• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

8 hours ago, Willow said:

Oh yeah, I forgot,    @awkward-yet-sweetwhen your husband finally breaks down and decides to replace the stoves I agree a single professional stove even out of a defunct restaurant might well be the way to go when cooking for all those kids and adults. Certainly better that the situation you describe.  Or maybe from a used restaurant supply where they have professionally cleaned and refurbished it.

I'd really love a professional stove.  There's actually one I want at Lowes, but its like $6k.  I've got plenty of money, the issue is that I'm not the queen (king?) of my den.  Or even of the kitchen.  My partner (husband's wife #1) owns that territory, and she's very attached to what she's got.  One of our stoves has 6 burners and a large oven, the other has 4 burners and a regular household sized oven.  And of course, there's always the wood-burning equipment. 

Today was interesting.  We had the first campaign fundraiser for our sheriff and my sister.  My sister is running to be constable of our township.  Pretty sure she'll win, as her opponent is an old dude who is mostly running on "Don't elect a woman for a man's job"  <_<  What's weird is our sheriff is running as a Democrat, but he's conservative.  And his Republican opponent sounds like a leftist.  Welcome to Upside-down-ville :lol:  And of course all the kids got the chance to sit in a sheriff's car, and play with the lights.

We had a barbecue lunch and a dessert auction.  I baked three apple pies for it, and I was shocked that they sold for $20 each, since my cooking isn't that great.  My partner made her famous "Chocotorta."  It's like a chocolate layer cake with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and it tastes amazing.  Usually we have it for Christmas and other really special occasions.  Two guys got into a bid war, and it sold for $175!!! 

Yep, this is politics in the South.  Barbecue, pies, and police cars.  A great way to spend a Saturday :applause:

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my time with my 2 long friends I was in the Army with.We went through the photo books and talked memories.They also found about the guy that bullied and sexually assaulted me.He is in prison,sexually assaulted and raped 2 women off base.Doing a 40 year sentence for this and was dishonorable discharged

• Forum Moderator

So, we left for lunch in our Taos, talked and went to the dealer and came home with the Cadillac.  

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning to you @KymmieL from the Eastern Time Zone where it early afternoon.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thanks, Mindy. It has been so far. Tomorrow, work some more on the wife's grand monkey. Got the right side of the hood primed, just need to do a little more work on the left then I can prime it. Then a 600grit wet sand.

I promised the wife we would take out the bike this weekend.

Kymmie

Good morning, everyone!!

My wife and I had our yearly Kentucky Derby Day evening. Dresses, heels, hats, Mint Juleps and a light dinner while watching the festivities and races. Relaxing and fun. I think we'll do the same for the Preakness in two weeks.

It's rainy and cool here today so it's pretty much going to keep me indoors. Ahh, well. A day of rest.

Enjoy and be safe!!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

woke up to some light rain this morning.  Maybe I should run out with a giant umbrella to cover the car.   Ha ha ha.  

I’ve had really nice cars before but never something like this. 

@KymmieL I hope you got to go on your ride. Back when I had my Harley we went out for a ride almost every weekend. We would head either SW down the Shenandoah Valley or Skyline Drive which danced along the tops of the Mountains or we would head west into West Virginia and just travel along until it was time to find our way home.

occasionally I wish I still had a bike but I usually quickly for get that. The only thing I ever wanted as a young person that I never had was a late 50s vette.  

On 5/3/2024 at 2:41 PM, Mmindy said:

hopefully the company will offer your wife a moving package

No luck there, really. She's getting a signing bonus plus a little extra that I don't think would cover much in the way of the move, but it is something!

On 5/3/2024 at 7:27 PM, Birdie said:

Being admitted into the hospital after a long ER visit.

Oh my! I am glad to hear you're not passing anymore blood. I hope they figure it out soon! How distressing!

@April Marie @KymmieL @Mirrabooka @Willow @Justine76, thank you for the kind words and thoughts! We told our best friends last night. There were many tears. Now it's all about the work: selling the house (my wife's friend's son said he may want to buy it direct!), a job (a former employee of mine wants to bring me over to his company--and they're based outside of Tacoma!), and moving (just started going through what we don't want bring and donating things). So things have kicked off.

