• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Time on Hormones

Raven1981

I was just remembering and looking at the dates that I cannot believe how the time flew by and just how much happier int he long run I have been.  Yes I have had some bad days, but in the end, I do feel so much happier since I have been on hormones for 15 months now.  I am not really noticing any physical changes as much since it has been 15 months for me.  But also the first 6 months I was on patches and patches just did not do anything for me at all.  Before I switched, I was putting 4x patches on me at the highest dose and I just was not even absorbing it.  Then I switched to the injections or as alot from my support group call it, the real hormones and after switching to injection, my E just took off fast and I have been on the real hormones for 9 months now.  I can say that it is a pain to be sticking me all the time, but the fact when I go in for my labs, how my numbers have been looking awesome.

The 16th of April marks one year on E. I am naturally very very low on the testosterone so blockers have been minimal. I do my next labs Monday.

My breast development is very female. I can tell that being XX/XY genetically is clearly an advantage. I am developing as a normal teenaged girl. I have had a bloodless period of severe anxiety regularly on the week of the New Moon since I was 10. 3days before - I start. Three days after it ends. The day of the New Moon, my partner has learned the hard way... LMAO... I am a raving biatch the day of the New Moon (which was yesterday btw)! He took me to lunch at Taco Bell. LoL, it was funny because he dreads going ANYEHERE with me on this day. As it happened, they screwed up his order. He looked at me with abject fear like I was going to respond for him which I do sometimes! I casually sipped my iced tea and calmly stated, "don't let them get away with this. It's your money and your food!" His eyes about popped out of his head. I sighed and took my Estrodiol subligual tab and smiled! I wish I'd had my camera. He was a mess after my calm response!

I can't wait to see my labs next week!