• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Lost Support

Guest Snowflake

Guest Snowflake

So a few days ago my one greatest support left me, my sister died (age 26) and I dont know if I have the will to continue what I want. Its just been a path of great suffering for everyone.....and I only have my S/O to lean on for support now.

Sorry I just am in need of some thoughtful help...or somthing like that..

Guest meridian

My condolences to you, Snowflake. I am so sorry about the death of your sister, who must have been a very wonderful young woman. This is a difficult time for you in so many ways. Remember you do have the support of your S/O, and of all the caring people in these forums. And, as time goes on, there will be more.

With love,

Meridian

I am so sorry that your sister died

But, if this is the right path for you, then I don't think that giving it up will make things better. Bottling things up or pretending to be someone your not will only make things worse in the long run. And most importantly- what would your sister want you to do?

Guest Ashlee

Snowflake,

I am deeply sorry that you have lost your sister. Its always hard when someone you love departs.

Thankfully, you still have your SO to help you on your journey. And yes, we all are here to help you too.

{HUGS}

Ashlee

The loss of a family member is devistatig.

The loss of a young family member doubly so, but add in your biggest supporter and it must seem like your whole world collapsed.

You still have your SO for support and all of us like everyone else has said and that is so true, but you have something else.

Your sister wouldn't want you to abandon your transition - she supported you, I believe that she still does.

The only reason that she would accept for you not continuing with your transition would be that you no longer needed to, never that it was too hard.

Don't make anydecission right away, time is a wonderful thing - it always moves forward and takes us with it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Cericonversion
Your sister wouldn't want you to abandon your transition - she supported you, I believe that she still does.

Don't make anydecission right away, time is a wonderful thing - it always moves forward and takes us with it.

I agree with these both so much.

Snowflake, you might want to look for a little book called Man's Search For Meaning, by Viktor Frankl. He was a Jewish German psychologist sent to the concentration camps in World War II, and he got interested in the question of why some inmates found a way to keep up the struggle for life while others despaired and succumbed. From there he built a general concept of human well-being, with this as part of its foundation:

Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.

and

What man actually needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him. What he needs is not the discharge of tension at any cost, but the call of a potential meaning waiting to be fulfilled by him.

It's been a huge comfort to me in dark times, and a goad to re-think when I feel stuck and helpless.

Guest shimmeringkristal

I am soooo sorry to hear this terrable horrible news. I will be praying for you and your sister. I want you to know that if you need anything everyone here is willing to be a shoulder to cry on. I hope that everything gets better for youand will pray for you.

Kristal

Guest Snowflake

Thank you all. I still wish to move forward. I will just need to find another supporter. you see she had been my only link to my parents who have little if any idea what im going through. On another note I have almost zero hope of getting a psyc. This untimely passing hurts and brings sorrow to all of which she touched with her wonderful spirit.

Guest DeniseNM

Snowflake I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I know that right now it seems so tough for you but I am sure that you are strong enough to get through this and I am sure your sister wouldn't want you to give up. You do have support both with your S/O and here.

Denise

Snowflake,

As soon as possible put this out of your mind and remember your sister as your friend, supporter and loving spirit.

Always carry her in your heart and her support will never leave you.

She is with you now and forever, always remember this.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest doodle

I'm so sorry to hear that snowflake. I hope you s/o takes up the slack. maybe it's time to contact you parents they must be hurting and happy to hear from you.

love doodle/kelly

Guest ~Brenda~

Dear Snowflake,

I am so sorry for the death of your sister. She was so young. I know she was your main support, but dear, sometimes life throws you curveballs unexpectedly. Hon, I know that you understand that we support you and you can always talk to us. It sound like your SO is supportive ( I hope that I am correct on this). You will be able to move on from this setback. For now, it is OK to grieve for your sister. Don't try to make any decisions about transitioning until the grieving process is over. You will know when it is time to move on.

Love you hon

bernii