• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, on my 2nd cup here, and reflecting a bit on Dr King's legacy, the gains realized and promoted thanks to him in the realm of social justice seemingly under attack today. Bless you Dr King.

The total lunar eclipse last night was visible here, the clouds parted and we got a nice view of it. Should be a nice day here.

C -

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Coffee Sunday was quite strong!  Folgers.  I didn’t make it.  The day started out nice but by 9:30 the wind started.  

Today is a Sunny beautiful day but cold.  No snow or rain.  

Stay safe.  

Good luck with the new job, Josie!

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all!❤

Crystal clear sky last night in -0°'s. But I'm awfully glad that eclipse is done. Being Timber Wolf? and it being the wolf moon, the eclipse apparently cursed me. About the time it must have started, all heck broke loose. Missing vehicles at work, freak accidents, everything. Cut hand, skinned knee.? Wow, apparently curses really do exist. But today's a new day.? The sun is shining, it's cold (-8°), a beautiful morning!

Lots of love and a good morning hug,

Timber Wolf?

I had a car problems too.  I think timber wolf must have something there.  Flying back to Pennsylvania today.  Attended a wedding for the daughter of my best friend.  The bride was absolutely gorgeous.  The wedding was so beautiful I cryed my eyes out.  Unfortunately weddings are a major trigger for dysphoria but it was every bit worth it.  

Having lemon tea and getting ready to return to the land of ice and cold.

have a fantastic day everyone.

hugs 

adaline

• Forum Moderator

I stayed up to look at the blood moon too.  Cool!  (really, it was 4 degrees)  

I need to clear the snow from yesterday but its only 5deg now and it won't get much warmer.  Since there is no mail being delivery I will wait until Tuesday morn when it will be in the 20's.  The snow is very powdery so it will be easy to move.  

I hope your flight is uneventful Adaline.  You'll get your moment to celebrate weddings as yourself some day.  

Jani

I’m probably going to wait for it to warm up a little before venturing out into the cold today. I’m running out of my soy milk so it’s not something I can put off until later. I’m probably going to be working for 9 days straight unless something changes during training week. I’m not even sure what time I get off each day. 

With this cold wearing me out I didn’t even think about looking at the night sky. I just fell asleep early and woke up several times later. Usually to take medicine again. I always seem to miss the wonders of nature like that eclipse. It’s the curse of slave labor and probably also living in a city where lights interfere with the night sky. I haven’t seen a beautiful night sky for quite some time.

• Forum Moderator

Hi,  I've been in a bit of a funk for the past week.  Basically, because I was feeling like I was stuck between how I felt about myself and not wanting to upset the apple cart with my wife.  She recognized that I was upset and kept asking what was wrong.  I didn't tell her beyond it was nothing she had said or done. 

She got a free makeover at ULTA on Saturday.  She made a comment about not wanting a guy to do her makeup and waited until she could get an older woman.  She thought I was upset by that since at least one of them was clearly not cisgender male.  (enough said there).  I said no that I didn't care about that and that it didn't offend me.  

When she got back from her appointment with our therapist today, she suggested that we should talk.  Long story short:  She offered to do my makeup.  She offered that we could or should go away for a few days and that I could dress while we were away!  This was an amazing thing for her to offer to me.  We've gone from her not wanting any part of my dysphoria when I first came out to her, to this.  She said she discussed this with the therapist and he was ok with it.  I couldn't believe it.  She figured out what I needed and made it all possible.  I've gone from funk to quite happy and she made it all possible.

Willow

PS she said we could shop for an outfit for me but that she gets one too.  Like I'd complain about that!

• Forum Moderator

Very nice news and progress Willow.   Taking your time and not letting your wife get too stressed out is paying dividends.  Cherish her! 

Now pick out something nice that will help you blend in when you're out and about with her.  You don't want to stand out (too much)!

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Jani.  And your advise nine months ago was right on.  I ‘Ve done my best not to push and allow her to figure things out.  She’s still not fully there but this is a huge change in attitude.  I’m feeling very fortunate to have her right now.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Wow, nine months already!  Time flies.  Seems you're both moving along well. 

Hugs, Jani

Omg. I neeeeed coffee this morning. It’s cold out and drafty inside. I’m not waking up very easily today, and I’m dreading going to work this morning. Only two more days of slave labor! Then I start my new job. I don’t even care about fancy coffee I just want caffeine. It’s going to be a long day.

11 hours ago, Willow said:
11 hours ago, Willow said:

She offered to do my makeup.  She offered that we could or should go away for a few days and that I could dress while we were away!

Willow this is fantastic.  I’m so happy for you.  It brought back memories of when my wife would allow this.  Those where the best of times.  Things are a little more complicated for me but I think you have a great shot of making this work.  

