriously hurt this plan.  I was looking at sitting in my car for three hours now.  well I had to pee so I at least went into the hospital.

I was lucky to have the Maintenance manager sitting just inside the locked door to there department and he let me in.  Opened my office door as its across his and then went to get me a temp security badge from HR.

I like the whole 'men do things for you' thingy.  LOL

I hope you have a wonderful day or at least try!

• Forum Moderator

Hi 

Coffee was good this morning.  I needed it as I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. 

It’s a beautiful day here in the Low Country.  Sunny and warm.  Cold front for the weekend then warming back up next week.  Definitely time to get spring chores going.

speaking of which, times a wasting.

Willow