• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What a difference a day makes!

ShawnaLeigh

Had a pre-op physical today and this went well.  However there is talk about surgeries being canceled if they are deemed elective.  I am hoping my surgeon sees it as necessary with the painful lump that it is really for.  its still almost a month out so maybe things will of calmed down by then. 

Anyways on the way home I stopped off to a fairly busy gas station and went in to grab some pretzel sticks and a ginger ale. (Craving them for some reason).  

I had the door opened and held for me by a nice older gentleman I smiled and thanked him, and then a nice teenager felt he needed to assist me grab the bag off the top shelf.  (He was taller then I was. So I thanked him too.)  

At the cash register I was ma'am-ed a few times by the guy there and then another nice and attractive gentleman opened and  held the door on my way out, which I gave him a big smile and a dirty thank you which he seemed to like.  

So over all about a 5 minute pure gendered correctly barrage.  lol

I was smiling ear to ear and thought to myself. “This is how I want it to be.  Not play Shawn anymore!”

• Forum Moderator

From what you've described I cant see this being looked at as elective.  All my best to you as you see how it is on the "other"side of life!!

Oops not a "dirty" thank you. 

A "flirty" thank you.  LOL

It was a good shot of positive after my negative grocery store incident the day before.  

Just proves that everyone will have ups and downs.  Just do your best to stay balanced.

37 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Oops not a "dirty" thank you. 

A "flirty" thank you.  LOL

It was a good shot of positive after my negative grocery store incident the day before. 

I was wondering what a dirty thank you was like ?

36 minutes ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

I'm guessing it is a "super flirty" thanks you laced with intentions.  LOL

1 hour ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Me too. I was wondering how to get one!

TA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Hopscotch
    Newest Member
    Hopscotch

1. atlantis63
      atlantis63
    2. Blackberry015
      Blackberry015
    3. blackcatkittycat
      blackcatkittycat
      (32 years old)
    4. Charlize
      Charlize
      (76 years old)
    5. GamerGirlEmily
      GamerGirlEmily
      (25 years old)
    • Heather Shay
      Glad you are here. It's good to hear from our Canadian sisters.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Smiling and frowning at same time.
    • Heather Shay
      Joy is not just a mere fleeting emotion – it triggers a host of significant physiological and psychological changes that can improve our physical and mental health. And, luckily for us, there are many easy things we can do each day in order to boost the amount we feel. Joy is very different from our other emotions. It relates to accomplishing something we’ve wanted for a long time – the outcome of which exceeds our expectations. Joy often refers to a broad sense of being satisfied with life that appears after experiencing a sense of awe or wonder. Many of us might better associate it with feeling “blessed”. While joy is experienced naturally, happiness is often pursued. Even the way we express joy is different from our other emotions. The smile it produces is different from how we might smile when we’re happy. Joy creates what’s known as a Duchenne smile – an involuntary, genuine smile that reaches our eyes. This type of smile is associated with a range of benefits, such as improvements in physical health, better recovery after illness, and stronger bonds with others.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
      I wear caps in the warmer months much more often now that I can tie a ponytail and put it through the gap in the back of it! But even wearing a cap with my hair not tied up is a good way of controlling it. 
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Did you know a member of Strawberry Alarm Clock and Lynyrd Skynard co-wrote Incense and Peppermint and Sweet Home Alabama? His name was Ed King. I still find it hard to believe he was in both groups when they hit it big.   Paul Carrack sang in Ace, Mike & The Mechanics, and Squeeze on hits for all three. He also wrote "How Long", several Eagles songs and played in Roxy Music. Busy man.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Tracey.  Please feel free to look around the forums and post wherever you like and ask any questions that come to mind.  We'll do our best to answer them honestly.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • KayC
      Hi @Amy Powell.  Nice to meet you and Welcome! I think the first thing you will find is that we are a very Diverse (and Accepting) group here on the Forum.  We all have different destinations, but I think you will comfort and encouragement of many shared experiences and struggles. I do hope you can find a trusted therapist, but I discovered finding 'Community' is very helpful too.  Looking forward to hearing more of your Journey AND your many hobbies   Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • KayC
      This should be the mantra of the Trans community (and basically all of Humanity for that matter, regardless of Identity or differences). I am happy the conference organizers laid down the law to this Interloper.  People like that are basically just Unhappy people, regardless of their gender identity.  I hope she figures that out ...   And, I am sure she had no idea who she was messing with   Bravo for your Courage and Restraint, Sally~
    • Ashley0616
      People don't understand that you simply don't even need to be on HRT to be trans. They are like doughnuts. they appear to be somewhat intelligent but in the middle it's full of air. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.