• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Post Injection Pain

crossroadcreep

I just started testosterone three weeks ago, but I have been experiencing severe pain after my injection. The first two weeks I became really sore 24hrs after my dose. my entire outer thighs were tender, sore, and hot to the touch. I could barely walk for  two to three days before the pain finally subsided in time for next shot. This past week, the third week, I developed an itchy, red lump right where the needle entered. The soreness isn’t as bad as the previous, but there is still a lump. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I feel no pain when giving the actual injections and make sure to rotate areas. Is this normal? Is my body just getting use to testosterone? 

• Forum Moderator

I would get in touch with your doctor and ask them if there is an issue.  I have never heard of that kind of issue from my FTM friends but others here will certainly have more personal experience.

By the way.... Welcome!

Hugs,

Charlize

CRC, I have had a fair amount of pain when giving myself injections in my thigh, so I switched to my hip area. Much less pain after the injection.

But what you described sounds a bit more painful than average. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it.

• 4 weeks later...

What needle are you using? If you have two needles prescribed to you, you should be drawing up with the longer one and injecting with the shorter one. But definitely talk to your doctor, it could be an allergic reaction to the metal in the needle or the brand of T