• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

JK Rowling Sucks

Lexi C

I have no idea Why The LBGT community has not come out and burn her books.  Her explanation was worse and filling with more homophobic and bigoted rambling. " If I was 30yrs and had access to a community where I could be persuaded to be a men. I would of been the son my father always wanted ."

What a self loathing B@@@@...

God.... its people like her that make it so hard for all M2F TG. She literally calls all m2f pervs.

?Burning books isn't going to undo her madness, except pollute the atmosphere.  Writing more appropriate material and being a better person is far more beneficial. Wish they would use Harry Potter books donated to be recycled into a paper mache floats for the next pride. From the shreds of opposition we glue together a better community.

• Admin

Whatever your opinion @Alex C about the author herself, the actors and actresses who have played her characters in movies have come down heavily on our side of things.  Her books do give a better picture of life and ideals when they are read than she her self has expressed for her own self.  I have checked with my grandchildren who have read them and the books do not make them hate me or think less of me.  I do not know what devils the woman has in her life that she feels trapped in her ideas, but believe me the devils are there.

Please remember that our rules are against name calling and character attacks If we start having problems wit open attack, I or another Admin / Mod will lock it or take it down.  Easy does, should or should not the books be destroyed is a fair comment.

1 hour ago, Alex C said:

I have no idea Why The LBGT community has not come out and burn her books.

This will mean buying the books first which will support J.K. Rowling financially, so I would strongly oppose book burning.

To clarify: I don't think there is anything wrong with buying the books if it is so someone can read them. You can like a creation while disliking the creator. I just think buying the books because of her intolerant comments (even if it is to burn them) is more of a reward than a punishment. At least buying the books to read them would be rewarding her for creating the stories rather than rewarding intolerant comments.

54 minutes ago, Mx.Drago said:

? Writing more appropriate material and being a better person is far more beneficial.

I think it would be funny for there to be a work of fiction that includes a character who is a spoof of J.K. Rowling.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Dana Michelle said:

I think it would be funny for there to be a work of fiction that includes a character who is a spoof of J.K. Rowling.

If the character is able to take an adventure or quest that leads them to change their stand and reshapes them, that is an excellent idea. It could be done kindly and in a way that illustrates heroic character as they sense the need to survive and create new beginnings.

• Admin

After a re-read or two here I am seeing both sides reaching a single point and each giving the same message -- "You cannot understand what I have experienced!"  The validity of either claim is lost on the other and there is no ground that either feels they can pour their souls out on carefully and without fear of being hurt and disregarded. 

I was around when the concept of designated privilege was developed.  From the beginning though it was met with brick wall resistance from those designated as having the privilege.  I have always considered it to be a bad word to describe the actual phenomena that creates the vision of  attack than a playing board that needs to be there, but it can be defined and inventoried if the group spokes people for the less privileged and the other side can converse without placing shame or feeling shame. 

In my former days presenting as male I did have conversations that were just that, two way streets with radical feminists.  The people I talked with though were articulate and could explain what the term Privilege meant to them.  Each one though had the term mean different phenomena to them, but luckily I was trying to learn and made a stone soup out of them in my mind.  I have encountered the same things dealing with idealists of racial privilege and yes Trans Privilege as well. 

The important thing though is not to feel shame for what you do have.  As a white Trans person, I need to include my non white Trans people into that privilege.  It may be as simple as my buying dinner and being company in a place they would not feel as comfortable in or that would not feel as comfortable having them without me. That is simple but one thing.

For Feminists, there is an element of hurt and fear of anything male.  Each one is going to have their own idea of the privilege that I as a Trans woman have or have had in male days.  I did have it, but as a totally hidden Trans woman I did not have the experience of either a cis male or cis woman.  This is a point the exclusionary RF's do not understand.  It is not the medical or Behavioral sciences we can quote to them, it is getting together (which could happen) and getting a common language of what Privilege really is.  It is a lot of work that most will not attempt to do.  So in the meantime we are all at the do not admit or have time to just now.  SIGH.

hey  Vicki your right. but I am tried of it. In the last two  weeks I' ve been call a sheman, a -awesome person-, and perv and that's just walking in my n.bor hood. I was so suicidal last week. I am feed up...no matter what surgeries I have or  how Cis I tried to be ...We will always been seem as pervs bye society  / Sorry again I didn't mean to break any rules... but people like her are worse then Trump

Honestly I couldn't careless about JK Rowlings opinions, Sure she made one of the best stories/movies in my childhood but I don't know her so her opinions are irrelevant to me, my life & my choices. I try not to worry too much about this stuff because it just makes the world look darker than it needs to be. I agree though, the way how she expressed her opinions wasn't exactly what I thought she'd be, considering she wrote an entire series based on fantasy, wizardry mixed with the modern world. I'd have thought she would have been more open minded than that. This sucks. Oh well. I'll wake up tomorrow happier than she will be based on the criticism she's been receiving ha! Karma's a B eh. She's still a person regardless, we all have our moments. Lets hope she learns what it means to be a human & not see 'us' differently.

