• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

10 year picture comparision

Raven1981

Just figured that this might be fun to see how much we all have changed and also how we have changed since starting on hormones.

IMG_2025.JPG

20190112_203314.jpg

My face for my passport and drivers licence has not noticeably changed since 1997 - I'm like an adult version of the tupperware twins from Eerie Indiana! ? I have to say you look much happier in the 2nd photo Amy!

2 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

My face for my passport and drivers licence has not noticeably changed since 1997 - I'm like an adult version of the tupperware twins from Eerie Indiana! ? I have to say you look much happier in the 2nd photo Amy!

Thank You DeeDee.  I am so much happier now.

Yes, I got the idea from Facebook and I just figured out, why not on here

• Forum Moderator

Ladies, this is a great idea!  I can't believe how much Amy and Mary have changed.  It's incredible.  In both 10 year old pics, you both look so masculine.  Persistence and time (and hormones?) have paid you both dividends.  I so wish I could be more open with my male images from back then.  I'm not out to enough people yet to comfortably do this, unfortunately.

Thank you both for sharing,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Two years ago I dug back and found a digital photo from eleven years prior that I juxtaposed with a then current one.  Despite my protests that I hadn't changed much after only a year it was fairly obvious I had.  The change to today's me is even more dramatic.   Sorry, apart from a few pics that have snuck in, I don't like to post online.  It seems the internet never forgets!

You both look awesome!  

I Have a picture from about 8 or 9 years ago when I was trying to fit in and the other from this month I guess. I've been on hrt for about 5 months +/-. I hope my face gets more feminine over the next year or so on hrt. I can definitely say that hrt helps my mental state a ton. I know I'm just starting this journey (again) but hoping for more feminine effects. I'm not scared anymore to come out to anyone now. They can like me or not. I don't care anymore. Great feeling. I'm happier now than anytime in my life. My biggest fear is actually being told I can't transition for some reason. Anyways before and after picture. 

Ashlee ❤️

PhotoGrid_1548133283422.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Wow, Ashlee...another amazing 'before and after' set.  You looked like a real manly man back in the day.  Now you're the complete feminine package.  I love seeing these sets.  I wish more of us could share.

Susan R?

I love seeing the before and after pictures.  But I also understand why some choose not to share.

But for those who have shared your pictures.  You all look amazingly beautiful

I’m simply amazed at the results that you all have gotten. It’s nice to see how much the estrogen can soften things over a longer period of time. It’s exciting! Can’t wait to post my own before and after! 

5 hours ago, Susan R said:

Wow, Ashlee...another amazing 'before and after' set.  You looked like a real manly man back in the day.  Now you're the complete feminine package.  I love seeing these sets.  I wish more of us could share.

Susan R?

Thank you! Yeah, this is in my 30s. In my teens and 20s I was a feminine "goth". I wore skirts and dark makeup. I was actually transitioning for a while but got scared and stopped. I freaked out, moved to another state and tried to do construction and "be a man" and fit in for a few years. It was rough at 5 foot tall. It was awful I went through depression badly, drank and ate my sorrows away, or so I thought. I ended up in the hospital. The experience opened my eyes to how short life really is and live My life for Me. No one else. Actually this forum and the ton of YouTube vids gave me the courage to go see a Dr, be honest with her and myself and hereI am today. Happy. 

Ashlee ❤️

Just now, Ashlee said:

Thank you! Yeah, this is in my 30s. In my teens and 20s I was a feminine "goth". I wore skirts and dark makeup. I was actually transitioning for a while but got scared and stopped. I freaked out, moved to another state and tried to do construction and "be a man" and fit in for a few years. It was rough at 5 foot tall. It was awful I went through depression badly, drank and ate my sorrows away, or so I thought. I ended up in the hospital. The experience opened my eyes to how short life really is and live My life for Me. No one else. Actually this forum and the ton of YouTube vids gave me the courage to go see a Dr, be honest with her and myself and hereI am today. Happy. 

Ashlee ❤️

Hello Ashlee

I had something similar to you.  I was the type of person that was always helping others out and trying to be the individual that they wanted me to be.  I even tried to transition secret but it did not work.  So I thought I was stuck being a guy and even tried doing a manly job like truck driving but it was never the same.  When I went into the hospitable being diagnosed with cancer and only having a 20% chance of survival.  That opens up my eyes with you only have one life and you got to do what makes you happy and stop trying to make others happy being something you are not

I love seeing the pictures of before and after also. It gives me courage to know that other women are going through the same struggles as I am. Don't feel so alone and isolated. The results are amazing. Truly beautiful and awesome. 

Ashlee ❤️

Just now, Amy LeBlanc said:

Hello Ashlee

I had something similar to you.  I was the type of person that was always helping others out and trying to be the individual that they wanted me to be.  I even tried to transition secret but it did not work.  So I thought I was stuck being a guy and even tried doing a manly job like truck driving but it was never the same.  When I went into the hospitable being diagnosed with cancer and only having a 20% chance of survival.  That opens up my eyes with you only have one life and you got to do what makes you happy and stop trying to make others happy being something you are not

Its sad that it takes such a life threatening event for some of us to come to the decision to live authenticity. I hope your health is better now and you are doing well. 

Ashlee ❤️

Just now, Ashlee said:

Its sad that it takes such a life threatening event for some of us to come to the decision to live authenticity. I hope your health is better now and you are doing well. 

Ashlee ❤️

Thank You Ashlee.  I am doing well with my health.  I am 11 years cancer free. My doctor is watching my health at the same time as my hormones.  Then I am in love with myself and have self acceptance since transitioning officially and living as myself.