• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Altering The Body With Hrt Or Surgery

Guest Kino

Guest Kino

I've been seeing a counsellor for my gender issues and doing some research on androgyny. As a born male I'm unhappy with so many masculine signifiers. I shave my body hair, wax my eyebrows and wear fitted clothes to balance myself out somewhat. From what I've read there isn't a standard expression of androgyny but given my dysphoria I wanted to know if any of you have gone as far as HRT or surgery - and if so;

Was androgyne the gender you identified with when you began HRT/surgery?

Even if it wasn't, are you happy with the outcomes of HRT/surgery as an androgyne?

Do you generally present as both sexes, neither, just the one or alternate between?

And here's one for everybody;

What other measures do you take to appear androgynous?

Thanks for your insight :D

Guest androgynous

Hi Kino! :)

I can only answer the latter question;

To outwardly appearing more androgynous (to get in tune with my looks and mind) I started with make-up, especially for the hands, like clear nail polish -but sometimes flashing red- I don't do much on the face, since it is VERY easy to "overdo". I really love bracelets, in any form as long as they fit with the overall appearance. Furthermore I started to wear unisex clothes more and more, and since of late also certain feminine clothing, like nice pants with wide-legs or a nice dark blouse.

Guest Cazz333

Luckily I'm fairly masculine for a woman minus my height- I'm short and have curves. My voice isn't high sounding and I'm pretty male unconsciously.

Guest Elizabeth K

This is sorta a cop out. I am androgynous by default - that in between stage of transitioning. i am not out everywher so I present androgyne most times.

Denim girl jeans - boot cut

No socks

Clogs

Teeshirts - tight for girl, loose for guy ( my breasts are coming in )

Long hair - baseball cap for guy, out and wild for girl

Jewelery - bracelets all the time - earrings in for girl

Make-up - none for guy

that does it.. people stare and try to figure me out - and I am MTF... but...

Lately I am geting less and less attention because I am slipping into the masculine female stage.