• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Male And Female Skeleton

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

All of us in our search for resolution to our gender dysphoria are told that the hormones will not affect the bone structure unless administerd very early. But what does this mean and if we are lucky , do we naturally overlap into the other gender? How is this measured?

Here is an excellant site:

http://secondtype.com/skeleton.htm

I learned I have a female chin, but male pattern teeth.

FUN

Lizzy

oh oh oh - also see

http://secondtype.com/bodysize.htm

Guest nova

that was interesting. I've seen sites that go on to compare different races. But I disagree with the author about the "young transsexual with the obvious large hands". Come on now.

Now I get it!

My therapist said that I lacked all of the secondary male characteristics - right down to my index finger being noticibly longer than my ring finger.

That explains a lot to me, but would mean nothing to my mother - her mind is set in concrete.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ashley4623

I find that interesting...

One thing I've always noticed about myself is that the part about the index and ring finger. For me my ring finger is smaller than the index, which is what they say happens more commonly in females.

Anyway, after reading this I feel like I really REALLY need to get the ball rolling and start transitioning ASAP.

Guest Zabrak

Errr..if that things fully correct about finger lengths then I have man hands. I was too lazy to check the rest....the hand one just looked easy to check.

Guest Jeannine Bean

Oh Oh, teacher I have a question.

The site says:

"Men are on average 4.34 inches taller then women

Women have longer torso's (35.2% of height vs. 34.4%)

Men are leggier, if looked at from the crotch (48.3% vs. 46.5%)

Women are leggier if looked at from the waist (62.3% vs. 60.7%)

Men have longer thigh's (17.7% vs. 17.0%) and longer calves (30.5% vs. 29.5%)

Women have bigger heads then men, relative to height

Stature, bone area, cortical area and skeletal weight all offer an excellent means of differentiating between men and women"

I had thought precisely the opposite was true with head size and torso length! Don't women have SHORTER torsos compared to leg size? And don't men have bigger heads compared to height?

I thought that was the case, and I've been looking around where I live and notice maybe 1/20 of the Asian women are proportioned like Western men, broader shoulders than hips, straight waists, short legs... Like if you made them 6' tall they'd I think they'd basically look like men.

And Taiwanese women seem to on average be waaaaay straight waisted. I try on pants and with my waist hips ratio of .84 I find many that fit me through my butt but are too big at my waist (!!!)

Nonetheless, in my own humble opinion, I think a lot of trans-ladies are pretty lucky with regards to body shape. After some hormones and fat redistribution (maybe a boob job :-), I actually think a lot of us end up with about the nicest bodies around... add in FFS and well... you know, I think a lot of transgendered women are just plain pretty. (well, you saw the comparison to barbie, LOL. I'm not so into Barbie but there is a certain cultural ideal going on there).

Incidentally, I think something similar about transmen. I like the way a lot of them end up so strong looking and solid but with young-ish faces. I mean... that's just cute!

--Jeannine

PS: Off to buy some beach shirts and a cute skirt! I'm going to Baisawan to camp this weekend.

PPS: Also, I was watching "some like it hot" on Wednesday and noticed Monroe has a bit of a brick shape. I don't believe she was XY, but that's not the norm for hollywood these days. Bricks end up packing a lot of weight in front. She had a really nice hip to balance it out but I'd say she leaned towards brick. Probably that's the reason for the rumors (there are rumors?!)

Guest My_Genesis

according to this website i looked at a few days ago my waist-hip ratio is "average" for a male and "high" for a female. it was somewhere in the .92-.95 range. i either have no curves or have that unhealthy pear shape they keep talking about on the website lol.

also my ring finger to index finger ratio is higher than the male average :blink:

And I don't think id be able to tell you any of those women were mtf..especially the one next to that Giselle girl, who i think has a more masculine appearance than the transwoman does.

funny im always bad at this type of thing lol

Guest nymphblossom

I just found out about the index finger to ring finger ratio thing when I took the University of Massey Development of Gender and Sexuality Project Survey on the Playground Reserach and Survey page. It's called the 2D:4D ratio. Here is what the Massey Survey said in their FAQ:

“While in the womb, the second (index finger) and the fourth (ring finger) are influenced by exposure to androgens such as testosterone. The differences between a person's second and fourth fingers can give scientists an indication of the amount of androgens they were exposed to in the womb. In men, the second finger tends to be shorter than the fourth finger, and in females the second finger tends to be the same size or slightly longer than the fourth. Male-to-female transsexuals and gay males have finger lengths that are on average the same as biological females, and lesbians have finger lengths that are on average the same as males.”

My index finger is a full quarter inch longer than my ring finger. My mother lost two premature babies before me. I have strong reason to believe she was prescibed DES estrogen supplements during her pregnancy with me.

Blossom

Guest My_Genesis

"on average..." mine is above the average male ratio :D

far as i know my mom took nothing additonal when she was pregnant with me. if she has been lying to me or hiding anything all these years i'd probably disown her :huh:

Guest Pól

mine is too, My Gen. my ring finger is about half an inch longer than my first finger.

...hmmm. wikipedia says transmen were found to have average biologic women's ratios. anyone want to start a poll?

mine is too, My Gen. my ring finger is about half an inch longer than my first finger.

...hmmm. wikipedia says transmen were found to have average biologic women's ratios. anyone want to start a poll?

Go for it. I'll vote/add my input.

However, I've also read that it is actually gay bio males who have the finger ratio thing similar to women. I haven't actually seen that suggested anywhere for transwomen.

Guest nymphblossom

Not sure if this will work, but I started a pole: Which finger of your dominant hand is longer, ring or index? Index (2nd finger)Ring (4th finger) pollcode.com free pollsBlossom

Guest nymphblossom

I didn't see it when I created the poll, but if the survey doesn't show up in my original post, here is the web link:

Do you all think it might be a good idea if this was a sticky or maybe a separate thread?

Blossom

Guest Leigh

everything about my head shape seems to be more masculine except for the slope of my forehead...interesting.

peace&love

leigh