• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

9 minutes ago, Willow said:

Frankly, I don’t trust the $4.00 cardboard viewing glasses.

I have some welding equipment, and that works pretty well.  I have watched a couple of them with that.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Davie said:

Got the eye patch off today.  Eye is improving by the hour! Sharper but most amazingly, the color correction is a wonder: true colors!!  All the colors are saturated crisp, clear, bright, contrasted, full spectrum!! Progress.

Wonderful! I am so glad to read this!

28 minutes ago, Sally Stone said:

Taking a half day at work today to do some shopping and run errands this afternoon.

Hopefully you get some respite at the same time. Stay dry!

35 minutes ago, Willow said:

But you can still get seated in the local establishments.

That's good, but a shame. When I travel, even when I was younger, I always try to find local places to go to.

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Davie said:

Sharper but most amazingly, the color correction is a wonder: true colors!!  All the colors are saturated crisp, clear, bright, contrasted, full spectrum!! Progress.

That's great news Davie.

Good morning everyone,

To safely look at the Sun, a welding helmet needs to be Shade 12 or higher, according to NASA.

There is a cool way to use paper plates to insure that the sun's damaging rays don't come in from the sides, over the top or under the bottom. This is a fun project for kids, and makes sure they don't sneak a peak under the lenses. During totality it is safe to remove your glasses, and lens filters to enjoy the night sky during the day. If you're on a hilltop or flat area there will be a 360° sunset during totality. Have fun but be safe.

I slept in this morning so I'm just now having my first mug. It's one of my favorite mugs, because I bought it in Maybell, Colorado after camping in their city park. When you're leaving Maybell, CO heading to the Flaming Gorge, Utah. There is a sign that say; Thanks for visiting. It's 128 miles to the next service station. DO YOU HAVE GAS? We turned around and went to the only gas station in town and topped off the tanks.

Eclipse shields.jpg

Eclipse shields 1.jpg

Well I finally got over whatever I had. Thank goodness. I answered 350 questions to see if I have borderline personality disorder and won't find out for a couple of weeks which is garbage. I'm trying to get the results sooner. 

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad you're feeling better @Ashley0616. Trying to rush your diagnosis could be part of your personality disorder. Let the process work, and hope it's a human reviewing it. I wouldn't want to leave this up to AI.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

1 minute ago, Mmindy said:

I'm glad you're feeling better @Ashley0616. Trying to rush your diagnosis could be part of your personality disorder. Let the process work, and hope it's a human reviewing it. I wouldn't want to leave this up to AI.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you. It's being reviewed by Dr. Upton my psychiatrist so I guess it does take time. 

Visited my co worker whom had his quad bypass which went good.Said his wife got rid of cigarettes and it was everyone of them.Burned them and he told her to do this.I am proud of him and he knows I have an allergy to cigarette smoke.Will be there to support him on quitting smoking encouraging him.Doctor was even proud of him too.It will be 3 months of him off of work

4 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Visited my co worker whom had his quad bypass which went good.Said his wife got rid of cigarettes and it was everyone of them.Burned them and he told her to do this.I am proud of him and he knows I have an allergy to cigarette smoke.Will be there to support him on quitting smoking encouraging him.Doctor was even proud of him too.It will be 3 months of him off of work

A helpful trick that got my parents to quit after smoking for 29 years straight was suckers. The more the mouth is busy the less sensation of a cigarette. It took a good amount of work but they quit and haven't had one since 1997.

• Forum Moderator

Good early morning 

Guess I really need the coffee today.  I poured my cereal, added jarred peach slices, and milk while my coffee was brewing. I got out the oj to pour a glass and started to pour it on the cereal.  Not awake or brain fail?  Either way not a good way to start out.  

Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I’m pretty sure the ASM is “being punished” for failing to follow the managers instructions.  

she normally opens every day she works but she’s getting some later start time the next two weeks.  

time to wrap up and leave .

have a good day

Willow

I'm through the most of it!

March was a strange month that entailed four bouts of vascular surgeries and a 3D scan of my torso looking for cancer. 
My cancer came out mostly clear (clear of cancer at least), but found a couple things that might cause problems in the future (degenerative bone disease being one of them). 

Therapy for my legs starts on Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to it!

