• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

cant pass

AnnaD

hi, im 15 and i havent been on any hormones or blockers because the referral to the gender clinic is over a year, and i was referred last month. im worried ill never be able to pass, as i literally tried girl hair, clothes and makeup but just looked like a feminine boy. please help, im not sure what to do.

41 minutes ago, MaryMary said:

here's some usefull links, hope it helps :

for general tips about your face :

https://feminizationsecrets.com/transgender-facial-feminization/

for clothes to minimize broad shoulders if you have them :

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alessiasantoro/how-to-love-your-broad-shoulders-with-clothes

a little makeup routine for mtf :

and if you need extra help you can always try this :

https://www.thebreastformstore.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw98rpBRAuEiwALmo-ygSqnWOXWhofnRHAECjv4Z7KZE6XqP2VeWfREtz__lfvKnGbk6aP9hoC1K8QAvD_BwE

thanks, thats useful. the other issue is that im not actually allowed makeup, so i have to use it when my parents dont know, then wash it off straight after. sorry, forgot to say that ?

• Admin

We are always the last to see ourselves looking like our True Gender.  Other people see the changes long before we admit we have arrived.  The girls who want to look like a feminine boy are many more than you may think, so the look itself will not give you away except to people who have known you a long time.  One way to makeup without doing much at all, is simply use good skin care, and some of those products are great for taking off makeup when the folks come home unexpectedly.  Another thing to do is simply watch girls do things and see what is different than what you do as a male, then try them out.  I have been out in one form or another for over 20 year and do not try to "pass" but just to be friendly and helpful to people who get to know me and never think about my birth assigned gender.  I don't to this day know if I pass, but if I don't, no one seems the wiser about my looks.  You will do fine, but it takes time. 

Hello AnnaD

I will have to say also that confidence is the key.  I am with you on that I feel like that I dont pass and hate the way I look.  But confidence is the key and I can say that for experience.  I am still waiting for my natural hair to fully grow out and that my natural hair is in between a Pixie and a Bob style.  But then I parted my hair different and I was dressed in my clothes and I had no makeup on when I went to WalMart to go grocery shopping, I must have been showing good confidence as to the public at WalMart was calling me She / Her and they were just seeing a female not a male.  So Confidence from my experience is a big key