• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Spironolactone

Michelle F

Can someone direct me to "known issues"  concerning MTF HRT especially spironolactone and internal organs? All I am finding is cisfem issues no transfem documentation.

I Need help justifying Orcheictomy.

My Therapist, who is gay, supports it but My PCP, who is also gay, keeps shooting me down. I am a year and two weeks on HRT. My Serum T is >3 from the very first blood test. Estrodiol was 65 at first and now it has been fluctuating between 115 and 220 consistantly.

I 'had' Hep C and have been cleared of the virus now for 3 blood test cycles and approaching a year clean. I am not HIV positive although my partner is. I had stage 2 liver disease caused by the Hep C and have shown no sign of that now.

My PCP keeps telling me there are no "dangerous" side effects and tells me to slowdown. Transition takes time. I know that. I am not pushing for anything out of step. Rich is a logical first step.

Now... I have two gay providers arguing about how to treat a Transgender female and I am stuck in the middle!!!!     Being a "chick with a _____ is not working for me...

I was straight hetero when I started. Transition is not miraculously turning me gay! I still prefer women. I still have a fat dude lurking in this body and he gets recognised DAILY in public... as a GAY crossdresser! It is exhausting

>screaming, pulling non-existent hair I from my head<?

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Removed attempts to get around word filter.
  • Admin

I found one web site that has some pretty detailed info on the adverse effects of Spiro use, and references other studies which might be useful to you and your doctors.  They and you should also reference the WPATH Standards of Care.

https://moderntranshormones.com/2018/01/01/whats-wrong-with-spironolactone/

https://www.wpath.org/publications/soc

I can offer no advice about your particular medical issues, as none of us here are medical professionals.  Nor can we discuss or comment on dosage information you may find online.  If you are not happy with your doctors, you are welcome to use our listing of doctors to find someone else, or talk to your G.T. or others in your community who may have recommendations for HRT docs. 

Carolyn Marie

Hmmm... Weird. In the info you directed me to has no input from the girls around here that have had issues with spiro...

Oh well... I figure it out. 

I see a Psychiatrist tomorrow...