• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

14 hours ago, Willow said:

Good evening

well first day back at work was generally good.  They made a change on our registers while I was out that has messed me up.   Got several compliments about my latest hair.  Color and style.  Found a number of past date products still on the shelf which I removed.  I guess there are only 3 of us that generally check dates and date codes. And two of us have been away.

@Adrianna Danielle  I’m sure that was quite a scare for you.  Glad you have a knowledgeable neighbor/friend who recognized symptoms and got you the care you needed.

Willow

It was a huge scare for me.This neighbor knows her medical stuff.Saw it was heart related

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recovery going well.A couple nurses that checked on me talked and they saw my estrogen patch on my left arm.Told them I am transgender been living and dressing as female for 21 years on the for 3 months and will be 4 next month.They took it well and said they have friends whom are transgender as well

55 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Recovery going well.A couple nurses that checked on me talked and they saw my estrogen patch on my left arm.Told them I am transgender been living and dressing as female for 21 years on the for 3 months and will be 4 next month.They took it well and said they have friends whom are transgender as well

Thank you for the follow up. Praying that it's a shorter recovery time instead a year. 

6 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you for the follow up. Praying that it's a shorter recovery time instead a year. 

Doctor said I come home tommorrow,everything looks good.Cardiologist said the same.Will be on anti rejection medication for the stents.

I know you are looking forward to coming home. You can get some good rest; instead of being checked on while you are trying to sleep. That's good news maybe 6-8 months then. 

27 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I know you are looking forward to coming home. You can get some good rest; instead of being checked on while you are trying to sleep. That's good news maybe 6-8 months then. 

I am.My son and his wife visited,said they are going to help out so I do not overdo things.Doctor does not want me to do any heavy work and I do listen to doctor's orders

29 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

I am.My son and his wife visited,said they are going to help out so I do not overdo things.Doctor does not want me to do any heavy work and I do listen to doctor's orders

Yeah, that is definitely good advice to follow. Probably light cardio though too. I wish you luck!

1 hour ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Doctor said I come home tommorrow,everything looks good.Cardiologist said the same.Will be on anti rejection medication for the stents.

That's wonderful news!!!! Take it slow!! You can spend the day here entertaining us!! 🙂 

• Forum Moderator
On 3/25/2024 at 11:36 AM, Adrianna Danielle said:

2 stents were put in.The nurses have been good to me.

Wow, I'm glad you didn't hold off going to the ER. Listen to your cardiologist, rest and get well soon.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Wow, I'm glad you didn't hold off going to the ER. Listen to your cardiologist, rest and get well soon.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖

Heart problems in my dad's side of the family.Dad died of a heart attack when I was 24 years old.Would not go to the ER.Cardiologist and the doctor were glad to hear I do not smoke.Asked me this and told them no.I have an allergy to cigarette and cigar smoke.Dad was a heavy smoker and did get me sick twice

Laundry is done and dinner was served. I tried to have a family meal but all I got was three bites. One said they were full and the other said their stomach was hurting. I would love to cook full meals but I don't even get the credit now. I feel so unmotivated to cook meals. This is just sad. I did get one saying it tastes good so I guess I can't say I didn't get anything out of them. Does anyone else have ungreatful kids? 

5 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

Laundry is done and dinner was served. I tried to have a family meal but all I got was three bites. One said they were full and the other said their stomach was hurting. I would love to cook full meals but I don't even get the credit now. I feel so unmotivated to cook meals. This is just sad. I did get one saying it tastes good so I guess I can't say I didn't get anything out of them. Does anyone else have ungreatful kids? 

That sounds like an irritating situation, although I think it is common in the USA.  Its a downside of our (mostly) abundant food here.  Kids who grow up without tend to vacuum up whatever they get.  My GF grew up literally having to steal to eat and ration what she could get, so she takes a very dim view of picky eaters. 

In our home, most of the food is produced here or maybe traded for with others.  We don't have much in the way of junk food or treats, so the kids grow up being used to a healthy diet.  I think that's part of why we have pretty good compliance at meal time.  Another reason is that if the kids don't eat what's served, they don't get anything else.  Hungry?  The plate comes back out.  Even if the kid isn't interested by the time another meal is served, they get the original meal again until it is eaten.  Stubbornness doesn't last beyond one or two rounds of this, as genuine hunger takes over pretty fast.  As a balance, if a dish is made a couple of times and is generally unpopular, we try to make it differently or not do it at all. 