I'm not so sure of the job, it would be good to work with my former employee (he's great) but I fear the culture may not be super welcoming to someone like me--and the guy doesn't know I'm trans in any way. But I'll give it a shot as my authentic self and see what happens!

• Forum Moderator
46 minutes ago, MaeBe said:

But I'll give it a shot as my authentic self and see what happens!

That's all the matters.

Well me and the wife rode to Perkins for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food. Being it is Sunday There are a few gentleman in suits, my guess from church. I think to myself. I hope I never have to wear one of those monkey suits ever again. Now a nice dress maybe.

Hugs,

Kymmie

5 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

I hope I never have to wear one of those monkey suits ever again. Now a nice dress maybe.

I'm sure you'd rock it, girl!

22 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I'd really love a professional stove.  There's actually one I want at Lowes, but its like $6k.  I've got plenty of money, the issue is that I'm not the queen (king?) of my den.  Or even of the kitchen.  My partner (husband's wife #1) owns that territory, and she's very attached to what she's got.  One of our stoves has 6 burners and a large oven, the other has 4 burners and a regular household sized oven.  And of course, there's always the wood-burning equipment. 

Today was interesting.  We had the first campaign fundraiser for our sheriff and my sister.  My sister is running to be constable of our township.  Pretty sure she'll win, as her opponent is an old dude who is mostly running on "Don't elect a woman for a man's job"  <_<  What's weird is our sheriff is running as a Democrat, but he's conservative.  And his Republican opponent sounds like a leftist.  Welcome to Upside-down-ville :lol:  And of course all the kids got the chance to sit in a sheriff's car, and play with the lights.

We had a barbecue lunch and a dessert auction.  I baked three apple pies for it, and I was shocked that they sold for $20 each, since my cooking isn't that great.  My partner made her famous "Chocotorta."  It's like a chocolate layer cake with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and it tastes amazing.  Usually we have it for Christmas and other really special occasions.  Two guys got into a bid war, and it sold for $175!!! 

Yep, this is politics in the South.  Barbecue, pies, and police cars.  A great way to spend a Saturday :applause:

Heck I didn't even know they could go up that high! I just have a four burner and one to keep stuff warm. What kind of pies did you make?

21 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Had my time with my 2 long friends I was in the Army with.We went through the photo books and talked memories.They also found about the guy that bullied and sexually assaulted me.He is in prison,sexually assaulted and raped 2 women off base.Doing a 40 year sentence for this and was dishonorable discharged

I hope he gets what he deserves. 

19 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I hope he gets what he deserves. 

He deserves it,is a disgrace

5 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

Heck I didn't even know they could go up that high! I just have a four burner and one to keep stuff warm. What kind of pies did you make?

I made apple pies, since we have apple trees here.  A classic, simple recipe, everything made from scratch.  We can make just about any kind of pie here - pecan, apple, pear, peach, blackberry.... 

I think the 6-burner stove came from an old diner.  So, technically a restaurant stove, just a small one.  It probably came from an auction, as my partner usually has an eye for deals. 

This stove has 8 burners:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/FORNO-48-in-4-32-cu-ft-2-26-cu-ft-Steam-cleaning-Double-Oven-Convection-Gas-Range-Stainless-steel/1003096398?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-app-_-ggl-_-PLA_APP_186_Cooking-_-1003096398-_-online-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286890&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj86BiPj3hQMVeTbUAR2m5wexEAQYASABEgI9tvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This one is the one I would love to have...it has 10:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/FORNO-Galiano-Gold-Professional-60-inch-Freestanding-Gas-Range/5013821825?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-app-_-ggl-_-PLA_APP_186_Cooking-_-5013821825-_-online-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286890&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj86BiPj3hQMVeTbUAR2m5wexEAQYDSABEgIt__D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

wow, this is what 6 AM looks like not looking out the windows at work. Interesting week of start times 7,8,7,7,4.  ASM is off most of the week.  