Weight loss is ontrack, so my highly restrictive diet is working well. I will however have to purchase more bras soon as the bands in my current bras are fitting loose. 
Even some of the cups are a bit loose in some of them (seems I lost a bit of volume as well). 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

• Forum Moderator

My wife stopped cold turkey. one day she told me to hide all her cigarettes. She hasn't smoked in over 35 yrs. I never did. even when both parents smoked. 

Was able to sleep in a little this morning. About 45 min. until the puppy started barking. Of course, since it is the weekend woke to cold and white crap on the ground. Don't it  figure after 2 days in the upper 60s. OH, well.

Gotta go, coffee isn't pouring itself.

Kymmie

4 hours ago, Birdie said:

March was a strange month that entailed four bouts of vascular surgeries and a 3D scan of my torso looking for cancer. 

Oh my, Birdie! I was wondering if you were doing OK and it's good to see you are on the mend!

Also, Birdie gets to bra shop again? I'm sure you're super upset about that. :damm: :D

29 minutes ago, MaeBe said:

Oh my, Birdie! I was wondering if you were doing OK and it's good to see you are on the mend!

Also, Birdie gets to bra shop again? I'm sure you're super upset about that. :damm: :D

Going bra shopping today! 💞

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Said his wife got rid of cigarettes and it was everyone of them.Burned them and he told her to do this.

The person who want to give up an addiction has to be doing it for themselves. If they really don't want to quit they wont. My father quit drinking after his first bypass heart surgery, and quit smoking after his cancer surgery. I hope your friend continues to feel supported, not nagged while he battles this addiction.

Good morning everyone,

After COFFEE, and breakfast. I have some yard work to get done. We dropped down into the low 20° range last night, so I had to build a felt tent over my tulip bed last night. That meant getting up and remove it, before it steamed them this morning. Bird feeders are filled as well as the squirrel feeders. The weather person has a good forecast set for central Indiana, including a mostly clear sky on Eclipse Monday.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

5 hours ago, Birdie said:

I'm through the most of it!

My cancer came out mostly clear (clear of cancer at least), but found a couple things that might cause problems in the future (degenerative bone disease being one of them). 

Therapy for my legs starts on Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to it!

Weight loss is ontrack, so my highly restrictive diet is working well. I will however have to purchase more bras soon as the bands in my current bras are fitting loose. 
Even some of the cups are a bit loose in some of them (seems I lost a bit of volume as well). 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I was wondering what was going on. Thank you for the update and sounds great about the weight loss process. That's is the only thing I don't want is to lose my breast but I know it'll happen. Good luck on physical therapy!

16 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

A helpful trick that got my parents to quit after smoking for 29 years straight was suckers. The more the mouth is busy the less sensation of a cigarette.

I think others have used the same method.  Suckers or Jolly Rangers or Lifesavers candy.  I've noticed that my husband and GF have the same habit of putting an ink pen between their teeth.  I can always tell which ones belong to them because of the bite marks.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

The person who want to give up an addiction has to be doing it for themselves. If they really don't want to quit they wont. My father quit drinking after his first bypass heart surgery, and quit smoking after his cancer surgery. I hope your friend continues to feel supported, not nagged while he battles this addiction.

Good morning everyone,

After COFFEE, and breakfast. I have some yard work to get done. We dropped down into the low 20° range last night, so I had to build a felt tent over my tulip bed last night. That meant getting up and remove it, before it steamed them this morning. Bird feeders are filled as well as the squirrel feeders. The weather person has a good forecast set for central Indiana, including a mostly clear sky on Eclipse Monday.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

He is going to and said he should of a long time ago.They are costing him money too.His regular doctor has been on him to do it as well.

My boyfriend played one Zac Brown Band song today to me,Whatever It Is.Said it describes me since he met me and it is true.I see myself being a good wife to him one day knowing he loves and accepts me for who I am

After working all week, we've partially solved my art issue.  Before, random nerve twitches and an inability to fully control my fingers have prevented me from doing decent-quality graphic work.  But GF created a software add-on for one of my programs, and we did the first test today.  She calls it the "touch timer."  It makes my work slower than I was before my injury, but it seems to prevent almost 50% of the twitch-related errors.  We combined that with changing some of the settings on my laptop's touchpad, and adjusting the way in which the program defines changes to a file.  So, I might be able to do work more like my old quality again (although not fast enough to go back to commercial stuff.) 