Of course, dealing with teenagers is different than dealing with younger ones.  We've got three teenagers.  Well, one is actually an adult but he's living with us yet and working with my husband.  For them, if they don't want it they don't have to take it on their plate.  But if they take it, they're expected to eat it.  And if they want something else, they can work and buy what they want or have space to grow particular food crops that they prefer. 

Good morning, everyone! Another early day for me. Dog's been walked and fed and I've been here reading and answering for awhile already. I've had my first cup of coffee, but I need another!

I'm still on an emotional high from my first public outing. I know it will subside but I am so happy at this point. 

I had planned to make a short day trip today but things changed so little projects around the house will get done instead.

In reading Ashley's comments about her kids it reminded me of the movie Grumpy Old Men when Burgess Meridith is watching Jack Lemmon and Walter Mattheu fighting amid the ice fishing huts on a frozen lake. His comment was priceless: "Kids. Can't live with them. Can't shoot them." 🤣

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!! Be safe and be you!!!

10 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

Does anyone else have ungreatful kids? 

Yes, and not just diet. I have three children born in the US, and three stepchildren born in Israel. My children think they were deprived horribly growing up, but my stepchildren are forever thankful for what I provided them. 

My stepchildren call almost every day, my biological children almost never call. 

It must have something to do with the mentality of kids here in the US?

Doctor came and told me I am coming home today.My son is going to pick me up.Will not miss the hospital food.Will be in my chair resting when I come home.I see the cardiologist on April 9th

4 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Doctor came and told me I am coming home today.My son is going to pick me up.Will not miss the hospital food.Will be in my chair resting when I come home.I see the cardiologist on April 9th

Yeah!!! Wonderful news!!! Relax and heal up. Our thoughts are with you. 💕

• Forum Moderator

Our oldest was picky about certain foods. The other two not so much. My grandkids are somewhat picky.

So far, this week is going alright. No major problems. Coffee is going down nice and warm.

Hugs,

Kymmie

9 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Another reason is that if the kids don't eat what's served, they don't get anything else.

That's how I was raised, and how we raised our kids.  Pinto beans were a staple.

They grew up "poor" and I think are better for it compared to a lot of their contemporaries.

Came home today and it was right into my chair resting.I also had some real food,can of beef stew I heated up and ate it

• Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Came home today and it was right into my chair resting.I also had some real food,can of beef stew I heated up and ate it

That’s good news, listen to your doctors and your body. You may be asked to start a daily exercise routine and walking around the neighborhood. The worst thing you can do is become sedentary and laying around. 

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone, 

I’ve been working in the shop and preparing a few training props for shipping. So my responses and activity here has been very slow. I’m doing well just real tired. 

Hugs, 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0603.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

IMG_0603.jpeg

Couldn't be any more truthful!

14 hours ago, Ivy said:

That's how I was raised, and how we raised our kids.  Pinto beans were a staple.

They grew up "poor" and I think are better for it compared to a lot of their contemporaries.

Beans, beans, the musical fruit...

But beans and rice make a complete protein, and a pretty cheap base for any sort of meal. Since two of my partners are Hispanic and one is Asian, we use a lot of rice. Plenty of beans too, although 90% of the time they are on the form of black-eyed peas. That crop grows really well in the South no matter how hot and dry it gets.  And the Native American trio of corn, beans, and squash is a classic.  Actually, those ingredients tend to show clearly whether kids were raised with a healthy diet or not. Kids raised eating those foods luke them. Kids raised without experiencing those foods tend to reject them immediately. Rather strange.

• Forum Moderator

Hi

boy you back to work and miss lots.  No time to catch up right now. But I will.

just wanted to let everyone know I’m still here.

willow

Good morning, everyone!! The coffee upload has started for me but just in the early stages so I'm barely coherent at this point.

You've been missed @Willow - I hope all is going well with your wife and at work.

@awkward-yet-sweet We love to make beans with rice - one of our favorite meals.

No big plans for me today. Small projects around our place and probably some reading. We're going to have some rain off and on, and the temps are still too low for a lot of outdoor work.

Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!