• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

5 hours ago, Ivy said:

OMG.  I'm glad it wasn't worse, and you were able to get on it quickly.  Lots of blood can be scary.

Oh yes. It was not fun cleaning it up but he is better.

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Birdie said:

I asked AI to create an image of myself 30 years younger based off my avatar on another site and this was the result:

1731386670_Screenshot_20240427-1525502.thumb.png.37b67f4d7de5ec6fcfaee293d82ec756.png

Wow! I am amazed how close it got my 30 year old face!

Very nice!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

@Ashley0616. So glad it wasn’t worse.  I did something similar when I was maybe 8. I was playing outside barefoot and stepped on a piece of broken glass. My mother zoomed into action when I told her.  

@awkward-yet-sweet welcome back to the working world. Mental work is just as tiring as physical but both feel good.  It’s a different kind of tired when you wake up.

@Birdie what a beautiful young woman you were.

i made a pot since it’s Sunday. Last time for a while I’ll be grinding beans.  Somehow I messed up and bought already ground the last time.  I know I was in a bit of a rush at the time.  That just doesn’t pay.  Slow down and take the time to read the package.  

at least we can use this up making single cups too.  We have a replacement for the pod holder that allows you to use ground coffee or tea leaves. I suppose herbs could be used if that’s your thing but it’s never been this girl’s.  (Like I said too conservative and goody two shoes)

Well here I sit in my sleep sweatshirt from Buc-ee’s while the dog is signaling she would like to go out.

i suppose I should finish up and get ready for the day.  And a nice one it will be. Mostly sunny high of 76.  I should go sit by the pool this afternoon.

Willow

16 hours ago, Birdie said:

I asked AI to create an image of myself 30 years younger based off my avatar on another site and this was the result:

1731386670_Screenshot_20240427-1525502.thumb.png.37b67f4d7de5ec6fcfaee293d82ec756.png

Wow! I am amazed how close it got my 30 year old face!

Age is but a number. You have something to aspire to now!

1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

Age is but a number. You have something to aspire to now!

Quite right mate! I have been letting my hair grow out again (I cut it all off when I was 18). 

I'll never look this good: IMG-20240427-WA0012.thumb.jpg.f24b878a313fd3764a711c618aed3ce8.jpg

But I'll aspire to look my best! ☺️

• Forum Moderator
14 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Quite right mate! I have been letting my hair grow out again (I cut it all off when I was 18). 

I'll never look this good: IMG-20240427-WA0012.thumb.jpg.f24b878a313fd3764a711c618aed3ce8.jpg

But I'll aspire to look my best! ☺️

That is all that is necessary. I did the same thing. I must have gotten something wrong.

doofenwitch.thumb.JPG.fd09a83e836aa7fba4d85fb11d0b632a.JPG

Been a good day.Cleaned my closet of clothes that I do not wear anymore and do not fit me.It looks better now.Came down to my newest property beside mine,owner passed and I inherited it.There was a double wide there that was removed,it was in bad shape.It is the shop part I am keeping which I got the tools,shop equipment,benches,hoists and shelving too.

Seems the stuffy day-centre has swapped out Psychiatric Services and therapy to the local BSA hospital. BSA works closely with the local university and is much more gender accepting than the day-centre. The day-centre's psychiatrist wanted to treat me for gender dysphoria by correcting it. 🙄

I logged into MyChart app at the hospital and updated my preferred name (Birdie) and preferred gender marker for them to use. 

I'll try and get a referral for gender therapy at the hospital as well. 

Nevada is my place of birth and I found out changing the gender marker on my birth certificate there only requires a letter from a licensed therapist, but a name change still requires a court order. 

Changing the gender marker to female would at least be one step in the right direction, then I could renew my ID to state female instead. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

On this date in 1972 it was a Saturday. I  made a pledge to love and honor my wife and keep her forsaking all others.  I have kept those vows and here we are celebrating our 52nd anniversary still together.  Still caring for each other through sickness and in health.  Still sharing our lives.

Other than that, it’s another day near the beach.  80 and mostly sunny.  

