• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ive Always Been Forced...

Guest KaosMikazuki

Guest KaosMikazuki

I'm currently a 17 year old male. Since the age of 5 when i was deemed 'different' I've always been treated poorly and whenever I tried to act like a girl I would get beaten and forced to dress like a guy. just recently about a few months back I got kicked out of my home by my parents simply because they didnt want to accept that thier child wanted to be a girl and constantly wore feminine clothing. I dunno if this is the right place to post this but I figure its better to share it with people than to keep it in.

Lately because of two great pre-op transgenders that I've become friends with have helped me gain some confidence and I've been more public with the way I like to dress and act. Even so I still get commotion from people, like yesterday was last day for seniors and I decided to go into school in a dress instead of my usual chic t's and skinny jeans, and I got so much crap from school administration. Its kinda a bummer that people kept saying I'm gay, Sweetie, Transgender, and such. To me alot of these words are uber offensive, its just so mean.

I think its all I have to say for now

Unfortunately society just doesn't understand yet. It's stupid that we have to go through all of this.

When someone is born blind, do they constantly get called names for it? No.

When someone is born deaf, do they get names? No.

When someone is born with three fingers, do they get names for it? Not usually.

But when you're born transgender- well for some reason that's fair game.

It's like they need to add insult to an injury that you've had to deal with all your life... and it's so stupid. I wish we could just be ourselves without being questioned so much.

In any case, you're really brave to do all of this. Regardless of what people say, I hope you'll continue to be yourself wherever you go. Don't let anyone take that from you.

-Eth

The sad truth is that all of the conditions that Eth mentioned are visible, you can tell if someone is blind after observing them and it is acepted, the same with the deaf ones - missing fingers, club feet all of those are visible handicaps and overcoming them with surgery if needed is considered a triumph of the human spirit.

However, overcoming being transgendered is considered an abomination - no triumph of the human spirit just pure evil - going against the will of God, pervert and somehow more frightening than a loaded gun pointed at your face.

They have learned to accept other handicaps but each one took time, I recall a group of high school students who spent there lunch hour tormenting a young man because he wore think glasses, hearing aids and had a speech inpediment - I never could understand why that was supposed to be fun.

So I understand that we have to get in the public eye and force legislation before any of this stops, because people left on there own will form into packs and attack the weak.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest nova

I'm glad the two ladies have taken you under their wings, but I'm so sorry your family did you like that. I agree about the names. I hated being called "sweetie" when I was younger, but now I rather like it! Before I started to transition, the bullies would say, "you look, walk, sit, etc etc blah blah, like a girl", and now the haters say, "that's a man, etc, etc, blah, blah," . . . whatever. They're stuck with their miserable selves. Sounds like you've got strong support and that's really important.

Guest joe0117

Hi KaosMikazuki,

I am so sorry you have been treated so poorly. I have been outcasted by my family as well. Do you have a safe place to stay? I noticed we are both from MA. I do know a lot of places where you you can get support, treatment, friendly hangouts, if you need that information. Stay strong and keep being true to who you are!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest praisedbeherhooves

MIKA-CHAN! :D You finally joined the forum ^.^ *huggles you*. Anyway, it really sucks that your parents are such jerks. :-/ And the people at your school are idiots. GAY?! WTH?! Since when do gay guys like women? And the people in your school administration are not allowed to give you bull about wearing a dress. Massachusetts law gives you the right to live as a woman in your school and they have to allow you to dress like a woman and even have to give you an androgynous bathroom to use. At least you're out of that stupid school. Keep your rights in mind when you get into college. They can't treat you bad.

Guest Elizabeth K

Please be patient. You will get older and will be able to live your own life eventually. We all deserve to be happy!

Lizzy

Guest Snow Princess Sophie

I useed to be in MA, my beautiful home. It's harder for me though and I don't know exactly how people will handle it. I live in GA now in the south which there will be a good share of idiot rednecks who will give me crap, but I still need to be myself.