No coffee this morning, at least not until I get to work.  I’m going to see if no coffee makes a difference in how I feel today, I’ve head a headache for several days now, nothing has helped.  I do realize that stopping coffee cold turkey can bring on caffeine withdrawal headaches so I expect today to be no better.  But I’m hoping for tomorrow.  Today is just to see what if any affect it has on my throat.

time to fix my hair and walk the dog before I motor across the road.  Cherri o .

keep a stiff upper lip and all that stuff.  (Sorry, nothing the least bit funny coming to mind this morning, you’ll have to entertain yourself today}

Been a good morning so far.Another ex GF and I did meet up last night.She has not see me since 1997.It was a little shock for her to see I changed at first.Good thing is she has accepted knowing I live a much happier life.Said she saw I was hurting inside.

Green tea and a granola bar this morning (haven't eaten it yet tho)

6 mins into the school day and I wanna go home, I am not feeling it today lol

10 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I think the 6-burner stove came from an old diner. 

My son has an industrial type stove on their farm.  I think he got it used online, he gets stuff online a lot.  Burns propane.  It is pretty nice.  I did use it when I was farm sitting for them.  But definitely overkill for someone like me living with a house-mate daughter.  We do our own cooking for the most part.  We also keep very different hours.

14 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Heck they took off three grand on that one. That is massive! Then again your nest isn't small either so I guess would definitely come in handy.

1 hour ago, Ashley0616 said:

Heck they took off three grand on that one. That is massive! Then again your nest isn't small either so I guess would definitely come in handy.

Yeah, it would be awesome to have something new, and it would fit the space pretty well.  We have kitchen counters big enough to process whole deer, goats, large amounts of vegetables, etc.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't even convince our "den queen" to let me have counter space in our downstairs kitchenette for a Keurig.  🙄

1 minute ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't even convince our "den queen" to let me have counter space in our downstairs kitchenette for a Keurig.  🙄

WOW! Did she give a reason at least? It's not like it takes up that much space.

Got accosted in a grocery store parking lot this morning by someone out on a petition drive (in my state, citizens can gather petition signatures to advance ballot measures; I'm always a little cautious about encountering petition drives "in the wild" because unless it's an issue that's been talked about *a lot* it can also be used as a way to just gather voter information).

ANYWAY, the person with the clipboard is presumable cis male and aggressive and I'm AFAB, genderfluid, dressed pretty androgenously this morning and this guy hollars across the parking lot asking "young lady" if I'm a registered voter.

Informed him I'm neither young nor a lady (guy was at least a decade younger than me, maybe more) and wasn't interested in the petition anyway.

"Oh, so I guess you're just offended then."

"YEP!"

:D

Well today was mostly sleeping so far. I woke up at around 0600 and made sure my oldest was ready for school. I came back down on the computer chair and next thing I knew it was 0953. I went through speech therapy for myself. Next thing I realize it's 1300 and apparently went to sleep again. I knew I slept last night but whew apparently not enough. 

3 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

WOW! Did she give a reason at least? It's not like it takes up that much space.

Well, the counter space in the kitchenette is pretty Limited. But also cost, and usefulness. I guess she is mostly right, and it isn't really important.

• Forum Moderator

Wow what a busy day today.  Clearly the summer crowd is coming into town.  Doesn’t hurt that we have a PGA event here.  It is limited to 100 players. But the spectators is where the crowd is.

i alone more than doubled my usual sales.  

we keep hearing thunderstorms however they are staying just west of us for now. The storms in western Tennessee right now are supposed to be here in the morning.

1 hour ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Well, the counter space in the kitchenette is pretty Limited. But also cost, and usefulness. I guess she is mostly right, and it isn't really important.

I can understand that. My Keurig is used for hot water mostly and when my mom comes. I mostly use a regular coffee maker. I have had that for 5 years now. I had a Bunn but it didn't last long. I also have a French press and rarely use that. I would love to get a cappuccino maker but that is for later on. Starbucks is getting expensive. My kids favorite thing there is the cake pops. I found out that Walmart Neighborhood Market has them. Typical me getting off topic. lol