• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Grandpa

Guest April63

Guest April63

My grandpa is in the hospital, and it doesn't look like he's doing too good. He has diabetes, and he's losing circulation in his legs. They were going to do (another) vein bypass, but they didn't do that because they discovered that his kidneys aren't working right. So who knows what's going to happen, but he might lose his legs, and be put on kidney dialysis, or worse...

Just in case anyone cares, or is curious about what's going on in my life at the moment.

Oh April,

I am so sorry, I have a number of friends with diabetes and several are here but I have known them to lose limbs and eyesight, it is a terrible disease.

I also have a couple of friends who were on dialysis, one recieved a kidney transplant and the other is still going in twice a week and has accasional hospital stays.

These times are very hard on the family members as well as the patient.

You know that I am here for you and will pray for your grandpa as well as you and your family.

I wish that there was more that I could do, but I am a long way away so Internet and prayer are the only ways for me to reach you.

Know that I am there for you and I will give you a hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on and a warm comforting hug, I lost a Grandmother when I was about your age and it was at the end of a very long struggle with illness, I should have been happy that her suffering was over and that she was going to a better place, but it is so hard when we are feeling our loss.

Be strong for him and then you can come to the forums or the PMs and be as sad and weak as you feel the need, it might just help to have a release.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest joe0117

April,

I am so sorry about your grandpa. I hope that they are able to keep him comfortable and pain free until they can treat him. I hope that you are taking care of yourself as well. It is very stressfull to watch a loved one suffer and be in pain. Please follow Sally's advice and come back to the forums and PMs and vent also keep us updated on both your and your grandpa's status. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Joe

Guest StrandedOutThere

Awww...man... That's tough. I'm really sorry to hear about your grandpa.

How are you doing with all this going on? Do you live near your grandpa or is he in another city?

Guest ~Brenda~

Oh my April dear,

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this with your Grandfather. I know how upsetting this situation is for everyone. I have been throught this many times with my family members. Hon, we all care about you, and your family. You are also family here. I will pray for your Grandfather and the rest of your family and I will also pray for you dear.

Love

bernii

Guest Zabrak

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa April. Before you run away *gives you a big manly hug* Best of luck to you and your grandpa.

Guest Evan_J

Aw April :( As someone who was very close to their grandpa I am very sorry for you . Yes, I'll be praying for you both and just know that as much as your grandpa means to you (he obviously does) you mean just as much to him.

I'm going through something similar. My grandfather, who's really close to me (though I haven't seen him in years due to being here with my dad/step-mom) has cancer.

I hope that things turn out well for you.

Hugs,

-Eth

Guest Pól

April, I'm sorry to hear that about your grandpa, and I hope he'll get better. You and he will be in my prayers. I'm very close to my grandda too, and I can't imagine what you're going through.

All the best,

Pól

Guest doodle

sorry about your gradpa April. Seeing some you love one decline is alway painful. My heart goes out to you.

doodle/kelly

Guest Deeedoo

It's terrible when a loved one's life is in danger. My grandfather also has diabetes, and he's not always keeping his diet in check. My great-grandmother was in the hospital for a while recently, and she's still recovering. My mom gives her insulin shots now. I hope your grandpa gets better, and if he doesn't, I hope he is comfortable for his last days on Earth. Good luck.

Guest CharliTo

*hug*

I just lost my mother early this year so... I know how it is like seeing a loved one deteriorate one by one... I hope you stay strong through out this April...

Hope you hear back how it went...and hope you can spend quality time with your grandpa.

Guest Donna Jean

April....

Honey...I send you my love and support

Both of my grandfathers died before I was born. You are so lucky to of gotten to share time with him in this life...hold onto that.....OK?

Lizzy and I both have it. We work hard to keep it under control...

Love you, Sweetheart...

Donna Jean

Guest Sophie H

April my dear, I am so sorry to hear about this. It must be an extremely difficult time for you right now. Remember that we are all here for you if you need to talk. I also have diabetes and currently have a lot of problems with my legs and have just come out of hospital. I was told that there was a possibility that I would lose my legs, but here I am released from hospital and slowly getting better, so there is hope.

I wish you and your Grandpa all the best and if you need to talk i am here for you, as are everyone else here on the forum.

Take care sweetie.

Sophie

Guest Ashlee

Oh, April,

You really do know that everyone here cares about you, don't you?

We really do and I hope that your grandpa can pull through this.

Be strong for him, he needs it right now.

{{BIG HUGS}}

Ashlee

Guest April63

He lives in another city, but we still know each other pretty well.

I don't know much about his health, but I know the pain is going down today.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts.

That is such good news.

Treasure your time with him and the memories of him, I was like Donna Jean both of my Grandfathers were gone before I was two so I have no memories of them at all.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest April63

Well, they kicked him out of the hospital today.

The doctors didn't really say much so I don't know what that means. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. Anyway, he says he can move his toes, so perhaps that's a good thing.

But my mom is afraid that they might have moved him out because they can't do anything more for him. :(

April, Sweetie,

We will keep him in our prayers and hope that this is a good sign.

The most important thing that you can do to help him is to maintain a positive attitude.

It will help him more than you will know.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Leigh
My grandpa is in the hospital, and it doesn't look like he's doing too good. He has diabetes, and he's losing circulation in his legs. They were going to do (another) vein bypass, but they didn't do that because they discovered that his kidneys aren't working right. So who knows what's going to happen, but he might lose his legs, and be put on kidney dialysis, or worse...

Just in case anyone cares, or is curious about what's going on in my life at the moment.

i'm really sorry April.

i can sympathize because my aunt is on dialysis right now, and probably won't make it through another year.

i'll keep you and your grandpa in my thoughts.

stay strong.

peace&love

leigh

Guest StrandedOutThere
Well, they kicked him out of the hospital today.

The doctors didn't really say much so I don't know what that means. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. Anyway, he says he can move his toes, so perhaps that's a good thing.

But my mom is afraid that they might have moved him out because they can't do anything more for him. :(

Being able to move his toes sounds pretty good. I doubt they'd kick him out so soon if things didn't look at least a little better. Doctors usually err on the side of keeping people in the hospital too long, because they are afraid of getting sued.

Guest April63
i'm really sorry April.

i can sympathize because my aunt is on dialysis right now, and probably won't make it through another year.

i'll keep you and your grandpa in my thoughts.

stay strong.

peace&love

leigh

He's not going to be put on dialysis. He wrote it in his will that he didn't want to be put on dialysis to be kept alive.

We did talk to the doctors and they said that they're waiting for his kidneys to improve, and then they'll try to perform the surgery on his legs. At this point they don't think it will be fatal, and they think he'll be able to walk again.

Thanks for your prayers :)

Guest Leigh
He's not going to be put on dialysis. He wrote it in his will that he didn't want to be put on dialysis to be kept alive.

We did talk to the doctors and they said that they're waiting for his kidneys to improve, and then they'll try to perform the surgery on his legs. At this point they don't think it will be fatal, and they think he'll be able to walk again.

Thanks for your prayers :)

that's great news April.

spend as much time with him now as you can.

peace&love

leigh