Another thing that seems to help is if my husband holds me in his lap.  That seems to relax me enough to where my brain and nerves work better.   IDK why that would be?  Unfortunately, it isn't very useful....I can't just stay in his lap or laying next to him just so I can work.  I mean, can I? :please: 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

After working all week, we've partially solved my art issue.  Before, random nerve twitches and an inability to fully control my fingers have prevented me from doing decent-quality graphic work.  But GF created a software add-on for one of my programs, and we did the first test today.  She calls it the "touch timer."  It makes my work slower than I was before my injury, but it seems to prevent almost 50% of the twitch-related errors.  We combined that with changing some of the settings on my laptop's touchpad, and adjusting the way in which the program defines changes to a file.  So, I might be able to do work more like my old quality again (although not fast enough to go back to commercial stuff.) 

Another thing that seems to help is if my husband holds me in his lap.  That seems to relax me enough to where my brain and nerves work better.   IDK why that would be?  Unfortunately, it isn't very useful....I can't just stay in his lap or laying next to him just so I can work.  I mean, can I? :please: 

With any luck, once you get going you may begin to relax a bit more in yourself and steadily return toward the way you were.

Tracy

9 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I used to draw cartoons for t-shirts and local media years ago (as a hobby), and some mini strokes took that ability away from me.

My 'work around' was to take up painting instead, and I do seem to do well, but slow. 

There is always a way to work around things!

I get frustrated when I see other stroke victims at the day-centre basically give up and ask staff for help with the simplest tasks. There is one guy that refuses to push himself on a wheelchair, yet I have seen him do it just fine when no one is around. 

I'm glad to see you are trying! 😉

• Forum Moderator

Good early morning everyone, AAAAAAHHHHHHHUUUUUHHHHHGGG. dogs got me up. I could just put the puppy back in his room and go back to sleep. Which I may just do. Him I don't have to worry about going potty in the house, he can be a destructive chewer. He is a couple weeks short of a year. I worry about our doxie, he goes in the house. I don't blame him too much as he is 14, and blind from cataracts. I had a wet spot in the hall this morning.

Our youngest went on the trip with my wife. He wasn't expecting the boredom. I could have told him about the boredom.

They are do home later today.

Well just caught the puppy chewing on my shoe so he is back in his room. I'm heading back to sleep. Back later, all

Kymmie

On 4/7/2024 at 12:06 AM, KymmieL said:

My wife stopped cold turkey. one day she told me to hide all her cigarettes. She hasn't smoked in over 35 yrs. I never did. even when both parents smoked. 

I was really really REALLY lucky. At the age of 33, I woke up one morning and decided that I didn't want to smoke anymore. It was bizarre though, I still had a few packets left, and I got through them, but then, I just stopped! 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

my father smoked a pipe.  He quit when he fell asleep and burned a hole in his chaise he was maybe 85 at the time.  My mother quit and started again several times.  One day we were coming to visit.  As we were approaching in our car, we could she that she was in her favorite chair in the living room and that she was smoking.  Ok she was in her 80s it’s her house, so what.  As we walked up to her porch she quickly put the cigarette in her ashtray and covered it with a newspaper.  After a quick hello I said you might want to take the newspaper off your cigarette.  She was embarrassed but at least nothing bad happened either time.

i don’t know if she ever stopped completely before she died.

@awkward-yet-sweet do you use a stylus when you draw?  ✍️ you said said you use a touchscreen laptop would your hand relax more with a tablet or doesn’t it work that way?  I’m not an artist by any stretch of anyone's imagination and have no clue how this is done.  Tried some paint by the numbers early in life but never had the patience for the paint to dry.  And we all know what a smeared up mess that makes.  The closest I ever came to something artistic was when I made my daughter a chest out of solid cherry for my granddaughter’s keepsakes when she died.  I carved a block for the top with a rainbow. It took me a couple of tries until I got it right and I had to purchase a couple different sets of carving knives to find just the right ones for me.  I bought a very expensive dovetail jig to get the corners right I couldn’t cut one by hand to save my sole.  My father never used dovetails or even box joints on any thing he made so I never had any hands on training I just knew they were the best.

i did learn the hard way in many things in life, it doesn’t pay to buy cheap tools regardless of what they are for.  If you want something to look right when finished you need the right tool for the job and not a sloppily made one.

i have been passing on tools to my son, daughter and now granddaughter if I have things they can use.  

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

My pot of coffee has been depleted, and my day has been planned. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

Mindy🌈🐛🦋🏳️‍⚧️

IMG_0690.jpeg