I found a ‘17 GMC Acadia yesterday I want to take a look at.  It’s a bit more than I wanted to spend but it’s doable. Only 69k miles on it, with the low mileage I put on cars these days it probably won’t ever hit 100k if I do beget it.  Low mileage now is  likely because it was a leased car at some point. Those usually get pretty good care and not a lot of miles.  It would be similar in size to my Ford, 7 passenger seating but a more basic trim which is fine.  It only has a 4 cyl engine so potentially rather under powered for a relatively large SUV.  The ford has a 4.0liter 6 which is a bit large for cars these days.  Instead of full time all wheel drive, it apparently has 4 modes, 2, 4, sport (what ever that is, I presume it’s over drive turned off) and anti slip.  It’s probably not going to happen but I am keeping my eyes open for a good deal. The old Ford is just that, an old worn out Ford.  Since I bought the Ford I’ve only put about 10k miles on it in 6 years.  My daughter once had an Acadia, top trim package.  When she was driving back and forth to work close to 100 miles per day and going to Philadelphia every week another 500 or more.  For her the miles added up fast.

still keeping my eyes open.  This is about the right age and size but I was hoping to spend about $2000 less.

Other than that I hope to meet with my minister today about paper topics for my class submission.

Other than that Monday is laundry day so I’ll be doing several loads of laundry today.  

I put on a neutral gel nail polish last night.  I tried this before, however, I don’t believe I correctly understood the how to get a good result so I was more careful this time.  All I want it’s to give my bpfinger nails enough strength to grow out just a little and stop tearing.

Well, I need to call to make an urology appointment.  

@Birdiei was born in Ohio and until Lamda Legal sued them you could not get a sex change on a birth certificate for any reason.  Now you can.  In South Carolina a name change requires $300 and a form filled out and filed with the clerk of courts.  But a gender change requires a birth certificate with the new gender listed.  I am hoping they will permit gender X eventually but right now the state is too Red to do any such thing.

Willow

7 hours ago, Birdie said:

I logged into MyChart app at the hospital and updated my preferred name (Birdie) and preferred gender marker for them to use. 

I'll try and get a referral for gender therapy at the hospital as well. 

This morning I went to see my vascular surgeon at the Hospital network and the staff and doctor all referred to me as ma'am. It seems the new settings on MyChart are already current and staff are following my preferred pronouns and name (my appointment papers all have my obviously male name on them).

It's quite refreshing until returning to the day-centre where they again go out-of-their-way to call me "Sir". 🙄

On 4/28/2024 at 7:04 AM, Willow said:

@awkward-yet-sweet welcome back to the working world. Mental work is just as tiring as physical but both feel good.  It’s a different kind of tired when you wake up.

Its only temporary...just til I get the current project done.  Actually, even back when I was working, I always worked from home.  Usually curled up in a corner with my headphones on.  In those days, it was just me and my GF and my sister.  I'd wake up when GF went to work, and my sister didn't have a job so we just stayed home.  She was still trying to be a writer.  But now it seems like everybody is up early, either for work or with all the kids.  Not much chance to stay in my nest through the morning now.

7 hours ago, Willow said:

I found a ‘17 GMC Acadia yesterday I want to take a look at.  It’s a bit more than I wanted to spend but it’s doable. 

It only has a 4 cyl engine so potentially rather under powered for a relatively large SUV.  The ford has a 4.0liter 6 which is a bit large for cars these days.

Congrats on your anniversary, BTW.

The Acadia might be decent for you.  I actually saw one of those after an accident.  Totally smashed, but the people inside hardly had a scratch.  I guess they're pretty safe.  IDK about a 4 cylinder engine for an SUV, though.  Around here, even that 4.0 6-cylinder would be considered "small."  I have the only 4 and 6 cylinder passenger cars in my family, actually.  My ancient Chevy Lumina has a 6 cylinder, and my Mazda Miata has a 4 cylinder.  They are appropriately "fox-sized."  All the rest are some flavor of V8, either the Ford modular engine or some variation of Hemi. 

7 hours ago, Birdie said:

Changing the gender marker to female would at least be one step in the right direction, then I could renew my ID to state female instead. 

Would getting a new ID change how the day center handles you?  I would think it would be tough for them to justify treating you different from what your ID says...

3 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Would getting a new ID change how the day center handles you?  I would think it would be tough for them to justify treating you different from what your ID says...

That is what I am hoping!

Good day at work,new co worker my boss hired is pretty good.I witnessed him working and said he is like me,do not sit around doing nothing.New tool dealer came in,Cornwell dealer and he is a great guy.Bought a Milwaukee M18 3/4 drive impact wrench from him,most of my cordless tools are Milwaukee and he saw that.

Happy anniversary @Willow!

Good luck, @Birdie!

Congratulations on the new gear @Adrianna Danielle!

My family is currently considering a big move. My wife applied for and received an offer for a job in WA. If all things are equal I am down for a change of scenery, but it’s not that simple. Much maths are about to happen…wish me luck! ;)

3 minutes ago, MaeBe said:

Happy anniversary @Willow!

Good luck, @Birdie!

Congratulations on the new gear @Adrianna Danielle!

