• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I came out!

It wasn’t really intended but happened quite naturally.

I was speaking to a friend over the phone home I have not seen in over a year and of course the conversation touched on all the typical topics COVID-19 what we have been up to, and how our families were doing.

As I was speaking to him I begin to feel that this was someone I could trust with my true self. So I asked him if he would keep something strictly to himself and I was assured that he would and could.

I then begin to tell him about myself not without some trepidation. I soon found out though that the fear was misplaced and the caution was not needed as he warmly affirmed who I was. Then for the next hour or so we shared our insights and our beliefs and how difficult Society could be.

My friend is the first non-medical and non-family person that I have come out to and it was such a joy to be received with openness and understanding.

I know each time we come out to someone it is a gamble as some receive the news warmly and others with rejection and coldness I am so blessed to have been embrace as I was.

You know the difficulties I’ve had here at home with my wife that experience has made me Tripoli cautious when even considering coming out to anyone else.

Thank you, thank you all for the support that you give me here you will never know how grateful I am for it.

Take care and stay safe!

Willa

• Forum Moderator

Great news @Willa Your intuition and courage paid off dividends. Each time you’ll notice a little more confidence in yourself and the presentation becomes effortless down the line.  I’m very happy for you. This could be the start of some deeper friendships with these individuals. Sometimes opening ourselves up like this and letting our vulnerabilities show allows others to let down their defenses and real bonding can happen.

Congratulations,

Susan R?

Wow Willa congrats. GF....It was a load off my mind when I did and it a load me to start my process. Be safe, BE Proud, and KICK ASS

That's sweet, I'm glad you had a pleasant conversation with your friend and they accepted you coming out to them ?