I have little regard for JK Rowling's words.  I hardly see her as a threat.  It isn't like her opinions are going to sway thousands of people to suddenly hate trans folks.  She is not someone i would likely ever meet in person.  In the end, she's just a human being like the rest of us, and we are all rather imperfect.  She puts on her underpants the same way i do; one leg at a time.  She goes to the bathroom, the same way i do.  So, she wrote a few books that were successful?  She's still just a human being.

I also kinda feel bad for her.  It is obvious she is ignorant that gender and sexuality are not the same, and what it means to be trans.  Her ignorance is either due to a lack of personal investigation, or it is willful.  Either way, it is a totally sad way to proceed through life.  The anger she obviously harbors for trans people impacts mainly her own blood pressure, raises her cortisol levels, and will eventually shorten her own lifespan.  What she is doing to herself is also sad, but outside my ability to control.  It is her life.

Finally, her words are more than likely very temporal.  In a few months it is likely we will have pretty much forgotten about them.  The value of JK Rowlings words is only in their ability to have a persistent impact.  How many of these TERFs have we seen come and go?  They make a bunch of noise, but no one really jumps on their band wagon.  They are not making any progress in stripping us of our rights.  For all i care, they can have their cis women only spaces.  I don't want to be around people like that anyway.  As far as i am concerned by shutting themselves up in some exclusive place is doing the rest of us a favor.  It keeps them away from more reasonable people.

I never really got into Harry Potter. So I wasn't really that devastated at all when I found out she's just another terf. I know many in the queer community were though. Alot of people looked up to those stories I guess... 

~Toni

That's it. Starting today, I'm starting a book--no a whole series of books about transgender people. In fact, I'll add a sci-fi vampires & werewolves thing to it. Then I can illustrate some positivity and spread joy, not hate. I'm gonna fight with the right(write!) words. 

? Absorb all that 'White Wolf' glory. I LARP too much for my own good. Plus anime has been spicing up the pot with it's own passions on the subject.

If anyone can't stand JK Rowling's books (harry potter) but needs a book to replace hers with some fantasy and modern world mixed together... I suggest looking up Rick Riordan, he has about 4-5 series based on various mythologies, each of them with their gods, demigods, monsters & mythology culture, There are even crossovers from each of those books so it's really cool. They were also Published by Disney so they're made for all ages! His books are the best books I've read. 

2 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

They were also Published by Disney so they're made for all ages! His books are the best books I've read. 

Please reframe from invoking the wonderful world of over 100yrs worth of culture misrepresentation. Aka Disney. Can we try making something magical of a different variety.

Rowling is a very clever wordsmith. Everything about her essay was calculated and deliberate. It was a splinter grenade hidden inside an olive branch.

The woman is evil. I don't say that lightly, or to be sensational. She's fully committed to demonising trans people and making society less safe for us. Make absolutely no mistake about that.

Her other pen name is Robert Galbraith, under which she's written at least one story demonising trans women.

Robert Galbraith is also the name of a scientist who used to torture gay men by giving them electric shocks inside the brain.

I'll leave it you to decide for yourself if that's a coincidence.

56 minutes ago, DragonflyGirl said:

Rowling is a very clever wordsmith. Everything about her essay was calculated and deliberate. It was a splinter grenade hidden inside an olive branch.

I think her splinter grenade backfired on her. https://ew.com/movies/every-harry-potter-actor-whos-spoken-out-against-j-k-rowlings-controversial-transgender-comments/

31 minutes ago, Dana Michelle said:

This is very welcome, but Radcliffe and Watson are being branded enemies of women on forums such as Mumsnet and other TERF haunts. Until we get proper representation in popular media, the GC movement will continue dehumanising us, and they will do damage with an influential, respected figure like Rowling validating their horrible campaign.

We're still a tiny minority with no comparable voice. A lot of people who don't know anything about us are being persuaded that we're a threat. The government in the UK have signalled an intention to rollback our rights. There's a much bigger and more threatening picture here.

40 minutes ago, DragonflyGirl said:

This is very welcome, but Radcliffe and Watson are being branded enemies of women on forums such as Mumsnet and other TERF haunts. Until we get proper representation in popular media, the GC movement will continue dehumanising us, and they will do damage with an influential, respected figure like Rowling validating their horrible campaign.

We're still a tiny minority with no comparable voice. A lot of people who don't know anything about us are being persuaded that we're a threat. The government in the UK have signalled an intention to rollback our rights. There's a much bigger and more threatening picture here.

1 hour ago, DragonflyGirl said:

I think actors are more famous than authors. I didn't even know who authored the Harry Potter novels until a six months ago when she made the tweet misrepresenting why Maya Forstater lost her job. I was actually surprised that they were written by a modern author. I kind of figured they were written over 100 years ago.

17 hours ago, DragonflyGirl said:

Her other pen name is Robert Galbraith, under which she's written at least one story demonising trans women.

Robert Galbraith is also the name of a scientist who used to torture gay men by giving them electric shocks inside the brain.

I'll leave it you to decide for yourself if that's a coincidence.

Omg that's horrible!