Just take it slow and give her time to adjust.  Enjoy the journey.

hugs

adaline

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Adaline. It’s been difficult for both of us but I’m feeling blessed and that maybe we’ve turned a corner.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well my morning coffee was a success and I got my rear end in gear and moving quite nicely this morning so I’m actually early sitting in front of my loft warming up my little Volvo all-wheel-drive soccer mom mobile. Sitting here I realized that the beautiful new staircase that was just constructed days ago is such a beautiful thing, the old one was rotting and falling apart and always risked dumping me on the ground every time I tried to use it, and of course I only have one good leg so it’s quite the chore to get up and down the stairs but this one is so much better. It actually has a handrail on the left as well and really works well for me I love this new staircase!F959B264-BA9E-4345-93D5-872846F232FA.thumb.jpeg.c6ea38de02c3ce64fa2b4c0ce1e8f715.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Well just got off the phone with VA. Rescheduled an appointment for today. I'm not going on the roads after a snow storm. Also mad an appointment for my PCP to get started on HRT. Now its hurry up and wait first available is Feb 22. So the waiting game is here. LOL

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Thats beautiful Jackie!  Be careful going up and down.  

Sorry to hear of your delay Kymmie.

Its nice and sunny here today but only up to 20 degrees, a veritable heatwave!  Ha! 

• Forum Moderator

Nice job on the stairs Jackie.  

Kymmie, I'm learning that this journey is fraught with delays, but time passes and we get to where we want to go sooner than we think.  Hang in there.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well I got to the office after my scheduled appointment at Kaiser with my therapist, I immediately sucked down my one cup of coffee I allow myself, one really big cup that I have to press the button on the Keurig twice to accomplish!

My therapist and I went over the bottom surgery details and I am now scheduled for surgery consultation. I plan on attending the three hour bottom surgery class in Oakland sometime in April, I hope to be taking someone very close to me that Typically goes with me to consultations and is one of my recovery care people that I will be asking to lean upon.  part of me thinks this all takes so long to accomplish and the other part of me realizes it’s all happening so fast, so many things to prepare for and so much to think about, what an exciting time to be alive !

Hey Jackie, 

I’m so happy for you.  It must feel so wonderful to reach those goals and have the confidence to know what you want.  I had an appointment with my  psychiatrist this afternoon and after giving me yet another prescription for another round of pills to try, she said that I really just need to end the conflict and make a decision.  You have done that and look at you.

Again, super happy.  Keep us updated.

hugs 

adaline

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, jae bear said:

part of me thinks this all takes so long to accomplish and the other part of me realizes it’s all happening so fast,

Yes there are certainly competing narratives going on.  Stay focused!  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Great news Jackie.  

On a personal note, my wife and I did some retail therapy tonight.  A little bit of yours, mine and ours.  Some things we can share as we are the same size for tops.  Some we can't (i am significantly taller than she is) but i can say that I am starting a wardrobe of things and we are trying to figure out a short trip we can take together as soon as possible.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jani said:

Yes there are certainly competing narratives going on.  Stay focused!  

Jani

I couldn’t agree with you more Jani, I find that I nearly need to write these things down and start processing everything, so much to do and so much to think about, I suppose the good thing is I’m not full of questions anymore, I know exactly what it is I need to achieve and what I want, there’s no question about that anymore, it’s just a matter of logistics now, the result brings a smile to my face and I can’t imagine I’m finally here!

It’s funny, hard to describe really, Jackie is real now, she runs the show and has full control, it’s Bizzarre describing myself in the third person though, that is the reality and I couldn’t imagine my life not culminating to this point, honestly it should’ve happened long ago but I fought with myself for so many years for so many reasons. Yet here we are, at last...

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, jae bear said:

My therapist and I went over the bottom surgery details and I am now scheduled for surgery consultation. I plan on attending the three hour bottom surgery class in Oakland sometime in April,  what an exciting time to be alive !

I just found this above and wanted to wish you the best as things come together Jackie. It is a lot to process for sure, there is certainly a lot of talent in the area (I know)....

Best

C -

PS - the timer is set for the coffee tomorrow morning...

22 hours ago, jae bear said:

Well my morning coffee was a success and I got my rear end in gear and moving quite nicely this morning so I’m actually early sitting in front of my loft warming up my little Volvo all-wheel-drive soccer mom mobile. Sitting here I realized that the beautiful new staircase that was just constructed days ago is such a beautiful thing, the old one was rotting and falling apart and always risked dumping me on the ground every time I tried to use it, and of course I only have one good leg so it’s quite the chore to get up and down the stairs but this one is so much better. It actually has a handrail on the left as well and really works well for me I love this new staircase!F959B264-BA9E-4345-93D5-872846F232FA.thumb.jpeg.c6ea38de02c3ce64fa2b4c0ce1e8f715.jpeg

It's beautiful! You need to seal it now! Protect that beautiful wood!

• Forum Moderator

OK, my great big cup of coffee has been consumed and I am onto getting my morning started. Feeling very positive this morning, even though so much negative stuff seems to of happened in the last few days. Letting go of other peoples petty problems  somehow lifts you out of the mud of it, now it seems like it’s just their problem not mine. The morning routine of that 1st cup of coffee somehow brings me back to my first memories of coffee.

My mother is danish and so am I, so when I was just two or three years old and I started getting a little tiny cup of coffee for myself in the morning.  I can remember that little plastic pink cup that contained my coffee, milk and sugar every morning, there at this little tiny table with a Black and white tile mosaic top, sitting in a colorful little wicker chair that was red, green and gold, another little Danish treasure, I’m sure it came from Solvang or some other little Danish community town with curio shops. I think it’s kind of funny that my coffee cup was pink, it seems very fitting now. Come to think of it most of the men in my family on mothers side were extremely tall, the fact that I am only 5’9” is interesting, maybe all of that coffee stunted my growth, thank goodness!