• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Continuing your HRT in another state

AlexScott

So I’ve been thinking about this for a few weeks now since it happened and I’ve been struggling with it.

so I was previously on a dosage of<dosage deleted>  testosterone ethanate weekly when I was living in New Hampshire. When I moved to Texas and unfortunately had to get a Texas prescriber because of differing regulations, they told me that the max dosage that I could receive was <dosage deleted> (less than start dosafe) I’m on it now and noticing more moodiness than I’d had before.

Ivr had a hard time finding anything on the internet about it and I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences. I also had the planned parenthood nurse practitioner tell me that ‘well you’re probably just not going to grow facial hair’ when I mentioned that my levels have been low and I’ve been struggling to grow a beard, and then she laughed. 

Which, one, rude and two.... HRT is basically puberty, which can take more than two years and sometimes five. She wasn’t knowledgeable at all about any of it, at least not as much as I had expected. I was pretty disappointed in planned parenthood.

im gonna try and go back to my previous prescriber when I can go back to New Hampshire for a visit, but I was curious to see if anyone has experience with this.

thank you!

Edited by VickySGV
Dosage removed -- Rule 13 --dosage discussion
  • Admin

Hi AlexScott,  I have approved your first post here, but did have to edit some things out of it to keep it in our community rules structure.

13) You may not share the dose of any medication you are taking, including hormones. What works for you may well be fatal for someone else.

I would personally check with a local pharmacist to find out what or if there are legal dosage restrictions on medications, although I suspect it may not have been legal restrictions but rather policies set in the clinic's Standing Orders, which are higher than law for that organization since they are based on the professional opinion of the supervising M.D.  If it is the M.D. talk to them directly and ask for a second opinion or see if your problems can be met from another direction.  .