• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

IPL as an option during quarantine?

RobynNYC

p.s. Actually I'm now suspicious about that. Why does it only link to the Clearlift?

Hmmm.

Gosh there's so much dodgy stuff around.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DragonflyGirl

• Tilly

• April Marie

• KayC

• 2 weeks later...

@Tilly I have used the Braun Silk Expert Pro 5 with reasonable results. I got it for myself for Christmas last year and used it regularly for 8-10 weeks on my legs, torso, and underarms. My results were good. My hair growth slowed so I didn't have to shave as often, but the little buggers have returned after not using it for months--albeit not as aggressively. Now that it's trouser and sleeves weather, I'll be restarting my IPL treatments again. The one issue with this unit is that it does tend to lose performance relatively quickly, due to heat I suppose, but it starts off quick and you can hold the button to cover a lot of skin but when the flashes slow down to a crawl it's better to shut it down and wait for it to cool.

I haven't had much pain with it, it's like a light static shock usually, but if you happen to flash the same area a few times (strictly against the instructions) the sensation is much more pronounced. All-in-all, I give it a 7. After stopping treatment it took about 4ish months before I started to feel like I had to shave every 3-4 days.

Hi MaeBe, thank you so much for your detailed review. It's so helpful for building up a picture of the best units. I'm leaning towards this Braun and may well do as you did: buy it as Christmas pressie to myself! The point about keeping up treatment is really useful to know.

My estradiol level is at a good level so hopefully that might slow body hair growth?

On 10/30/2023 at 1:27 AM, Tilly said:

My estradiol level is at a good level so hopefully that might slow body hair growth?

I wish I could help you with an answer to this, maybe one day. 😉