• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I read the comments. Do you?

LarryCopano

So, I'm one of the weird guys who actually reads the hate-filled comments, and doesn't take it too personally.  I actually enjoy debating.  I don't call them names.  I like being calm, and not taking their bait meant to upset me.

Anyone else that way?  

• Admin

I can't help reading them sometimes, but I don't make a habit of it.  It just leaves me frustrated and angry, and there;s no reason to torture myself.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Sometimes I try to picture the person behind them. It's seldom, if ever, they get to me as anyone can say most anything and their motives may not be genuine.

Tracy

I sometimes like to see the arguments against trans people, as it helps me to clarify that what I feel is genuine, and I am not just imagining it.

Some of the comments just seem totally ridiculous though, such as the theory that all celebrities are transgender, and they are part of a plot to take over the world.

Many people who criticise us on social media are either just attention seeking, or they feel so terrible about themselves that they want to make others look worse than them.

Robin.

• Forum Moderator

I have simply grown to understand that my words don't change the attitudes of others.  I simply hope that living as honestly as myself as i can will show others that i am as human as they are.  After all "normal" makes more sense as a setting on a washing machine than applied to a human.

Hugs,

Charlize

I read them too.  Most of the time I just roll my eyes.  It is interesting to me to see where some people are coming from.  But you also have to keep in mind that many commenters just like to stir the pot and get a reaction.  It's easy to do hiding behind a keyboard. 

Sometimes though, I feel sorry for the poster if that is how they truly feel.  To have that much anger, hate, or misinformation in your life is just crazy to me.

True, the Trolls are on there just to get a rise out of people and they don't care what they say just as long a people get upset.

And yeah...the conspiracy theorists are crazy!  sometimes i watch them to get a good laugh, but is sad that they are so afraid.

Most of the arguments  are repetitive, but sometime someone come up with a new loophole to discredit us... and that's where I like to strike.

Words do change the opinions of others, just not usually the person you are arguing with.   Its the lurkers and undecided people that are reading your words and trying to come up with an opinion, whose opinion you can change.   

I have seen many derogatry comments particully on you tube and sites much the same as.  Comments regarding genetics and chromsones. Plus many things that are on the whole from the uneducated and those who would refuse rational thinking and basic facts. Just listening to pseudoscience. With there agendas.

I used to sometimes question my own existance to the point where i would spend the day after feeling sad at myself and thinking that my ideology is perhaps floored in some way.  To the point that I myself an abomination.

But i did some research into what scientific fact says concerning  my life and the way i am stuctured to exist.

I then relised that basically i do not have a mental illness as some would try and have you believe and my brain was always female regardless of the exterior. So in answer to the question Yes i do read those comments but now I actually feel a little sorry for those who,s findings are floored. Plus it doesnt get to me like it used to as i am me. At the end  of the day. One life,  make it a good one. They can have there views. You cant please all of the people all of the time.

Eh, I like a challenge and having a battle of wit with a poorly armed adversary becomes quite boring.