• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Help

Goldenvag

Hi all, first time posting, I'm 38 yrs old born male , I only discovered that I'm trans about 2-3 weeks ago. 

I am having a difficult time at the moment processing all the info I have read. 

My wife is supportive and so are the 2 friends I have told, but for some reason I'm not feeling any better after coming out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I've got a gp appointment on Monday, then I I'll be talking to the psych after that. I still feel ashamed of myself when I catch a glance of myself in the mirror. I realised when I was 7-8 that I was different, but due to external factors as a child, I couldn't let anyone know at that stage, the teenage years hit and I forgot about myself, and basically got on with what society expected me to be. Now I'm older and have no idea what or how I am meant to be. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Goldenvag,

Welcome to TransPulse :)

It's good that you have a supportive wife. That can make things a lot easier. The gp appointment sounds good. It would be a good idea if you could see a gender therapist. They would enable you to explore your feelings and understand yourself better, particularly in the context of your life.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions and join in here. There is a lot of accumulated experience written which will help with different issues. You will steadily learn and become confident in yourself.

Tracy

Thank you Tracey, I am going to see a gender therapist after my gp appointment. I am still scared to post to much at the moment 

• Forum Moderator

Obviously this is an open forum so anyone can see, but is well moderated. We try to keep things as safe as possible, and the members here are friendly. It is best to follow your feelings though. Take it steady as you feel your way. You will get your bearings and relax more as you go.

Tracy