• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Introduction

kristinaT

Hi everyone 

I’ve never done anything like this before so i will keep it brief. I am a 44 year old transgender woman from northern Virginia. I’ve been confused on gender most of my life and still don’t know if I’m ready but i thought joining a forum like this might help. Honestly not sure what else to share but willing to try and open up more once i know some of you. Thank you

Kris

Hi, Kris! Nice to meet you. This forum is fantastic. I have been coming here for a month and can't stay away. A lot of good people and great stories. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Kelsey

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, kristinaT said:

Honestly not sure what else to share but willing to try and open up more once i know some of you. Thank you

Welcome Kris, It’s nice to have you on board. Consider yourself part of a family here striving to bring out the best out in each other. Each one of us has their own story from which we came. Why not share just a little about yourself and your beginnings.  Maybe include something  about when you first began thinking about gender or perhaps what led you to eventually question your own gender.  Then springboard off of that regarding how you got here. Feel no pressure to stick to those topics or writing anything at all until you’re ready. I’m just trying to give you some ideas to ease into sharing a little about yourself. I and likely many others would enjoy reading more about yourself.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Thank you Susan and Kelsey. I’ve struggled with gender since i was little playing with my mom and grandma’s things. I’m junior high i wanted to be on kick line and dance but was told i couldn’t that i should play sports. In my early 20’s i experimented with self medication but again something tugged me back to “normal” now here i am 44 twice more attempting to self medicate and stop. I know who i am and i know it’s not who i am now. Hope that explains some about me. Hope to get to know you all thank you for the warm welcome. 

• Forum Moderator

Pleased to meet you @kristinaT! Welcome to the site.

Serious stuff though: Do not self medicate. It's dangerous and something we absolutely do not advocate or support. Please only take HRT while under the care of a qualified doctor, be that your primary care physician or an endocrinologist. This has been your public health warning for this morning. Seriously though; don't. You can damage yourself in ways that can't be fixed.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Kristina, I don’t have to tell you that self medicating is extremely dangerous and can ruin ones life in no time. You can permanently damage critical internal organs without proper monitoring.

Have you thought about checking out a therapist with a specialty in gender identity? I really have to tell you how much it has changed my life. If they’re good, it will be an eye opener for you. You’ll experience “ah ha” moments and get new insight into your situation. It’s really worth the time and effort. Please at least look into it if at all possible.

Susan R?

Oh goodness ladies i realize the harm self medication can cause and am currently working on getting under a doctors care. Sorry i should have said that. 

• Forum Moderator
54 minutes ago, kristinaT said:

i realize the harm self medication can cause and am currently working on getting under a doctors care.

Kristina, this is good news! Things will get easier for especially after this lockdown is over. Are you able to see your PCP doctor or get a new one right now?

No sadly no one is taking new patients. I’m exploring an online clinic who works with lab Corp to do blood work and teledoc appointments. 

• Forum Moderator

I was wondering...I had a hard time looking for a new therapist for my required second letter for surgery. Most are not accepting new patients until after this lockdown. It’s only a matter of time and you’ll be able to find one.  At least you're on the right path now!

Susan R?

I think i am now. This is the most public forum I’ve ever discussed this and it feels amazing. 

• Forum Moderator

Yep, I felt the same when I arrived here. I haven’t looked back since! I’m really glad you joined us.

My Best,

Susan R?

Welcome Kris

this is an amazing place for sharing and learning. So glad you made it here. There are opinions and guidance here of things you did not know about.

Welcome Kris, this is a great place with alot of nice people, support and advice. Have you looked up clinics in your area? Luckily mine here in texas has remained open. Anyhow, I am sure something will open soon in your area. Once again welcome and nice to read you! 

Hugs Traci

Thank you everyone you know how to make a girl feel welcome. 

Hello and welcome! ?
You do what you can and be safe, especially since all is going crazy now outdoors. Trying is always better than nothing and is always a path to progress.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Kris,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?

Welcome Kris!  I just joined a few days ago and I think you will find this site to be as helpful as I already have.  There is a great deal of support here, and also a community as you will find so much similarity in everyone's stories and experiences, and maybe some you have not thought of.
Take your time .. explore the forums, blogs and resources ... feel free to share and encourage others.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Kay

Thank you everyone. You all are so welcoming it really feels nice. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)

• Astrid
    • Jamey-Heather
    • Pip
    • Mmindy