My family is currently considering a big move. My wife applied for and received an offer for a job in WA. If all things are equal I am down for a change of scenery, but it’s not that simple. Much maths are about to happen…wish me luck! ;)

Needed,my 3/4 drive air impact is about to give out.Bought it from Harbor Freight 13 years ago and got my money out of it

• Forum Moderator

Good evening

@Adrianna Danielle wow 13 years out of a harbor freight tool.  That’s amazing, and lucky.  I read an article recently about how harbor freight does make inexpensive tools. It seems that some percentage of them are expected to fail in some manner.  However they are typically made with the same laborers  parts design as name brand high end tools.  If you get a good one it can last for a long time.

• Forum Moderator

Well I got some terrible news today. My therapist is a doctoral intern at the VA. Her internship is ending the end of July. Normally interns just continue with the VA after their degree is done. However, VA has a hiring freeze on. So, I am going to loose one of the best therapists I have ever had. One that actually cares about me. I do have a few months till she leaves, Thankfully.

Other than that. my wife and youngest are both sick. Don't know if they got it worse that I had on Thurs/Friday. Or I am destine to get it too.

I've got tools that range from cheapy flea market stuff all the way up to high grade, Mac and Snap-on. Most have lasted me for quite a long time. I am diligently trying to keep my happy arse out or the Snap-on truck when he comes every Thurs. So far, I have resisted. But the temptation is there.

Kymmie

51 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good evening

@Adrianna Danielle wow 13 years out of a harbor freight tool.  That’s amazing, and lucky.  I read an article recently about how harbor freight does make inexpensive tools. It seems that some percentage of them are expected to fail in some manner.  However they are typically made with the same laborers  parts design as name brand high end tools.  If you get a good one it can last for a long time.

We use a ton of Harbor Freight stuff here.  They have pretty good warranty, too, I guess.  GF beats all heck out of sockets and things, and if she takes them back they get replaced for free.  Harbor Freight was junk 20 years ago, but its really good now.  Craftsman used to be good 20 years ago, but now its junk (but they still want to charge made-in-the-usa prices).  Dewalt is now Chinese also, when it used to be made in Germany.  Older Dewalt tools are good, but GF got a really bad hand injury a few years ago from a Chinese Dewalt drill bit that shattered.  Some of the name brands just aren't what they used to be. 

Good morning, everyone! We're back from a short vacation with friends to the mountains of NC. It was a fun time driving the twisty mountain roads.

Now it's back to reality of cutting grass, washing windows and putting in screens and putting out the porch furniture. Coming home to warmer weather than when we left is glorious.

Happy Anniversary @Willow

I hope your family is feeling better @KymmieL - my wife and I shared a stomach virus several weeks ago that was horrid.

Hang in there @Birdie, it will all work out!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Morning y'all, fingers crossed for everyone who has stuff going on.

Welcome back to reality @April Marie, enjoy your improving weather!

Why is it that we humans always take too long to acclimatize to the changing seasons, especially when it gets colder like it is here? Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age, lol.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

I hope you’re ready for a beautiful day. We’ve had several days of rain and this morning was a clear sunrise leading into a near summer like day. My tulips have dropped all their petals so now it’s time to fill in around them with pansies. 

I’m just finishing up my second cup of coffee and getting ready for a day in the shop putting the final touches on a propane training prop. Simulating a bulk transport tank. 

Best wishes, stay motivated,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0758.jpeg

9 hours ago, KymmieL said:

So, I am going to loose one of the best therapists I have ever had. One that actually cares about me.

That sux.  I'm in a similar situation with my VA therapist.  She wasn't an intern, but got moved to a different position.  I was really comfortable with her (she was part of the queer community)  I'm supposed to meet with a new one in June.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

it’s back to work today. Noon.  Turned down another car.  Yes it was everything they said it was but not exactly what I wanted.

@awkward-yet-sweet you are right, when tools were made in the US like the Black and Decker/DeWalt line made in Baltimore or Rockwell Delta Milwaukee and so many others.  But now they are all made in the same factories overseas using the same parts.  It is really difficult to get good tools anymore.  I am slowly switching any power tools to battery operated, but that also means you have to stick to one brand so that you don’t have lots of incompatible batteries and chargers.  In some cases like DeWalt verses Black and Decker.  I started with DeWalt so there I am.  And now they are moving from 20v to 40v.  Anything to keep you buying new.  

As for craftsman they always had a warrantied for for life and a line that wasn’t, they just didn’t tell customers that until you tried to get it replaced.  My wrenches are all from before Sears went out and had a lifetime warranty but that is worthless now because it would be replaced the junk.

Willow